Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Agreed. I played keeper for many years and the last thing I'd say to my backline before first touch is "Remember boys: No shots"
    And how often did that work out for you?

Comment

Agreed. I played keeper for many years and the last thing I'd say to my backline before first touch is "Remember boys: No shots"
      How bout "Remember boys: keep it under 30 shots"

Comment

And how often did that work out for you?
        LOL not often enough....

Comment

not OP and don't know these teams, but if field players doing their jobs then GK should be very bored back there. Sounds like field players not getting it done on these teams
          I have a GK and let me put it this way - in ECNL she is often bored has few shots on her, unless it's a much better team. In HS she gets shelled. The difference is the former has players that know what they're doing.

Comment

Our keepers pretty much stank. OW doesn't train them, and the coaches did not have any kids who were keepers. Instead, we trained at panicking and kicking the ball sideways and backwards to anyone but the keeper. It was exciting stuff. Good times.

Comment

Our keepers pretty much stank. OW doesn't train them, and the coaches did not have any kids who were keepers. Instead, we trained at panicking and kicking the ball sideways and backwards to anyone but the keeper. It was exciting stuff. Good times.
              Don't you mean we trained at kicking back to the keeper every time we are trying to transition through the middle 3rd? No sense attacking, just kill the offensive momentum and kick it back to the keeper.

That is the way they do it on my kids OW team.

Comment

Don't you mean we trained at kicking back to the keeper every time we are trying to transition through the middle 3rd? No sense attacking, just kill the offensive momentum and kick it back to the keeper.

That is the way they do it on my kids OW team.
                1. Possess
                2. Play quick
                3. Play forward

In that order.

Comment

1. Possess
                  2. Play quick
                  3. Play forward

In that order.
                  I like that and will tell my kid. KISS!!

Comment

1. Possess
                    2. Play quick
                    3. Play forward

In that order.
                    OW:
                    1. Possess
                    2. Play sideways
                    3. Play Back
                    4. Repeat Steps 2 and 3 over and over again until turnover or goal by other team

Comment

Your kid must not play ECNL. There are no “brackets” at all at the FL showcase. There is a game schedule by age group, that’s it. Coaches aren’t choosing to go watch the higher brackets. They’re watching players.
                      You couldn't be more wrong.

ECNL matches top teams against top teams at every age. Bottom feeders play on another as well.

Comment

You couldn't be more wrong.

ECNL matches top teams against top teams at every age. Bottom feeders play on another as well.
                        Spot on. And, that's not a bad thing. You'd all be better off realizing not every team is the best, and while they may be in the "best" league, there are various levels. It does nobody any good to go to a showcase to get blown out...or to blow someone else. It doesn't help the team, the players, the scouts...nobody.

Comment

Spot on. And, that's not a bad thing. You'd all be better off realizing not every team is the best, and while they may be in the "best" league, there are various levels. It does nobody any good to go to a showcase to get blown out...or to blow someone else. It doesn't help the team, the players, the scouts...nobody.
                          ^ 100% this. You'll tick off a lot of check writing parents, and clubs, really quick if they think they're wasting their time and money in blow-out showcase games. It isn't good for recruiting either. Teams are matched up as best as organizers can for a reason.

Comment

^ 100% this. You'll tick off a lot of check writing parents, and clubs, really quick if they think they're wasting their time and money in blow-out showcase games. It isn't good for recruiting either. Teams are matched up as best as organizers can for a reason.
                            Well in that case, does CFC tell the ECNL that none of their U18 players are actually attending this event. Great opportunity for younger players to get exposure but they are going to be playing against Top 10 teams.

If the goal differential is less than 20 over the course of the weekend, I'd be shocked.

The oldest group is the club's flagship team and has played against every top team in the country. Tough to showcase when getting the ball across midfield is likely to be a challenge.

Comment

Well in that case, does CFC tell the ECNL that none of their U18 players are actually attending this event. Great opportunity for younger players to get exposure but they are going to be playing against Top 10 teams.

If the goal differential is less than 20 over the course of the weekend, I'd be shocked.

The oldest group is the club's flagship team and has played against every top team in the country. Tough to showcase when getting the ball across midfield is likely to be a challenge.
                              Chances are the other top teams are doing something similar.

Comment

Excuses already CFC Dad? FSA is sending their main players down there, so I'm sure the great CFC team will want their college coaches watching them to make sure they haven't gained the freshman 15 a little early. I'm sure their studs are going.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X