Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 3 > Florida

Notices

Florida Discussions about Florida soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-23-2020
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default FYSA - FSPL Showcase ripoff

This weekend there were multiple games where there were NO AR or Linesmen. Parents had to step in and run the line. This of course added to the lack of quality of the games officiating
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-23-2020
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This weekend there were multiple games where there were NO AR or Linesmen. Parents had to step in and run the line. This of course added to the lack of quality of the games officiating
FYSA is falling apart
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-23-2020
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Lack of refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This weekend there were multiple games where there were NO AR or Linesmen. Parents had to step in and run the line. This of course added to the lack of quality of the games officiating
It's been said for a long time, we are losing refs because of idiot parents and coaches. You're seeing it no. And seeing you are all knowing about the quality of officiating when are you signing up for a ref course? You can be part of the solution.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-23-2020
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It's been said for a long time, we are losing refs because of idiot parents and coaches. You're seeing it no. And seeing you are all knowing about the quality of officiating when are you signing up for a ref course? You can be part of the solution.
We were getting emails in orlando to come down and help out. Disney was short as well. Soon there will be shortages in the league games
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-24-2020
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It's been said for a long time, we are losing refs because of idiot parents and coaches. You're seeing it no. And seeing you are all knowing about the quality of officiating when are you signing up for a ref course? You can be part of the solution.
I think the original poster point is that parents working the lines can not be quality since the parents do not have a referee course certificate , its below par. As far as your comment of " idiot parents and coaches" it appears to me that I have seen many referees take the " almighty" attitude and " I am never wrong" approach
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-24-2020
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default My point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think the original poster point is that parents working the lines can not be quality since the parents do not have a referee course certificate , its below par. As far as your comment of " idiot parents and coaches" it appears to me that I have seen many referees take the " almighty" attitude and " I am never wrong" approach
And you are part of the problem
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-24-2020
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

With game having meaning of league winner on the line, FYSA should have pulled AR's from the meaningless game.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-24-2020
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It's been said for a long time, we are losing refs because of idiot parents and coaches. You're seeing it no. And seeing you are all knowing about the quality of officiating when are you signing up for a ref course? You can be part of the solution.
Yeah, OK. Because each and every ref is of such high quality. I especially like Anthony, recently retired from Brooklyn, who saw an ad for ref training at his retirement rec center. Lifelong lover of the game that brings his expertise to the sidelines. He is way more qualified than parents that have played or even watched more than a single video of a game. SMFH.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-24-2020
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Absolutely ridiculous and frankly embarrasing for there to be games with only 2 officials.

Worse even is having an AR that can't keep up with the players. We had a goal allowed against us because the AR could not physically run with the players to get to see if a player was offsides.

Still another game, must have been a u17 boys game being played behind us, the AR couldnt have been more than 12/13 years old.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-24-2020
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

How do you trust an organization that was forced to drop insurance on a hazing rape because they protected a club with several claims under same issue.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.