Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If a team posts a terrible record why is that coach back the next year? If girls can be shipped down why isn't the coach? You don't produce you don't stay. Very simple.
    CFC is a poorly run organization. There is no accountability -- if the team isn't performing, then the answer is to get new players, not change the coach.

Comment

Which clubs in CT are properly run and why, in your opinion?
      My experience is with CFC, so my comments are focused on them.

Comment

If a team posts a terrible record why is that coach back the next year? If girls can be shipped down why isn't the coach? You don't produce you don't stay. Very simple.
        It's good to be king!

Comment

My experience is with CFC, so my comments are focused on them.
          So your kid is with CFC and has only been with CFC, you believe the club is poorly run, yet you stay? Why?

Comment

People obviously say things on here all the time, reality is that most statements on here are speculation and opinion vs. fact.

BS ahead of OW in standings at 2 of the older age groups, granted the season is young.
            The FACTS are the U17 team was an embarrassment last year. Absolutely pathetic, An astronomical goals against total. Weak scoring. Little or no team chemistry. And going into this season it looks like more of the same. Whats changed? Same coach, almost all the same players. Same practices. And more bad play.

Comment

The boys side is worse

Comment

People obviously say things on here all the time, reality is that most statements on here are speculation and opinion vs. fact.

BS ahead of OW in standings at 2 of the older age groups, granted the season is young.
                BS, FSA and OW are all the top boys clubs.

CFC, Sporting, SSS, etc., are the next tier.

Ulittles at OW get beaten because for all the faults at OW they do try to develop. Everyone plays goalie and everyone plays all positions. They do not teach set plays at ulittle and focus on technical. So when OW plays FSA and the FSA goalie shows up in an orange uniform and plays both games he is solid and stops everything that isn't a great shot. OW tells a random player you are going in next. He may be the worst goalie on the team or the best. It is just his turn and oh no, there is a bunch of weak goals going in. This also happens with defenders, mids, attack etc. and it compounds. FSA and BS play their weaker members at attack and everyone plays their strongest position so no wonder OW gets beat at ulittle.

Personally, i would rather have my kid trained the OW way and have the kids lose at ulittle when it doesn't matter.

Comment

You hit it right on the head.

1) Coaches have become complacent.
                  2) They are tired, jaded and lazy....and they do not care about developing each and every player that is paying the hefty tuition.
                  3) CFC is not a coaching priority for most all of them, and it shows.
                  4) In their minds, you are F'in lucky to be on the team.
                  5) It is a business, and they view each kid as $$$$.
                  6) No true Director of Coaching, no style of play, no leadership.

It is simply a poorly run club.
                  sounds a lot like Oakwood.

Comment

So your kid is with CFC and has only been with CFC, you believe the club is poorly run, yet you stay? Why?
                    Looking at options for sure....but I am hoping CFC takes action with what seem like simple and obvious fixes.

Comment

Looking at options for sure....but I am hoping CFC takes action with what seem like simple and obvious fixes.
                      Either fall in line, or hit the road....we don't need any more bad apples at the club. We are ranked #61 in the nation by Yelp. So there.

Comment

This is a given. CFC on the girls side. Oakwood on the boys side
                        That’s funny. FSA ranked 41 of top 100 on boys side. Oakwood did not make top 100.
                        Just saying.

Independent 3rd party.

https://www.soccerwire.com/news/brea...february-2020/

Comment

Hit it right on head. Kids on ecnl 2 teams much better than kids on first team. 04's are a mess with zero talented kids that never leave the field. Really pathetic

Comment

Actually watching the girls play would be a good start. And not being afraid to make personal changes to teams where some girls obviously don't give a damn anymore would be another. Otherwise its going to be another embarrassing season. Get off your asses and coach and teach and earn your money. When you make a team it doesnt mean you have a lifetime appointment.
                            Which is it? Development or just bring in the best kids? Guess it depends on which side of the fence you are on. Good player wants good players with them. Weak player wants development and continuity.

Comment

The FACTS are the U17 team was an embarrassment last year. Absolutely pathetic, An astronomical goals against total. Weak scoring. Little or no team chemistry. And going into this season it looks like more of the same. Whats changed? Same coach, almost all the same players. Same practices. And more bad play.
                              No horse is this race, but I have seen this team play. The players are not good. The best coach in the world wouldn’t make a difference. How many of them are being recruited to college? That should tell you everything you need to know right there. Sometimes, the talent just isn’t there. Make the best of it or move on.

Comment

CFC is a poorly run organization. There is no accountability -- if the team isn't performing, then the answer is to get new players, not change the coach.
                                My experience has been different. Very organized. Schedule goes out months in advance. Coaches are solid and engaged and my daughter enjoys playing for them. Isn’t unusual to see 4-5 CFC coaches on the bench at most games. They seem to know most if not all the kids. They helped with college which is what I care most about. U18 seems to be a bit of a cluster****, but I suppose that’s the same at most programs. This has been on ECNL, so maybe NPL or ECNL 2 is different.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X