Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Players Practice In Order To Play ???????

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

host locations for fsl out

just saw the locations to host, we live on the west coast and the team we play on is on the east, just saw all our games are on the east coast, since we don't have to travel to practice do you think it would be ok to ask the team for gas money to the games?

Comment

why bother is it really worth the drive stay in your own area and play and let your child enjoy the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        What is OP?

Def: OP= Original Poster in Talking-soccer.com terms.

But could someone tell me what IMO or IMHO is in posts? I'm feeling lost on this...

Comment

just saw the locations to host, we live on the west coast and the team we play on is on the east, just saw all our games are on the east coast, since we don't have to travel to practice do you think it would be ok to ask the team for gas money to the games?
          Absolutely, if they are all about winning and not developing as a team then they wont mind fronting you the gas $$$$'s, hell I'd ask them for hotel money and go the night before

Comment

Absolutely, if they are all about winning and not developing as a team then they wont mind fronting you the gas $$$$'s, hell I'd ask them for hotel money and go the night before
            I've seen many "developing" teams not "winning", but I've rarely seen "winning" teams not "developing".

Get over the "winning" vs. "developing" thing: the two are not exclusive from one another.

"Developing" is a facade used by marginal coaches, clubs, DOCs and teams in an attempt to rationalize inferior performance and results.

Soccerspeak bull crap: "We're not concerned with winning - our focus is on development"

Comment

This should be a team decison with parent and player input since they are the ones paying and playing. If this was Europe or latin America then it should only be a club or coach decision but this is the USA where the club and team are really dependent upon the parent base and should treat them with respect regarding such and other matters.

Comment

In theory:

Teams that focus on "developing", ask, how can I take my existing players and make them better. They are not going to refuse new talent, but are not going to go out of the way to recruit or accommodate them. They are willing to lose games in order to allow players the opportunity to be creative and experiment. They may or may not do well in the rankings. Their focus is on the individual player over the team.

Teams that focus on "winning" ask how can I get rid of my existing players and replace them with better players. They are always looking for the next best thing and are willing to cut players who may be lagging to make room for the Stars. Rankings are critically important for these teams and therefore losing is not an option. As a result, experimenting and creativity are not encouraged. Their focus is on the team over the individual.

Comment

Where do I send the check ? I dont care if you train with the team, we just want you there for the matches. I already paid for 1\2 of your registration i'll get the rest for you as well, don't tell the local players families that actually make less then you we are fronting you. Btw thank you so much for making my kid look good, without you they would like just average.

Comment

In theory:

Individual players (or teams or clubs) who seek to continually develop and improve strive to surround themselves with and compete against others better than themselves.

Teams (or clubs) that don't welcome new, higher caliber players are doing a disservice to their existing players.

Comment

Def: OP= Original Poster in Talking-soccer.com terms.

But could someone tell me what IMO or IMHO is in posts? I'm feeling lost on this...
                      IMO = In my opinion
                      IMHO= In my humble opinion

Comment

In theory:

Individual players (or teams or clubs) who seek to continually develop and improve strive to surround themselves with and compete against others better than themselves.

Teams (or clubs) that don't welcome new, higher caliber players are doing a disservice to their existing players.
                        In theory :

Clubs should welcome out of area players to make their teams better (agreed) but the TEAM UNIT can not, and will not succeed without those players training with the TEAM. To give example our team won fall league play in a good league, we added players from out of area for state cup that never trained with the team, we did not get out of the round of 16. All teams need cohesion in order to succeed, you CAN NOT get this cohesion by just playing 2 games on one day in league play or as a guest player. Before you say maybe your team was not SC level, we were. I like this thread just stumbled on it but I must say...................... There are some LIFE LESSONS involved in the underlining of this thread.

Comment

I've seen many "developing" teams not "winning", but I've rarely seen "winning" teams not "developing".

Get over the "winning" vs. "developing" thing: the two are not exclusive from one another.

"Developing" is a facade used by marginal coaches, clubs, DOCs and teams in an attempt to rationalize inferior performance and results.

Soccerspeak bull crap: "We're not concerned with winning - our focus is on development"
                          actually recruiting players are what "marginal" coaches do, i have a c license only and i am marginal at best, but i poach and recruit every good player i can to offset my "marginal" coaching, works for me, i actually tell my out of towners not to come to practice because all i do is throw a ball out and say scrimmage, mainly because i am "marginal" then i go to the parents side at practice and do what i do best (bukks$!# everyone) i am greatful the good players on my team are from out of town so they do not see my "marginal" coaching. during games i tell the parents "i want to let the players figure it out on their own" (again because i am a "marginal" coach) after all you never see josep guardiola standing during a barca match actually coaching the best team in the world (btw you do if you watch them)
                          if messi, xavi, etc. etc. need some coaching during a match i promise your youth player does..

i know, many of you are going wow is that my coach ? i am also sure many coaches are going is that me ? if your not sure, then it is most likely your coach or you.

ask your kids what they learned after training next time, after all we expect their teachers at school not just to give them a book and say figure it out, we expect them to do what?
                          teach

Comment

I still can't believe this is even debateable. Only in youth soccer would people even consider whther it's "necessary" for a player to practice with a team.

How about we take it to the logical extreme; pick 15 talented kids from across the state. have them NEVER practice together, only play games. How do you think they'll do?

Comment

I still can't believe this is even debateable. Only in youth soccer would people even consider whther it's "necessary" for a player to practice with a team.

How about we take it to the logical extreme; pick 15 talented kids from across the state. have them NEVER practice together, only play games. How do you think they'll do?
                              against a team of 15 good players that are training together not very well

Comment

against a team of 15 good players that are training together not very well
                                mainly because they would all be arguing about no one wanting to play on the back line

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X