Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 3 > Florida

Notices

Florida Discussions about Florida soccer.

Old 02-23-2020
Unregistered

Default FYSA - FSPL Showcase ripoff

This weekend there were multiple games where there were NO AR or Linesmen. Parents had to step in and run the line. This of course added to the lack of quality of the games officiating
Old 02-23-2020
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This weekend there were multiple games where there were NO AR or Linesmen. Parents had to step in and run the line. This of course added to the lack of quality of the games officiating
FYSA is falling apart
Old 02-23-2020
Unregistered

Default Lack of refs

Quote:
It's been said for a long time, we are losing refs because of idiot parents and coaches. You're seeing it no. And seeing you are all knowing about the quality of officiating when are you signing up for a ref course? You can be part of the solution.
Old 02-23-2020
Unregistered

Quote:
It's been said for a long time, we are losing refs because of idiot parents and coaches. You're seeing it no. And seeing you are all knowing about the quality of officiating when are you signing up for a ref course? You can be part of the solution.
We were getting emails in orlando to come down and help out. Disney was short as well. Soon there will be shortages in the league games
Old 02-24-2020
Unregistered

Quote:
I think the original poster point is that parents working the lines can not be quality since the parents do not have a referee course certificate , its below par. As far as your comment of " idiot parents and coaches" it appears to me that I have seen many referees take the " almighty" attitude and " I am never wrong" approach
Old 02-24-2020
Unregistered

Default My point

Quote:
I think the original poster point is that parents working the lines can not be quality since the parents do not have a referee course certificate , its below par. As far as your comment of " idiot parents and coaches" it appears to me that I have seen many referees take the " almighty" attitude and " I am never wrong" approach
And you are part of the problem
Old 02-24-2020
Unregistered

With game having meaning of league winner on the line, FYSA should have pulled AR's from the meaningless game.
Old 02-24-2020
Unregistered

Quote:
Yeah, OK. Because each and every ref is of such high quality. I especially like Anthony, recently retired from Brooklyn, who saw an ad for ref training at his retirement rec center. Lifelong lover of the game that brings his expertise to the sidelines. He is way more qualified than parents that have played or even watched more than a single video of a game. SMFH.
Old 02-24-2020
Unregistered

Absolutely ridiculous and frankly embarrasing for there to be games with only 2 officials.

Worse even is having an AR that can't keep up with the players. We had a goal allowed against us because the AR could not physically run with the players to get to see if a player was offsides.

Still another game, must have been a u17 boys game being played behind us, the AR couldnt have been more than 12/13 years old.
Old 02-24-2020
Unregistered

How do you trust an organization that was forced to drop insurance on a hazing rape because they protected a club with several claims under same issue.