Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    They will have plenty of time for FCB. The Big East is seriously considering dropping mens and womens soccer for the next two years. If that happens those sports will never come back. The Patriot is in early talks about going the Ivy way and no longer offering any athletic scholarships. P5's discussing leaving the NCAA. Covid is being used as the excuse but it really just provided the opportunity.
    Well that’s not good. Would blow up the entire ECNL business plan - pathway to college soccer. Can’t be true!

Comment

You are high. No possible way will any of that happen. Patriot league would be better off going D3 if they cut scholarships Big East would be crazy dropping 2 sports they are competing very well in.
      It's all about the almighty $. The majority of the Big East's athletic programs are out of money. As long as the Patriot keeps their automatic bids and revenue from the NCAA tournaments they will never drop to D3. I am not the OP but it makes sense and if you don't think the P5's have issues with the NCAA you might be the one who is high.

Comment

You are high. No possible way will any of that happen. Patriot league would be better off going D3 if they cut scholarships Big East would be crazy dropping 2 sports they are competing very well in.
        Patriot league didn’t start offering full athletic scholarships until 2013 so they have a precedence from a time when full rides weren’t offered - may not be that far fetched that they revert back to no athletic scholarships. Allure of the patriot league has mostly been about the academic prestige anyway. Time will tell...

Comment

Patriot league didn’t start offering full athletic scholarships until 2013 so they have a precedence from a time when full rides weren’t offered - may not be that far fetched that they revert back to no athletic scholarships. Allure of the patriot league has mostly been about the academic prestige anyway. Time will tell...
          Time will tell and the countdown has started....

https://www.forbes.com/sites/karenwe...aa-mid-majors/

Comment

They will have plenty of time for FCB. The Big East is seriously considering dropping mens and womens soccer for the next two years. If that happens those sports will never come back. The Patriot is in early talks about going the Ivy way and no longer offering any athletic scholarships. P5's discussing leaving the NCAA. Covid is being used as the excuse but it really just provided the opportunity.
            None of this is true...at all.

Comment

Time will tell and the countdown has started....

https://www.forbes.com/sites/karenwe...aa-mid-majors/
              These are guys sports/teams. Football takes a lot of money to run.

Comment

If..this occurs and I say if because the organizations i am close to in these leagues are not thinking of changing divisions and/or dropping the sports, but if that happens, some teams will move to another league. However the original post seemed to be just trolling.

Comment

If..this occurs and I say if because the organizations i am close to in these leagues are not thinking of changing divisions and/or dropping the sports, but if that happens, some teams will move to another league. However the original post seemed to be just trolling.
                  If the Big East is dropping soccer, then why did Creighton just announce three new commitments on soccerwire?

Comment

If the Big East is dropping soccer, then why did Creighton just announce three new commitments on soccerwire?
                    One has nothing to do with the other. Programs/departments function until they get cut. Expect more men's programs to be gone. This is a great excuse for an AD to do something they have always wanted to do.

Comment

None of this is true...at all.
                      No, it is all true. But this is far more of an issue on the men's side right now.

Comment

These are guys sports/teams. Football takes a lot of money to run.
                        And lots of scholarships which must be balanced out against womens sports scholarships. To keep football a school has to keep several women's teams.

Comment

And lots of scholarships which must be balanced out against womens sports scholarships. To keep football a school has to keep several women's teams.
                          Not if the BCS programs leave the NCAA.

Comment

Not if the BCS programs leave the NCAA.
                            Will make them a semi pro league and lose the appeal for many. You also lose the Cinderella factor for great teams from year to year from smaller conferences. I wonder too what the NCAA would do for a schools other sports ..... Kicking bcs colleges out of NCAA for basketball and missing out on march madness, college WS for baseball and softball, swimming and diving ..... I hope you are wrong ..... Ruins the college element of college sports for me.

Comment

Will make them a semi pro league and lose the appeal for many. You also lose the Cinderella factor for great teams from year to year from smaller conferences. I wonder too what the NCAA would do for a schools other sports ..... Kicking bcs colleges out of NCAA for basketball and missing out on march madness, college WS for baseball and softball, swimming and diving ..... I hope you are wrong ..... Ruins the college element of college sports for me.
                              Cinderella factor in college football? That went away many years ago. Nobody is kicking BCS out, it's the BCS that are in total control. If they leave, the NCAA will be in trouble. The structure of college football is only set up for the power schools, that's it. The rest of the NCAA just follows.

Comment

FC Bucks 2006 ECNL Girls

Well that’s not good. Would blow up the entire ECNL business plan - pathway to college soccer. Can’t be true!
                                How many going to Ukies now that the are The Girls Academy??

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X