• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why no 2007 Scorpions in this bracket?
    Because they’re entered in U15.

Comment

Scorpions should be in and the stars 08 ecnl blue should be out
      Who determines this? Is it based on number of teams entered? First come first served basis?

Comment

Who determines this? Is it based on number of teams entered? First come first served basis?
        I’d much rather my kid play Scorpions a third time than the 2008’s what feels like the millionth time. Stupid. The 2008’s don’t belong in the top bracket.

Comment

Same. Feels like a missed opportunity to get the 2007 teams together for some rare in-state games. I was looking forward to seeing NEFC play against Scorpions and the two Stars teams.

-Scorpions dad.

Comment

Same. Feels like a missed opportunity to get the 2007 teams together for some rare in-state games. I was looking forward to seeing NEFC play against Scorpions and the two Stars teams.

-Scorpions dad.
            in the scheme of things WHO CARES! It's U-14 girls soccer friendly. It's not even a real tournament. So you are going to lose sleep over a club not playing another club in a friendly? That comes across as weird to me and probably alot of others. Let me guess, you don't even have a daughter playing U-14, yet, you comment on a team not playing another team. Dude-sorry for your loss! Hope you can get over it.

Comment

in the scheme of things WHO CARES! It's U-14 girls soccer friendly. It's not even a real tournament. So you are going to lose sleep over a club not playing another club in a friendly? That comes across as weird to me and probably alot of others. Let me guess, you don't even have a daughter playing U-14, yet, you comment on a team not playing another team. Dude-sorry for your loss! Hope you can get over it.
              Funny. It reads to me like a dad who probably hopes for the best possible competition for his daughter each time she takes the field. I bet if you asked his long term view on the impact he’d agree it’s negligible. But there’s nothing weird about hoping your kid has a chance to play against the most competitive teams. In fact, it would be weird for a parent of a competitive player not to want that.

Comment

It’s never perfect it never will be ! Just enjoy the games.

Comment

Funny. It reads to me like a dad who probably hopes for the best possible competition for his daughter each time she takes the field. I bet if you asked his long term view on the impact he’d agree it’s negligible. But there’s nothing weird about hoping your kid has a chance to play against the most competitive teams. In fact, it would be weird for a parent of a competitive player not to want that.
                  I've had a daughter on a "list team" 5 years running. The vast majority of parents on these teams (at least the ones I know) would rather play strong competition every week versus playing an opponent that is over matched. To me, the girls get very little out of beating up on a weaker opponent. Come on. Do you think if NEFC had their choice of opponents today they'd pick PDA or Oakwood?

I don't see where anyone discussing this topic is "losing sleep" over anything about March scrimmages. It is simply a discussion about the fact (at least to some of us) its unfortunate that he best possible match ups couldn't have been put in place, since these teams are rarely in the same event and everyone has struggled to get games in over the last year due to the restrictions in place. Not sure what is controversial about that.

Comment

ECNL spring season is underway!

2007 CFC beat East Meadow yesterday in the first game of 2021. Let's hope we can get a full run of games in this spring!

Comment

ECNL spring season is underway!

2007 CFC beat East Meadow yesterday in the first game of 2021. Let's hope we can get a full run of games in this spring!
                      6-0 is a beat down.

Comment

6-0 is a beat down.
                        But the ECNL folk will come here to preach about how superior their league is. How is this any different from NEFC beat down of LISC? Please do tell.

Comment

But the ECNL folk will come here to preach about how superior their league is. How is this any different from NEFC beat down of LISC? Please do tell.
                          It’s not. Next topic please

Comment

Thank you GAGers. Say hello to Empire United for us.

Comment

Thank you GAGers. Say hello to Empire United for us.
                              How’s FSA doing? I hear they have given you all some good games.

Comment

FSA 2 NYSC 0
                                NEFC 2 NYSC 0

That FSA? See you next weekend.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X