Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thorns DA Spring ID Session for 2020?

Last year, Thorns DA had an ID session in March. Does anyone know if there is an ID session planned for this month or prior to tryouts? Currently there is nothing mentioned on their site.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Last year, Thorns DA had an ID session in March. Does anyone know if there is an ID session planned for this month or prior to tryouts? Currently there is nothing mentioned on their site.
    I think last year they also had open enrollment for girls that got cut from high school teams. That might be an angle to work?

Comment

Thorns are too busy trying to hold their teams together after last weekend’s Utah debacle to even think about next year. The Oregon GDA experiment is dead, but some die hard parents won’t let it rest in piece, and thorns staff and coaches are happy to play Weekend at Bernie’s with the academy, as long as they get a paycheck for dragging that sorry carcass around and pretending it’s alive.

Comment

Thorns are too busy trying to hold their teams together after last weekend’s Utah debacle to even think about next year. The Oregon GDA experiment is dead, but some die hard parents won’t let it rest in piece, and thorns staff and coaches are happy to play Weekend at Bernie’s with the academy, as long as they get a paycheck for dragging that sorry carcass around and pretending it’s alive.
        Weekend at Bernies....LOL!!

Comment

LOLZ! Best description of Thorns I've seen yet.

Comment

Received this email yesterday in regards to my DD:

Good Morning!

Congratulations on your identification as one of the top players in the state! You have been identified at a recent game, training, or tournament. As the elite playing pathway for players in Oregon, we are interested in speaking with you about the upcoming Thorns Academy tryout. Prospective tryout dates will be in early April. More info about our program is available at www.portlandthornsacademy.org<http://www.portlandthornsacademy.org>. You can also check us out on Instagram @pdxthornsda.

If the Portland Thorns Academy might be the right fit for you, or you’d like more information, please contact us at: lschott@thornsfc.com

Have a great week! Go Thorns!

Laura Schott
            Portland Thorns Academy
            Academy Director

Comment

Good Morning!

Congratulations on your identification as one of the top players in the state! You have been identified at a recent game, training, or tournament. As the elite playing pathway for players in Oregon, we are interested in speaking with you about the upcoming Thorns Academy tryout. Prospective tryout dates will be in early April. More info about our program is available at www.portlandthornsacademy.org<http://www.portlandthornsacademy.org>. You can also check us out on Instagram @pdxthornsda.

If the Portland Thorns Academy might be the right fit for you, or you’d like more information, please contact us at: lschott@thornsfc.com

Laura Schott
              Portland Thorns Academy
              Academy Director

I got that email and I don’t even have a girl playing soccer anymore.

Comment

Out combing the high school JV rosters?

Comment

I got that email and I don’t even have a girl playing soccer anymore.
                  Maybe they bought a database from oysa.

Comment

Good Morning!

Laura Schott
                    Portland Thorns Academy
                    Academy Director
                    Sent to the top 1,000 players in Oregon.

Comment

Sent to the top 1,000 players in Oregon.
                      Yeah not sent to just the exclusive top 1% snowflake players. Please. There’s talent that deserves to be looked at not just because they come out of the donate to play clubs.

Comment

At least they’re trying! It is funny how it’s so generic though - just like the money making ID camp invites they send out to everyone. I really liked the theory behind the girls academy but at this point I’m not sure it can be saved. The best academy girls keep dropping out of the GDA as soon as they get committed and most never joined making it tough to keep going.

Comment

At least they’re trying! It is funny how it’s so generic though - just like the money making ID camp invites they send out to everyone. I really liked the theory behind the girls academy but at this point I’m not sure it can be saved. The best academy girls keep dropping out of the GDA as soon as they get committed and most never joined making it tough to keep going.
                          The best==snowflake!

Comment

I think last year they also had open enrollment for girls that got cut from high school teams. That might be an angle to work?
                            They should change their name to Thorns JV.

Comment

They did try, sometimes when you build it they still don’t come.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X