Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Caution, which is what most have been advocating for, is not hypocrisy. You seem to think that it's a binary choice between OMG PLANDEMIC and hiding under a rock. I think it's time you slink away and let the adults talk. Sad!
    And you feel that you are the only one that can make choices for everyone else. bullshi#

Go away.

Comment

And you feel that you are the only one that can make choices for everyone else. bullshi#

Go away.
      Why do you swear so much? I have not been on TS for a couple months and I just checked back in to find this poster, you, possibly a couple others, clearly writing on both WA and OR discussions with a plethora of swearing. Teenagers read TS. Constant swearing in your discussions is a poor way to make a point. It is inflammatory and rarely causes a reader or listener to truly entertain your talking points. It is an easy way to add emphasis that is both less creative and less effective. Once in a while perhaps you can startle someone via a swear word to underscore your serious tone, but your posts are riddled with foul language and it stops having any effect. For these reasons and because this audience is both adolescent and adult, stop the bombardment of this language in your posts.

Comment

Caution, which is what most have been advocating for, is not hypocrisy. You seem to think that it's a binary choice between OMG PLANDEMIC and hiding under a rock. I think it's time you slink away and let the adults talk. Sad!
        Adult here. People here have been advocating to play soccer, while others have been advocating to not play soccer.

I think that was the original question.

For those of you advocating to not play, when soccer is allowed in a week or two, will you, or will you not allow your child to play?

Those advocating to play feel like they aren’t being given a voice. But the very vocal minority on here that doesn’t want to play has the benefit of the guidelines being issued by our governor.

So when those guidelines change, will those advocating that soccer should not be played not allow their children to play?

If you were in the majority, soccer teams would have no way of forming...

Comment

Adult here. People here have been advocating to play soccer, while others have been advocating to not play soccer.

I think that was the original question.

For those of you advocating to not play, when soccer is allowed in a week or two, will you, or will you not allow your child to play?

Those advocating to play feel like they aren’t being given a voice. But the very vocal minority on here that doesn’t want to play has the benefit of the guidelines being issued by our governor.

So when those guidelines change, will those advocating that soccer should not be played not allow their children to play?

If you were in the majority, soccer teams would have no way of forming...
          Between clubs, hard no. Scrimmage within the club, probably. There are too many people like the "go hide under a rock, libtard," troll that don't demonstrate they are taking this seriously. People that fail to realize that there are more than just U11 teams on clubs rosters and kids, their parents, and grandparents are dying from this. I don't think anyone on this board is advocating absolutely no soccer, just caution and prudence as we reopen. We are still flying blind and the decision to have a season rather than slowly reopen reeks of profit over people.

Comment

Probably a high correlation with LGBTQZ support and no reopen sports.

Comment

none

California GA club - West Coast FC - can't hold competitions in CA, so they are moving games to Utah. Sounds like WA clubs teams are attending - curious which ones? I have certainly seen it with club basketball like Rotary traveling to Indiana, and lacrosse teams - I'm sure others...
              -
              https://www.soccerwire.com/news/cali...event-to-utah/

Comment

California GA club - West Coast FC - can't hold competitions in CA, so they are moving games to Utah. Sounds like WA clubs teams are attending - curious which ones? I have certainly seen it with club basketball like Rotary traveling to Indiana, and lacrosse teams - I'm sure others...
                -
                https://www.soccerwire.com/news/cali...event-to-utah/
                I'm confused which point you are arguing for. They are in phase 1 because there's a rampant spread of a virulent disease. Is this a solution of part of the problem?

Comment

I'm confused which point you are arguing for. They are in phase 1 because there's a rampant spread of a virulent disease. Is this a solution of part of the problem?
                  because really that’s all you care about. which side someone is on.

Comment

No. This is complicated issue where there's a lot of stressed our parents trying to figure out what's best for their kids. We all have children who love soccer who understand why they can't play. The world is upended and I believe we are all as parents trying our best. I assume you are the "dirty libtard" troll. I hope you read the next sentence because I don't think you and I are that far apart. I am advocating for a slow reopening, because I want my kid to play in a way that is safe for him and for the rest of the community their in.

I don't know what that article is pointing out other than there's frustration about our situation. I agree! Benton County is in phase one. Spokane's numbers are almost as bad and their in phase 2. I don't know what division your kids are in but I don't want my kid to play either of them. And that is informed by the studies and articles I've read.

I really appreciate the well thought out counter points that have been presented here and in the way my points and objections have been received. It's useful to see how each of us interprets the data as it's presented. Especially as we're not getting a consistent message either from state to state or at a national level. We need testing and we need to open slowly.

Comment

https://www.ksl.com/article/50020151...cases-2-deaths

Maybe bringing in people from phase 1 counties isn't a good idea?

Comment

yes, there is nothing in the plan about what to do if an area has a covid spike. So if cases skyrocket in an area we are just supposed to pretend they didn't and play on? Having out of state teams where the rules they have to follow are completely different from our state. It's like saying it's ok to piss in the pool because it will just stay in one part.

Comment

No. This is complicated issue where there's a lot of stressed our parents trying to figure out what's best for their kids. We all have children who love soccer who understand why they can't play. The world is upended and I believe we are all as parents trying our best. I assume you are the "dirty libtard" troll. I hope you read the next sentence because I don't think you and I are that far apart. I am advocating for a slow reopening, because I want my kid to play in a way that is safe for him and for the rest of the community their in.

I don't know what that article is pointing out other than there's frustration about our situation. I agree! Benton County is in phase one. Spokane's numbers are almost as bad and their in phase 2. I don't know what division your kids are in but I don't want my kid to play either of them. And that is informed by the studies and articles I've read.

I really appreciate the well thought out counter points that have been presented here and in the way my points and objections have been received. It's useful to see how each of us interprets the data as it's presented. Especially as we're not getting a consistent message either from state to state or at a national level. We need testing and we need to open slowly.
                          No, I’m not that person. calling people names, isn’t the solution and isn’t helping. And really, that word is offensive. The difference however, is you have a choice. If soccer opens up, you don’t have to let your child play. However for those of us that believe that soccer can and should start back up, we aren’t given that same choice.

Comment

No, I’m not that person. calling people names, isn’t the solution and isn’t helping. And really, that word is offensive. The difference however, is you have a choice. If soccer opens up, you don’t have to let your child play. However for those of us that believe that soccer can and should start back up, we aren’t given that same choice.
                            Unfortunately, your choice here has the potential to effect the rest of us. It's not like being concerned about concussions and choosing not to play football.

Comment

Unfortunately, your choice here has the potential to effect the rest of us. It's not like being concerned about concussions and choosing not to play football.
                              THIS. Even if you feel confident that soccer itself is a safe activity, getting on planes, transiting through airports right now, especially in areas where covid cases remain high, puts the general public at risk

Comment

none

I was posting information, not stating a position. Asked what clubs are attending out of curiosity. Don't think the forum has to be all about hard stances/positions, but can be about sharing information. I personally think this situation is complicated and gray on numerous levels and don't feel I need to align myself as a Trumper or an Inslee'n. And the attempt to divide our communities on that level does not interest me. Prefer to share information, and have a dialogue, with no blind allegiance to anyone or anything other than the understanding that the situation is fluid and the truth is written in pencil.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X