Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freddie Adu

I think however this US/Mex. game ends that Freddie Adu has put his detractors to rest. Good for him.
    Last edited by thebes20; 06-25-2011, 09:27 PM.

Originally posted by thebes20 View Post
    I think however this US/Mex. game ends that Freddie Adu has put his detractors to rest. Good for him.
    He has been effective but he needs to play with both feet...especially on his service. The mexican defenders seemed to have an easier time with him in the second half knowing that he would bring the ball back to his left before serving it.

Comment

Originally posted by thebes20 View Post
      Adu is so muc better than Jozy. Adu has excellent footwork. Not like Jozy who is lazy and no footskills. I say Adu should be a USA starter and Jozy should sit on the bench (when he gets back).

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Adu is so muc better than Jozy. Adu has excellent footwork. Not like Jozy who is lazy and no footskills. I say Adu should be a USA starter and Jozy should sit on the bench (when he gets back).
        guys we need a new style of play we do not touch the ball and we have no creative players that could penetrate a defense . I'm not going to blame coach bradley because he was hired by our federation now if they can not identify the problem then we need to start from the top!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Losers!!!!

Yes now you can run for the border and recruit!!!!

Comment

They don't play same position? Adu is strictly a MF and Jozy is a ST.. Davies needs to get back to what he was and then we can play a 4-4-2 again with both of them up top.. I still don't know why Dempsey doesn't play Forward when he is Fulham's all time goal scorer as striker!

Comment

Kicked in face

Was that a cheap shot by a dirty Mexican? Red card not issued.

Comment

Altidore is usually very lazy and he has limited skills beyond shooting. He can only be effective if we have midfielders feeding him the ball. With Adu on the field Altidore could be better. But I would prefer to use Dempsey as our striker and Altidore as nothing more than his sub.

Comment

He has been effective but he needs to play with both feet...especially on his service. The mexican defenders seemed to have an easier time with him in the second half knowing that he would bring the ball back to his left before serving it.
                  he does not NEED to play with both feet, but it would be nice. it's a skill many players (from many countries) don't possess. i disagree with you on the other point though. the mexican defenders had an easier time with him in the 2nd half because the US was not doing much to help Adu in the way of support or movement on and off the ball. and that, my friend, is that.

Comment

Not to mention he hasn't had minutes playing international soccer since what, 2009? Freddy was THE man on the US roster last night. Didn't expect him to start but was awfully glad he did. I expect to see him in more international competition and as he increased his caps I expect him to increase his contribution to this team.

WELL DONE FREDDY!!!!!

Comment

Not to mention he hasn't had minutes playing international soccer since what, 2009? Freddy was THE man on the US roster last night. Didn't expect him to start but was awfully glad he did. I expect to see him in more international competition and as he increased his caps I expect him to increase his contribution to this team.

WELL DONE FREDDY!!!!!
                      Congrats to Freddy for stepping up and playing well in a tournament when it looked like he wouldn't even get on the field. It's easy to forget that the guy just turned 22. He's still got a lot of time before the story of his career is written. I hope he continues to work hard and get opportunities. It seemed like things came to easily for him when he was younger, and now he's finding out that he's got to work just as hard as the next guy. This is a good lesson for a lot of kids in premier soccer. They think that because they're the best guy on their team, that it will always be easy for them. Then when they move on to bigger and better teams, their little egos are crushed. Credit to Adu for not crumbling.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X