Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refunds

So if soccer is on hold, do we all get refunds seeing the premier clubs dont have to pay for fields and coaches?

We don't know how long this may drag on so give a little time first. Coaches have contracts most times. Clubs could lay them off but still have to contribute to their unemployment. You want to try and keep good coaches if you can. Clubs can save $ on field use, refs, travel and possibly tournament refunds. Some clubs may be able to give some money back but others that were struggling already may not

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      So if soccer is on hold, do we all get refunds seeing the premier clubs dont have to pay for fields and coaches?
      Highly doubt it would be much bc I’m guessing most clubs have fixed costs that they will need to pay regardless. Maybe get some Ref fees, tournament entries and some field costs back, but fat and away the largest cost has to be coaches and they won’t get that back. One thing is sure. If they give any money back, expect it to be added on to next year’s cost with a big fat tuition hike.

Comment

Thanks CFC

Comment

At least CFC saved money by not having lights

Comment

But what if these clubs decide to "lay off" these coaches "till the season starts"....and maybe there is no spring season that's been paid for by many families.. then what? any lawyer want to chime in? Ive paid if full for ECNL that will probably not even happen. Do I call a lawyer? Switch clubs? The integrity of club owners is on the line....

Comment

But what if these clubs decide to "lay off" these coaches "till the season starts"....and maybe there is no spring season that's been paid for by many families.. then what? any lawyer want to chime in? Ive paid if full for ECNL that will probably not even happen. Do I call a lawyer? Switch clubs? The integrity of club owners is on the line....
              We’re talking about a lot of money here (especially at the big clubs). Are they in good conscience just going to keep it without batting an eye? I wouldn’t expect full refunds at all, but to simply keep full tuition will become very problematic I would imagine.

Comment

We’re talking about a lot of money here (especially at the big clubs). Are they in good conscience just going to keep it without batting an eye? I wouldn’t expect full refunds at all, but to simply keep full tuition will become very problematic I would imagine.
                Hopefully won't come to a lost season . But we have bigger problems right now to worry about. Would not be a good look by the clubs to keep 2000- 4000 on a season thats just beginning. Let alone what private attorneys and the States Attorney General would have to say about it. Lets hope it will all work out of now. And forking over deposit money now for next season. No-one in their right mind would do that until things shake out.

Comment

But when do things shake out? In 2 weeks? 6? Most schools are out for 2 weeks with many expecting more time off. ECNL games are off till April 30. Do we expect this league and practice at each club to continue into summer? If so Im good with that, but if no season for anyone, and I paid for it, the integrity of each and every club and how they handle $ is at stake. I know some clubs let coaches go, so no $ paid out there...no lights to turn on...ref fees, tourn fees etc...you name it..

Many of these clubs expect loyalty. And if you don't have loyalty, you have a bad attitude. Sending teams to tourn in San Diego, Jeff cup, Florida..wherever. Often times when payment is due, clubs don't even tell you what is expected. But now the rubber has met the road and the tides have changed. How will they handle this scenario? They have taken our $ but have no expenses now. Do they ignore us and think we will blindly send our kids to another tryout? I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the major clubs struggle and loose teams. Some of the coaches laid off now may not come back and rightfully so. Some teams may shift clubs... Time will tell how it all plays out...

Comment

What clubs aren’t paying their coaches ?

Comment

You people are unreal. Im not always happy with how CFC handles things but let’s not forget that these are small business owners. Every small business owner in the country is on pins and needles hoping they don’t have to lay off employees or close altogether. You sound like the typical Westport guy that wants to threaten legal action. Have some perspective here

Comment

But when do things shake out? In 2 weeks? 6? Most schools are out for 2 weeks with many expecting more time off. ECNL games are off till April 30. Do we expect this league and practice at each club to continue into summer? If so Im good with that, but if no season for anyone, and I paid for it, the integrity of each and every club and how they handle $ is at stake. I know some clubs let coaches go, so no $ paid out there...no lights to turn on...ref fees, tourn fees etc...you name it..

Many of these clubs expect loyalty. And if you don't have loyalty, you have a bad attitude. Sending teams to tourn in San Diego, Jeff cup, Florida..wherever. Often times when payment is due, clubs don't even tell you what is expected. But now the rubber has met the road and the tides have changed. How will they handle this scenario? They have taken our $ but have no expenses now. Do they ignore us and think we will blindly send our kids to another tryout? I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the major clubs struggle and loose teams. Some of the coaches laid off now may not come back and rightfully so. Some teams may shift clubs... Time will tell how it all plays out...
                        Clubs aren’t laying off coaches. And many of their expenses are fixed and probably already paid for. Not to mention, if you’re at a big club, you’ve already played 7 months out of 10 or 4 months out of 7, so of course no one should expect a full refund. My guess is that this will get sorted out soon enough. Even China is back up and running after 2.5 months. Worst case, they start up in May and go through mid-July or so.

If the worst case scenario happens, getting $600 back from a soccer club will be the least of our problems. Don’t forget that everything is tied together. Some business is forced to give refunds, then people get laid off, which then in turn hurts other businesses. Maybe yours. Look at the colleges for example. Should we get refunded room and board if our kid doesn’t live in the dorm for the last six weeks of the school year? Perhaps. But you know what will happen then. The school will jack up tuition, room and board in the fall to get their money back. Best thing for all involved is to let it play out and work to help each other out. Hourly workers especially.

Comment

Clubs aren’t laying off coaches. And many of their expenses are fixed and probably already paid for. Not to mention, if you’re at a big club, you’ve already played 7 months out of 10 or 4 months out of 7, so of course no one should expect a full refund. My guess is that this will get sorted out soon enough. Even China is back up and running after 2.5 months. Worst case, they start up in May and go through mid-July or so.

If the worst case scenario happens, getting $600 back from a soccer club will be the least of our problems. Don’t forget that everything is tied together. Some business is forced to give refunds, then people get laid off, which then in turn hurts other businesses. Maybe yours. Look at the colleges for example. Should we get refunded room and board if our kid doesn’t live in the dorm for the last six weeks of the school year? Perhaps. But you know what will happen then. The school will jack up tuition, room and board in the fall to get their money back. Best thing for all involved is to let it play out and work to help each other out. Hourly workers especially.
                          Right. Worried about my family and friends. Soccer is irrelevant right now.

Comment

I agree with most of your post. However, Colleges as well as soccer clubs or any other business should prorate. That’s common sense. No one should just keep other people’s money for no goods or services rendered, regardless of the situation.

Comment

I agree with most of your post. However, Colleges as well as soccer clubs or any other business should prorate. That’s common sense. No one should just keep other people’s money for no goods or services rendered, regardless of the situation.
                              We don't know how long this will last - a few weeks or will the whole season be scrapped? I think any club owner knows people will want some kind of compensation if the season is lost. Some just might not be able to swing it if they're low on cash and are also trying to pay staff. Assuming we stay for next year, knocking some off of next year's bill would be acceptable. That would take some of the immediate pressure off of them and spread out their pain

That said, with all that's going on this is the least of my concerns.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X