Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    1. If you are the parent - that’s super sad.

2, if you are not the parent - that’s super creepy.

Those are your only two options.
    That would be bad if #1.

Comment

Harsh but correct.
      Why? Because I’m a big women’s soccer fan and curious how the projected backbone of our national team did at a usynt event? It’s so bizarre to me that you all are attaching so much meaning to this. That says more about you than about me.

Check out big soccer and their youth national team threads. Following careers of the stars of tomorrow is really mainstream. I guess not for Oregon or the folks on this board but it’s normal. It doesn’t have to be creepy. You all made it awkward.

Forget I asked. I’ll inquire other places. Thanks anyways.

Comment

Thanks dad!

Comment

Why? Because I’m a big women’s soccer fan and curious how the projected backbone of our national team did at a usynt event? It’s so bizarre to me that you all are attaching so much meaning to this. That says more about you than about me.

Check out big soccer and their youth national team threads. Following careers of the stars of tomorrow is really mainstream. I guess not for Oregon or the folks on this board but it’s normal. It doesn’t have to be creepy. You all made it awkward.

Forget I asked. I’ll inquire other places. Thanks anyways.
          Why? Because you’re a psycho soccer parent.

Comment

I’ll take super sad for $500.

Comment

Not the OP and I don't really care how Moultrie did at a camp. I would be interested in seeing how she does in games. But I'm not sure why all the hate on the original question. She went pro at 13 years old, has social media accounts that are public and open and very obviously designed to promote her "brand," freely gives interviews and promotes products (including herself as a product), and very obviously has made the decision to capitalize financially on her talent. That's her right and I don't begrudge her any of that. But no one gets to play the "she's just a child!" card when she's done all that. She can't have it both ways, and what's more, I don't think she wants to have it both ways. I think she, and her parents, enjoy the attention her unconventional path brings. I think they would like knowing that people want to know how she is faring against older players. Because, let's face it, if none of us cared, her decision to forgo college and go pro would be pretty stupid. The only reason to do it was to get paid while she's a hot commodity...and being a hot commodity means people want to see her succeed and in some (many?) cases see her fail. That's the "cost" of the path they chose, and I think they are very aware of that and okay with it. So again, I don't understand why all the hate over a simple question, even though it isn't a question I cared much about.

Comment

One of the very few good things about this place is that people can spot a fake post a mile a away.

Fact: Adults should never discuss a 13 year old girl on an anonymous chatroom. That is an ironclad fact.

Comment

One of the very few good things about this place is that people can spot a fake post a mile a away.

Fact: Adults should never discuss a 13 year old girl on an anonymous chatroom. That is an ironclad fact.
                  Tell that to the 100k plus followers her wide open and non private instagram page has collected. Tell that to her parents who allowed her to "go pro" at age 13 - professional athletes are fair game for fans to discuss and even (gasp) criticize. If an athlete doesn't like it they can choose another profession.

You don't get to dictate what people choose to discuss online (and this is not a chat room but whatever). You DO get to choose whether to participate. So save your holier than thou proclamations for someone who cares. The athlete, and her parents, have chosen an unconventional path knowing full well it would lead to increased scrutiny, attention, and at times criticism. They are well aware of the costs of the path they chose and they chose that path anyway, so they obviously feel like the good outweighs the bad.

One last thing - I see lots of posts on here complaining about female athletes being undervalued, underpaid, under appreciated, treated unfairly, etc.

I also see posts like yours on here stating that a younger professional female athlete is off limits when it comes to criticism.

Finally, I never - EVER - saw or heard any objections to criticism or derogatory comments about Freddy Adu or LeBron James when they were under 18 years old and playing professionally.

So it's as simple as this. If you want to be valued like the men and treated like the men, that comes with the good and the bad. If it was okay to criticize Freddy at a young age, Olivia is fair game too. You don't get to have it both ways, being a pro when it comes to getting paid but being a "child" when it comes to fans criticizing you. And you don't get to have it both ways, shouting and stomping your feet for equal pay and equal treatment except when it comes to being criticized. Take the good and the bad.

Comment

Truth!

Comment

The fact that someone has to point this out is sad.

Comment

Not the OP and I don't really care how Moultrie did at a camp. I would be interested in seeing how she does in games. But I'm not sure why all the hate on the original question. She went pro at 13 years old, has social media accounts that are public and open and very obviously designed to promote her "brand," freely gives interviews and promotes products (including herself as a product), and very obviously has made the decision to capitalize financially on her talent. That's her right and I don't begrudge her any of that. But no one gets to play the "she's just a child!" card when she's done all that. She can't have it both ways, and what's more, I don't think she wants to have it both ways. I think she, and her parents, enjoy the attention her unconventional path brings. I think they would like knowing that people want to know how she is faring against older players. Because, let's face it, if none of us cared, her decision to forgo college and go pro would be pretty stupid. The only reason to do it was to get paid while she's a hot commodity...and being a hot commodity means people want to see her succeed and in some (many?) cases see her fail. That's the "cost" of the path they chose, and I think they are very aware of that and okay with it. So again, I don't understand why all the hate over a simple question, even though it isn't a question I cared much about.
                        So why the great American novel if you don’t care that much? Save the time instead to film your kid and post to social media so she can be the next moultrie.

Comment

So why the great American novel if you don’t care that much? Save the time instead to film your kid and post to social media so she can be the next moultrie.
                          Hint: That is the OP.

In girls soccer, most people don't care about other kids. They care about their kid.

This poor kid hasn't been in the news or talked about much in a long time. Let's keep it that way.

Comment

Tell that to the 100k plus followers her wide open and non private instagram page has collected. Tell that to her parents who allowed her to "go pro" at age 13 - professional athletes are fair game for fans to discuss and even (gasp) criticize. If an athlete doesn't like it they can choose another profession.

You don't get to dictate what people choose to discuss online (and this is not a chat room but whatever). You DO get to choose whether to participate. So save your holier than thou proclamations for someone who cares. The athlete, and her parents, have chosen an unconventional path knowing full well it would lead to increased scrutiny, attention, and at times criticism. They are well aware of the costs of the path they chose and they chose that path anyway, so they obviously feel like the good outweighs the bad.

One last thing - I see lots of posts on here complaining about female athletes being undervalued, underpaid, under appreciated, treated unfairly, etc.

I also see posts like yours on here stating that a younger professional female athlete is off limits when it comes to criticism.

Finally, I never - EVER - saw or heard any objections to criticism or derogatory comments about Freddy Adu or LeBron James when they were under 18 years old and playing professionally.

So it's as simple as this. If you want to be valued like the men and treated like the men, that comes with the good and the bad. If it was okay to criticize Freddy at a young age, Olivia is fair game too. You don't get to have it both ways, being a pro when it comes to getting paid but being a "child" when it comes to fans criticizing you. And you don't get to have it both ways, shouting and stomping your feet for equal pay and equal treatment except when it comes to being criticized. Take the good and the bad.
                            Save the time you spent writing this dumb post to film your kid and post to social media so she can be the next moultrie.

Comment

Save the time you spent writing this dumb post to film your kid and post to social media so she can be the next moultrie.
                              You mean posting on here anonymously is not helpful? Who would've guessed?

The way these fake posts usually go is:

"how did ____ do at _____, and I am NOT the parent. just a fan."

"well I am not the parent either but I was there and ____ was amazing"

"gee thanks for the unbiased opinion. You are swell. Good thing neither of us is the parent"

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X