Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Nah, FSA ECNL U14s, U15s, U17s better than CFC. OW a distant third.
    Only a matter of time until this ^ guy chimed in

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2650585]FSA has become a mediocre puppy mill of soccer development on the girls' side, which is to say improved a bit since the SuckerPlus days but not ever going to go anywhere. Their future aspirations include improved parking. CFC do better, but that's because their coaches are just better connected, accents or no. However, in comparison to OW, who got stuck with an inferior GDA model, CFC and FSA are just expensive, low quality alternatives. Now, I get many of you fanbois will disagree with me, and that's fine. After it's all over, after your kid goes to college or trade school, gets that worthless partial athletic scholarship to the local community college, you will come back on TalkingSh!t and post that I am correct. You're welcome.[/QUOTE

But there are no lights at CFC outdoor fields ]

Comment

FSA has become a mediocre puppy mill of soccer development on the girls' side, which is to say improved a bit since the SuckerPlus days but not ever going to go anywhere. Their future aspirations include improved parking. CFC do better, but that's because their coaches are just better connected, accents or no. However, in comparison to OW, who got stuck with an inferior GDA model, CFC and FSA are just expensive, low quality alternatives. Now, I get many of you fanbois will disagree with me, and that's fine. After it's all over, after your kid goes to college or trade school, gets that worthless partial athletic scholarship to the local community college, you will come back on TalkingSh!t and post that I am correct. You're welcome.
        Hard to take anyone seriously who thinks OW is anything better than a Durham travel program.

Comment

FSA has become a mediocre puppy mill of soccer development on the girls' side, which is to say improved a bit since the SuckerPlus days but not ever going to go anywhere. Their future aspirations include improved parking. CFC do better, but that's because their coaches are just better connected, accents or no. However, in comparison to OW, who got stuck with an inferior GDA model, CFC and FSA are just expensive, low quality alternatives. Now, I get many of you fanbois will disagree with me, and that's fine. After it's all over, after your kid goes to college or trade school, gets that worthless partial athletic scholarship to the local community college, you will come back on TalkingSh!t and post that I am correct. You're welcome.
          Community colleges don’t give athletic scholarships.

Comment

FSA has become a puppy mill because of S+ and it's former coaches and the quality of soccer there on the girls side has gone down quite a bit since the merger ..... It's the coaches! A club that had a ton of kids try out the first two year that was at least 2 to 3 times the size of S+ alone and the results are just as dismal. S+ coaches would ruin Barcelona. Maybe the USMNT can hire them.

Comment

FSA has become a puppy mill because of S+ and it's former coaches and the quality of soccer there on the girls side has gone down quite a bit since the merger ..... It's the coaches! A club that had a ton of kids try out the first two year that was at least 2 to 3 times the size of S+ alone and the results are just as dismal. S+ coaches would ruin Barcelona. Maybe the USMNT can hire them.

FSA is filled with CFCs rejects and castoffs..

Comment

FSA is filled with CFCs rejects and castoffs..
                so is OW. Why wouldn't they be. CFC is biggest and people leave there and go somewhere else. What else is new?

Comment

CFC would be a lot better if the team actually played as a team. We definitely have a lot of talent, but there are too many girls that play for their own glory.

I was hoping it would change, but it hasn’t

Comment

CFC would be a lot better if the team actually played as a team. We definitely have a lot of talent, but there are too many girls that play for their own glory.

I was hoping it would change, but it hasn’t
                    The problem with CFC is that the club has no culture. It is a hodge-podge of coaches with no clear leadership at the top and no clear style of play. Year to year the players are subjected to new styles of play (some of which is contradictory to what was taught the prior year!). What you end up with is a hot mess - no spirit, no teamwork, and lack of competitiveness.

For such a large organization it is astonishing that these issues still plague the club. The lack of structure could be stemming from the fact that the club is "side income" for the college coaches who run the club and they do not have the time, or skills, or the caring to change things.

As the ECNL is a "closed system" and a college placement marketing machine - what is the incentive for change? The money is rolling in, so why bother?

Comment

The problem with CFC is that the club has no culture. It is a hodge-podge of coaches with no clear leadership at the top and no clear style of play. Year to year the players are subjected to new styles of play (some of which is contradictory to what was taught the prior year!). What you end up with is a hot mess - no spirit, no teamwork, and lack of competitiveness.

For such a large organization it is astonishing that these issues still plague the club. The lack of structure could be stemming from the fact that the club is "side income" for the college coaches who run the club and they do not have the time, or skills, or the caring to change things.

As the ECNL is a "closed system" and a college placement marketing machine - what is the incentive for change? The money is rolling in, so why bother?
                      The club owners have checked out. Between the D1 coaching jobs they have and management of the club, they do not have the time or energy to worry about the play on the field, development of players or assisting with players recruitment to others schools that are not their own. It has really gone down hill over the past 5 years

Comment

Business School Case Study: CFC suffers from a clear lack of vision and dedicated leadership - the organization has outgrown the capabilities of the current Part-time ownership group.

The owners are "winging it" and laughing all the way to the bank. Who are they accountable to? Certainly not the sheepish parents who are their customers. With a virtual monopoly via ECNL membership, what exactly is the incentive for change?

Comment

The club owners have checked out. Between the D1 coaching jobs they have and management of the club, they do not have the time or energy to worry about the play on the field, development of players or assisting with players recruitment to others schools that are not their own. It has really gone down hill over the past 5 years
                          Is MM (SHU women's coach) the head honcho at CFC? Who is the head of the snake?

Comment

With no BOD and no accountability, you have a leaderless runaway train to nowhere.

Comment

With no BOD and no accountability, you have a leaderless runaway train to nowhere.
                              CFC must not upset the handbag mafia. There are players on ecnl that obviously should be on ecnl2. And players on ecnl2 that should be on ecnl. But changes are few and far between. Don't want to upset certain folk even if it means last or near last place again.

Comment

CFC must not upset the handbag mafia. There are players on ecnl that obviously should be on ecnl2. And players on ecnl2 that should be on ecnl. But changes are few and far between. Don't want to upset certain folk even if it means last or near last place again.
                                Honestly with two kids having gone through this, I think you are off base with your comments.

Historically its been called ECNL and NPL. In my experience the superstar of the NPL is an even trade with the bottom few of the ECNL team. From that point it's subjective. If the star of NPL is CB and plays 90 minutes on the B team, why move to maybe get 5 minutes a half? I've seen plenty of kids get moved up and just can't cut. Game moves must faster and tends punish the kids that are technically weaker can't strike it well with both feet etc. Kids are the second team for a reason.

They get it right 95% of the time. Just not always in the eyes of the parents.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X