Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So if soccer is on hold, do we all get refunds seeing the premier clubs dont have to pay for fields and coaches?
    Dont have to pay coaches?

You. Are. Out. Of. Your. Mind.

Comment

You people are unreal. Im not always happy with how CFC handles things but let’s not forget that these are small business owners. Every small business owner in the country is on pins and needles hoping they don’t have to lay off employees or close altogether. You sound like the typical Westport guy that wants to threaten legal action. Have some perspective here
      Sorry, I am not from Westport and work for every dollar I have. I will be impacted by this as well and my kid did not play all fall and had not played a single game yet. Is it fair for me to pay $3500 for nothing in return? I think not! Stop judging. Try some consideration and kindness.

Comment

Sorry, I am not from Westport and work for every dollar I have. I will be impacted by this as well and my kid did not play all fall and had not played a single game yet. Is it fair for me to pay $3500 for nothing in return? I think not! Stop judging. Try some consideration and kindness.
        Consideration and kindness from Westport parents? Hahahaha. You’ve lost your mind.

Comment

Savings: Refs, field rentals (if they don't own), coach travel, possible refunds from cancelled tournaments and showcases

Costs that don't go away: staff (majority of costs), overhead, upkeep (if they own fields), office rent

Comment

Savings: Refs, field rentals (if they don't own), coach travel, possible refunds from cancelled tournaments and showcases

Costs that don't go away: staff (majority of costs), overhead, upkeep (if they own fields), office rent
            Highest costs by far are indoor costs.

Comment

No necessarily capitalizing on it. Just trying to not go out of business. Some schools have tight finances and a major hit would cripple them. I’m just telling you what they’ll do. You can ignore it if you like.
              For as much as most private schools charge in the Northeast, it's still in them. As for public schools here in CT, they have a bottomless bankroll ..... And still charge a fortune. I would love to say it's on them too but I know at the end of the day, they won't miss a beat and taxes can go up forever to keep them afloat and pay exorbitant salaries of so many useless state workers.

Comment

Highest costs by far are indoor costs.
                Not if you built outdoor fields.

Comment

There are clubs still practicing hence coaches deserve their pay

Comment

Then you probably have a mortgage to pay. If you rent fields it's normally in a per use fee so no rentals = no cost. No games = no ref fees

Comment

1) irresponsible
                      2) gets clubs off the hook for not having to give money back. They just say "hey we had practice. Your choice not to come"

Comment

Then you probably have a mortgage to pay. If you rent fields it's normally in a per use fee so no rentals = no cost. No games = no ref fees
                        Most have contracts. Everything is tied together. If the school where a club rents demands payment, then that is money the club needs to pay out, which is less money to return. Referees and the like only get paid when they work so that’s definitely a savings. As are tournaments. I would think most clubs will continue to pay coaches. Too early to see how this will shake out. If I had to guess, sports start back up in May and go into July to make up missed time.

Comment

Most have contracts. Everything is tied together. If the school where a club rents demands payment, then that is money the club needs to pay out, which is less money to return. Referees and the like only get paid when they work so that’s definitely a savings. As are tournaments. I would think most clubs will continue to pay coaches. Too early to see how this will shake out. If I had to guess, sports start back up in May and go into July to make up missed time.
                          If you rent from a school or other facility yes. Town deals tend to be per use. Both towns, schools and facilities count on that income and don't have deep pockets to return money

Comment

especially without lights

Comment

Who is still practicing?

Comment

Who is still practicing?
                                Kids are practicing on their own, without coaches or organized teams

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X