Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I would guess on the whole people actually don't care excepting the odd duck who gets mad at the parents who claim their kid plays ecnl but plays regional instead. I think the bigger issue is misinformation. Someone might come on here and gone away with an impression of ecrl that goes with the sales pitch they got from a coach. It's like what happened with the alliance league. People were told one thing an the opposite was true. I'm glad your kid turned out well from the experience but the vast majority of people on here have started ecrl is the red headed step child of ecnl. Bad competition, lots of promises of ecnl move ups, etc.
    Quite spot on in terms of the analysis, there are more than a few inaccurate posts on this forum but this one is spot on. And again if you’re happy all good but let’s not make ECRL sound like something it’s definitely not.

Comment

Quite spot on in terms of the analysis, there are more than a few inaccurate posts on this forum but this one is spot on. And again if you’re happy all good but let’s not make ECRL sound like something it’s definitely not.
      I agree...have done ECRL/NE NPL....it was rebranded from NE NPL to ECRL to create the allure of the ECNL....but its not close.

There is very very little chance of moving up to ECNL and that becomes less and less as you get older...

The entire US model of youth soccer is set up first as a business for profit and after that maybe to teach soccer...but mostly to win games to recruit bigger players to win more games to then recruit ECRL players to add the profits...

Comment

I agree...have done ECRL/NE NPL....it was rebranded from NE NPL to ECRL to create the allure of the ECNL....but its not close.

There is very very little chance of moving up to ECNL and that becomes less and less as you get older...

The entire US model of youth soccer is set up first as a business for profit and after that maybe to teach soccer...but mostly to win games to recruit bigger players to win more games to then recruit ECRL players to add the profits...
        ECRL is a perfect over sell and under deliver league for anyone that wants to believe they are really playing ECNL. It’s not even close.....better off trying GAL or USYS instead.....

Comment

If "moving up to ECNL" is not your goal, then what is the issue with ECRL?

And the change had nothing to do with rebranding. It was done so that clubs didn't need to deal with two different rostering and game systems.

Comment

If "moving up to ECNL" is not your goal, then what is the issue with ECRL?

And the change had nothing to do with rebranding. It was done so that clubs didn't need to deal with two different rostering and game systems.
            Well said my friend, ECRL is still a solid option if you want to have fun in a well run league without the pressure of college being the constant goal. Some people lose sight of what is important, teamwork, camaraderie and making life long friends!

Comment

Where is there home base?

Toms River?

Comment

Toms River?
                They are part of TRFC

Comment

They are part of TRFC
                  They’re Toms River FC+

Comment

They’re Toms River FC+
                    True statement all they do is take Toms River players and call them PDA. Don't fall for it

Comment

Are they playing in ECRL

Or Edp

Comment

Or Edp
                        I thought they were playing in the newly formed Alliance league....

Comment

I thought they were playing in the newly formed Alliance league....
                          I thought AL folded faster then DA....

Comment

I thought AL folded faster then DA....
                            The DA was a bust of major proportions and the GA is just version 2.0 at the moment.

Comment

Aren’t they PDA south ECRL now

Yes no?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X