Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    CFC doesn’t have lights on their outdoor fields, that puts them with sporting category
    There are 19 Division 1 commitments from CFC this year. You should keep focusing on lights

Comment

I am 100% NOT a CFC fan. However, I have tremendous respect for them for their commitment to building a facility. It’s a monumental task. As a soccer fan they get full marks from me for getting this done and are up there with Oakwood and FSA. These clubs have fully vested and committed to their membership. This is what separates them from BD of SCP, MK of Beachside, and JS of Rush. If these guys or any other club build a facility then their status will rise in the soccer community. People making fun of parking at FSA or hot dogs at Oakwood are just bitter, jealous people.
      That logic is flawed. A facility does not make a club’s status rise. Likewise, because the above have a facility, it does not make them any superior to the rest. The “build it and they will come” mindset does not attract top tier talent. If anything, it attracts the less skilled player!

Exclusivity and not watering down a club with multiple sub group teams (blue, gray, white black, etc) or by geographic location separates clubs and players from the rest. When clubs continue to take the payment from families with a kid who couldn’t make the town travel team and is now “premier,” you undermine the quality of your entire program. Call it what it is!

Comment

They actually have two facilities, Stratford and Waterbury.
        So its all working out for them. Its all good.

Comment

That logic is flawed. A facility does not make a club’s status rise. Likewise, because the above have a facility, it does not make them any superior to the rest. The “build it and they will come” mindset does not attract top tier talent. If anything, it attracts the less skilled player!

Exclusivity and not watering down a club with multiple sub group teams (blue, gray, white black, etc) or by geographic location separates clubs and players from the rest. When clubs continue to take the payment from families with a kid who couldn’t make the town travel team and is now “premier,” you undermine the quality of your entire program. Call it what it is!
          “ The “build it and they will come” mindset does not attract top tier talent. If anything, it attracts the less skilled player!”

Interesting hypothesis.

Comment

So its all working out for them. Its all good.
            It’s better than good, it’s fantastic.

Comment

There are 19 Division 1 commitments from CFC this year. You should keep focusing on lights
              Hard to focus at night during practice when there are no lights

Comment

Come back to us next year skippy. Everyone knows this team was built from outside of CFC players

Comment

i disagree
                  i am a small club parent- have had 3 kids go thru small clubs some of which are still here some are gone-
                  big and small both have their good and bad points- but to not allow kids to play at whatever level seems short sighted - CFC is the HOME Depot of soccer clubs in this state- they will always be there but your kid may not get the attention they need whereas at a smaller club you will get the attention but maybe not the vast expanse of opportunity the big clubs can offer- both have their bad points as well

for the truly gifted player it doesnt matter- they will get noticed
                  for the poor player it doesnt matter as well -
                  the real issue is for the good player- but not at the club level- they will get seen at either club
                  its parents who think because you are good the ECNL patch will propel you to the promised land- the patch will get you seen for sure but are you good enough to be noticed against the gifted

play at your level and strive to move up and most of all enjoy the ride - i have loved the journey and will miss it when it ends

Comment

I am 100% NOT a CFC fan. However, I have tremendous respect for them for their commitment to building a facility. It’s a monumental task. As a soccer fan they get full marks from me for getting this done and are up there with Oakwood and FSA. These clubs have fully vested and committed to their membership. This is what separates them from BD of SCP, MK of Beachside, and JS of Rush. If these guys or any other club build a facility then their status will rise in the soccer community. People making fun of parking at FSA or hot dogs at Oakwood are just bitter, jealous people.
                    10-12 years ago BS was the Shizzle on the girls side- and they played on cow pastures
                    good teams and good organization at the club level is what makes a club great
                    lose sight of the small things and the big things come crashing down

Comment

Beachside has never been great on the girls side please!!!

Comment

There is nothing flawed about giving credit to the clubs who put there money where their mouth is. Like I said, not a fan of CFC but I respect them. They have a facility that is indoor and outdoor. They are fully committed to what they do. You’re going to focus on lights? FSA has the best facility in New England, you’re going to focus on parking? Oakwood have a quality facility to be proud of and we focus on parking lot and hot dogs? Jealous and bitter. Kudos to the clubs that aspire to this for the sake of the game. Until you build something, shut your mouth you are second tier.

Comment

10-12 years ago BS was the Shizzle on the girls side- and they played on cow pastures
                          good teams and good organization at the club level is what makes a club great
                          lose sight of the small things and the big things come crashing down
                          SCP is a cautionary tale for Beachside. Once proud club that has run aground. Beachside May be on same course. No more girls and boys are struggling.

Comment

Beachside and SCP merged on the boys side for BSC Beachside/South Central

Mickey really messed that up. The DA was not happy with both clubs and made them merge. Still no facility and little success.

Comment

Come back to us next year skippy. Everyone knows this team was built from outside of CFC players
                              Yet almost every player has been there since U12 or 13.

Comment

i disagree
                                i am a small club parent- have had 3 kids go thru small clubs some of which are still here some are gone-
                                big and small both have their good and bad points- but to not allow kids to play at whatever level seems short sighted - CFC is the HOME Depot of soccer clubs in this state- they will always be there but your kid may not get the attention they need whereas at a smaller club you will get the attention but maybe not the vast expanse of opportunity the big clubs can offer- both have their bad points as well

for the truly gifted player it doesnt matter- they will get noticed
                                for the poor player it doesnt matter as well -
                                the real issue is for the good player- but not at the club level- they will get seen at either club
                                its parents who think because you are good the ECNL patch will propel you to the promised land- the patch will get you seen for sure but are you good enough to be noticed against the gifted

play at your level and strive to move up and most of all enjoy the ride - i have loved the journey and will miss it when it ends

“The Home Depot” of soccer? I like that analogy- but more like McDonalds. They serve burgers, but no one who wants a quality burger would dare go there.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X