• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ivy League cancels basketball tourney

Here we go...

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Here we go...
    This is massive and will have major ripple effects, financial and otherwise. Major conferences will be next. NCAA tourney will not be anything like we know it. March Madness taking on a whole new meaning this year.

Comment

Harvard is also telling kids to move out by next week.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/educa...ge%2Fstory-ans

That I think is pulling the trigger way too early. A few dozen schools are doing remote learning for a week or two then re-assessing, especially in WA And CA where there are larger outbreaks. Think of the ripple effect that across the country if more follow suit - will local staff get paid when students aren't around? Local businesses will get clobbered. Do families get a refund on pre-paid meal plans they won't use?

Personally I think the playoffs should go ahead but in empty stadiums. yes it's weird but it helps protect tens of thousands of fans and stadium staff.

Comment

So who gets in from the Ivy League? Yale was the regular season champ, does that mean they are the automatic bid? I’d imagine Harvard and others take exception to that. The financial ramifications of something like this cannot be understated.

Comment

So who gets in from the Ivy League? Yale was the regular season champ, does that mean they are the automatic bid? I’d imagine Harvard and others take exception to that. The financial ramifications of something like this cannot be understated.
          if you don't play the conf tourney -then Yale is your rep

considering the schools make up the committee it seems they would have had their say before they cancelled

Comment

The Ivy League has just cancelled all spring athletic events. Season is over

Comment

Not for basketball dummy, only Spring sports. They’ll play in the Big Dance in front of no fans.

Comment

MA board said NESCAC cancelled spring also

Comment

NBA is temporarily shutting down. Tons of things are being cancelled

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X