Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the older groups at Edp events well attended by college coaches?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That list is bull**** since MF Shore is not on it. MFA is not to be confused with MF Shore. That's night and day. MF Shore has all the talented kids, MFA has the left overs. I would say many, if not all, the kids on the 09 team get into D1 schools. Thats just the way it is. Get use to it. When you have this awesome of a group of kids, I'm really surprised they don't have scouts looking at them already. RT has one of the best teams in the country. And the season hasn't even started yet. They are already playing up U13, and they will be doing some U14 & U15 games as well. Be prepared to be amazed, the same was we are everytime they take the field. WE ARE THE SHORE!
    There is a similar story in MF's past. A team of random kids is recruited by MF so they can put it on their web site for marketing. See the MF alumni class with most kids going to a good school?

http://championships.usyouthsoccer.o..._to_nationals/

Comment

Majority of the MF kids go to D3 colleges or (academically) non-competitive D1 colleges. Out of a 40 person group around 5 make it to good D1 colleges. Its all on the MF site. Historically out of the 5 kids that have gone to decent colleges, maybe 2-3 would join MF late in the cycle (at U15-U16). Joining a MF team is a debatable strategy.

I cant tell you that out of 40 kids only 1/2 went to college, and out of the 20 kids that went to college, how many joined late, but maybe you can observe the rosters and the alumni list to figure it out.

http://www.matchfitacademy.net/girls-alumni
      Solid post.

Comment

How can you judge a club by a list of colleges? Every player has different needs and wants when it comes to college. Most will never be pro and know that and choose a college they want to go to usually with a good offer. D3s may not have sports scholarships but these players aren’t lacking in that department when they go. The best way to judge a club would be if they posted the actual scholarships. Then parents and players could really see which clubs are worth playing at.

Comment

Nana nana nana an banana

Jealousy never gets you anywhere!

Comment

Nananananananananananana

Nananananananananamamamamamam

Comment

How can you judge a club by a list of colleges? Every player has different needs and wants when it comes to college. Most will never be pro and know that and choose a college they want to go to usually with a good offer. D3s may not have sports scholarships but these players aren’t lacking in that department when they go. The best way to judge a club would be if they posted the actual scholarships. Then parents and players could really see which clubs are worth playing at.
              When you are choosing a club/team it means everything if your daughter is “good enough” to play at college and what level. The actual numbers and which college these players attend do not lie. It’s factual. The actual scholarship has nothing to do with your choice because the club has nothing to do with that amount. A scholarship is determined by the players talent level and needs of that college program. You judge a program by not the quantity but the quality of schools that the players attend in D1, D2, D3 schools. You judge a club first and foremost by being realistic about how good of a player your daughter actual is along with what are her goals going forward playing soccer in college. It’s not what the parent wants but it begins with the player. The club decision then becomes more narrow knowing if they want to just play for the love of the game or do you pick a club based on which league they play where my daughter can get the most/best exposure. That is when you look at the college committ list because they have to be truthful even if the player joined after committing elsewhere or even if they have been with the club for a short time. They chose that club because of the competitive nature of the league that club plays in.

Comment

When you are choosing a club/team it means everything if your daughter is “good enough” to play at college and what level. The actual numbers and which college these players attend do not lie. It’s factual. The actual scholarship has nothing to do with your choice because the club has nothing to do with that amount. A scholarship is determined by the players talent level and needs of that college program. You judge a program by not the quantity but the quality of schools that the players attend in D1, D2, D3 schools. You judge a club first and foremost by being realistic about how good of a player your daughter actual is along with what are her goals going forward playing soccer in college. It’s not what the parent wants but it begins with the player. The club decision then becomes more narrow knowing if they want to just play for the love of the game or do you pick a club based on which league they play where my daughter can get the most/best exposure. That is when you look at the college committ list because they have to be truthful even if the player joined after committing elsewhere or even if they have been with the club for a short time. They chose that club because of the competitive nature of the league that club plays in.
                By your logic a player who turns down a low to modest scholarship offer to play for say....Virginia to play for Carnegie Mellon with full scholarships (but no soccer scholarship) makes the player and club bad? All the clubs post are where they committed not where they were offers or even how good those offers were. Maybe they have players offered spots on higher end D1 schools but players opt for better ones at other schools? I know several players who turned down what most would consider dream schools for better offers closer to home.

All I am saying is judging a place like MF or PDA based sole on the college commitment list is ridiculous as you don't know ever players wants, needs, choices or ability.

Comment

By your logic a player who turns down a low to modest scholarship offer to play for say....Virginia to play for Carnegie Mellon with full scholarships (but no soccer scholarship) makes the player and club bad? All the clubs post are where they committed not where they were offers or even how good those offers were. Maybe they have players offered spots on higher end D1 schools but players opt for better ones at other schools? I know several players who turned down what most would consider dream schools for better offers closer to home.

All I am saying is judging a place like MF or PDA based sole on the college commitment list is ridiculous as you don't know ever players wants, needs, choices or ability.
                  You are misreading what I am saying. I agree that you judge a club by their commitment list regardless of what division they play. My daughter playing ECNL had D1 offers but she chose D3 instead because of academics and less Soccer commitment. The point being you make choices based on the opportunity your daughter has made available through the club and league they play. That’s the point. If a club list have players committed across the spectrum is a sign of success. There are clubs who make promises but have no history of having commitments in across the board from P5 conferences to IVY and D3’s.

Comment

Na na nana na na

Na na nana na na

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X