Clear All

thoughts on USA Argentina game tonight

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...usa.argentina/

men v boys

Men against boys........

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Men against boys........
      a perfect example of how an end scorline is truly NOT an indicator of the actual game. it's a false-positive. men against boys for sure (no tevez either).

Comment

you can dominate a game all you want, but the score at the end of the game is all that matters. who cares how many shots argentina had, if they couldnt put the ball in the back of the net?? it was a tie- dominating a game but not scoring does not matter... brownie points get you NO WHERE... and no im not a US or argentina fan

Comment

The Argentines put on a clinic in the first half. The US team has some work to do. 2nd half was much more even, but I think Argentina took their foot of the gas pedal and coasted.

Comment

USA Soccer

The Americans will eventually take over soccer just like they have every other professional sport that matters...

Comment

The Americans will eventually take over soccer just like they have every other professional sport that matters...
              It only matters when they take it over. Baseball, American Football and Basketball dont matter to the rest of the world.

Comment

It goes without saying that Argentina is vastly superior to the U.S. and maybe always will be. The concern for the U.S. is finding a forward who consistently can score goals so it was great to see Bradley putting that young kid in who scored. The U.S. needs to always be looking for new young talent because it is out there. Also we cannot play favorites with some of the veterans who may become dead weight. Bradley is not my favorite coach but he is showing flexibility in thinking about the future.

Comment

It only matters when they take it over. Baseball, American Football and Basketball dont matter to the rest of the world.

Take a look at the Olympics (summer or winter) where most of the sports in the world are represented then take a look the medal count if you can count Mr. Envy. We will take over soccer too, I hope you will be around to see it and weep.

Comment

It goes without saying that Argentina is vastly superior to the U.S. and maybe always will be. The concern for the U.S. is finding a forward who consistently can score goals so it was great to see Bradley putting that young kid in who scored. The U.S. needs to always be looking for new young talent because it is out there. Also we cannot play favorites with some of the veterans who may become dead weight. Bradley is not my favorite coach but he is showing flexibility in thinking about the future.
                    why is it in youth sports if a team of argintinas caliber loses a game they have fallen behind and are yesterdays news?

Comment

Take a look at the Olympics (summer or winter) where most of the sports in the world are represented then take a look the medal count if you can count Mr. Envy. We will take over soccer too, I hope you will be around to see it and weep.
                      Personally, I'll take a World Cup trophy in futbol (soccer) over a hundred gold Olympic medals, I really couldn't care less about who can swim faster or jump the farthest. And seriously, anyone can instantly remember who the last World Cup Champion was, but who remembers who won a gold medal in Archery at the olympics for example?

Comment

Personally, I'll take a World Cup trophy in futbol (soccer) over a hundred gold Olympic medals, I really couldn't care less about who can swim faster or jump the farthest. And seriously, anyone can instantly remember who the last World Cup Champion was, but who remembers who won a gold medal in Archery at the olympics for example?
                        I know that Lindsey Vonn won in skiing but only bc she's a hottie

Comment

why is it in youth sports if a team of argintinas caliber loses a game they have fallen behind and are yesterdays news?
                          Not following you

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X