EDP Futures

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does EDP put these younger teams in brackets? I assume they try and do it by ability, but how do they know the ability of brand new teams to the league? I'm thinking some of the teams that move from local leagues, or brand new clubs for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      How does EDP put these younger teams in brackets? I assume they try and do it by ability, but how do they know the ability of brand new teams to the league? I'm thinking some of the teams that move from local leagues, or brand new clubs for example.
      They mostly talk to the coach to get a sense of where the team is. They also take into consideration past results from that coach and club.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

I think at the youngest ages (u9?), the coaches have a ton of input into which flight the team goes into. Then, after the fall season, each team's results dictate who goes up, stays or goes down.

I presume a club's reputation plays a part too but that's just a guess.

Comment

Is this in a festival format?

Is this a festival format?

Comment

Is this a festival format?
              Depends, there are U9 and U10 leagues, and also festivals that involve multiple ages (mostly younger kids). I think the festivals are going to be pretty limited this fall, maybe only a small handful of dates. League games are not festival formats, they are 7v7 with a ref.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X