Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You simply can't do both. Physically and mentally it's too much. There's always conflicts = more stress. Some states don't' even all ow it or greatly restrict it. The old DA rule of no HS was controversial but it was there for a good reason. Even when they allowed private school kids to play HS, they weren't allowed to do DA in the HS season. This wishy washy approach won't work - either ban HS altogether or don't try to do a 10 month season that won't happen. Notice the fall NE schedule is very light? Because clubs are struggling with the numbers.
    Agree way to much, in a way the GA clubs are actually secretly rooting for a HS season shutdown.

Comment

Agree way to much, in a way the GA clubs are actually secretly rooting for a HS season shutdown.
      Your such an ass. Nobody is hoping for a shutdown...

Comment

They went with the same sub rules as ECNL I believe.
        Nope. Not at all.

Comment

They are allowed to play HS Soccer. Seems like a nice league, likely at par with the ECNL other than at the top.
          It’s not even close to par. They lost their best clubs to ECNL. Players also left for other ecnl teams.

Comment

It’s not even close to par. They lost their best clubs to ECNL. Players also left for other ecnl teams.
            This is the part the apologists don't seem to want to acknowledge. I've heard several people complain that lots of people wants the GA to fail (I think it's dumb personally, but I don't want it to outright fail), that it might be just as good as ECNL, and that you can't say anything because no games have been played. To the second point - how can that possibly be, especially at the younger age groups. I get older kids staying at GA clubs and I understand that there can't be a spot for everyone looking to leave one of those clubs to go to ECNL, but consider the tops clubs leaving (not in NJ obviously, but definitely within the two playable regions for GA) and some kind of talent exodus. To me that means that even some of the remaining DA clubs that were decent are going to be worse. Following that logic, you are going to be traveling 2,3,4 hours for bad soccer. I guess I would rather place decent soccer within an hour or so or my house than travel (potentially staying overnight) out of state for games that won't improve my kid. If a few of the better clubs in the region join or the talent drain wasn't what I am describing, then maybe it can be good. I won't sink it without information, but from the outside looking in it looks like a huge marketing/money ploy from clubs that no longer had a hook like the DA to draw huge numbers of people in. If you aren't in an elite league, how do you differentiate yourself from the next club (except actual coaching and training haha).

Comment

This is the part the apologists don't seem to want to acknowledge. I've heard several people complain that lots of people wants the GA to fail (I think it's dumb personally, but I don't want it to outright fail), that it might be just as good as ECNL, and that you can't say anything because no games have been played. To the second point - how can that possibly be, especially at the younger age groups. I get older kids staying at GA clubs and I understand that there can't be a spot for everyone looking to leave one of those clubs to go to ECNL, but consider the tops clubs leaving (not in NJ obviously, but definitely within the two playable regions for GA) and some kind of talent exodus. To me that means that even some of the remaining DA clubs that were decent are going to be worse. Following that logic, you are going to be traveling 2,3,4 hours for bad soccer. I guess I would rather place decent soccer within an hour or so or my house than travel (potentially staying overnight) out of state for games that won't improve my kid. If a few of the better clubs in the region join or the talent drain wasn't what I am describing, then maybe it can be good. I won't sink it without information, but from the outside looking in it looks like a huge marketing/money ploy from clubs that no longer had a hook like the DA to draw huge numbers of people in. If you aren't in an elite league, how do you differentiate yourself from the next club (except actual coaching and training haha).
              GAL doesn’t have the talent in NJ, the coaching is subpar at best at most age groups, clubs are so far behind PDA, competition is lacking to say the least and then the national opportunity is gone with so many team moving to ecnl.

Tough road ahead but hey the marketing of the league is great!

Comment

GA

If your superstar doesn’t play GA than why do you people care if other kids play GA? Seems like a bunch of JV Dads caring about other people’s kids! 100% you people got their lunch $$$ stolen in Middle School! Well maybe you are the Al Bundy type. Worry about your kid not others . My tip to you

Comment

Age groups

Are they combined?

Comment

Are they combined?
                    Only U18/19. GDA went for more bodies = more money instead of quality. Combined age teams was one of the better components of DA but market share became the goal. GAL is doing the same

Comment

Na na na na nana

Na na na na nana

Comment

Na na na na nana

Na na na na nana

Comment

MF Shore #1 Na na na na nana

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X