FC Bucks 2006 ECNL - Girls

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m going to share a dirty little secret with you. At the ECNL and DA level, most teams are formed before tryouts take place. It might not be fair or politically correct but it’s actually pretty commonplace. FC Bucks is by no means unique in that regard. I’ll bet that most clubs have done that at some point. Life’s never going to be fair. When your daughter grows up, she’s going to lose out on a job to someone who may not be more qualified but has better connections than her. It’s your job as her parent to set a good example on how to deal with setbacks when life isn’t fair. I’m teaching my kid resilience. What example have you set beyond complaining for the last 300 days about how unfair life is and that you’re unable to move past this?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I’m going to share a dirty little secret with you. At the ECNL and DA level, most teams are formed before tryouts take place. It might not be fair or politically correct but it’s actually pretty commonplace. FC Bucks is by no means unique in that regard. I’ll bet that most clubs have done that at some point. Life’s never going to be fair. When your daughter grows up, she’s going to lose out on a job to someone who may not be more qualified but has better connections than her. It’s your job as her parent to set a good example on how to deal with setbacks when life isn’t fair. I’m teaching my kid resilience. What example have you set beyond complaining for the last 300 days about how unfair life is and that you’re unable to move past this?
      Absolutely beautifully put. You couldn’t have hit the nail on the head any better.

To add to this...How long ago was u12? 2 years and these people still upset they were left off the ecnl team back then. I bet your daughters are over it. But a grown adult still isn’t. 2 years later. Sad. Still crying about some BRD bull and whining about the coaches that didn’t pick their kid. Act like adults and move on.

Comment

Omfg now we have parents on their high horse posting today that people are jealous??? AYFKM? This team is ranked close to bottom of the barrel in ECNL. Who cares what a hit soccer ranking is? Local ma and pa neighborhood teams are ranked higher. Y’all are a joke.

Comment

Amen. This should be shared everyday on here.
          So true.

Comment

when the coach gets fired and the dad can’t save her, her resilience will come in handy. you’re a good papa.

Comment

When Alex Morgan got cut at U13, did her parents go on TS and complain for a year about how their daughter wasn’t given a fair shot to make her team or did they move on and find another opportunity for her?

Comment

When Alex Morgan got cut at U13, did her parents go on TS and complain for a year about how their daughter wasn’t given a fair shot to make her team or did they move on and find another opportunity for her?
                True. These complaining parents would rather blame some make believe Brd or whatever they make up to make themselves feel better. 2 years have past and they still complain and haven’t moved on. That is sad no matter how you look at it.

Take a look at this thread tomorrow and next day and the next week/month....you will see the same whining and crying by these parents.

Comment

At least we are admitting it now

Comment

You don't pick entire teams from another team before u13 and stick with it forever. You can grab a few players early that are certain starters and later, you can pull in new players that will be too 5 starters without a tryout but that is it. Don't sugar coat this ... It stinks. It was overdone with far too many underdone players way too early ..... And now it appears that you are all stuck with it .... Enjoy ... Ain't karma a bitxh! No one wants to touch you with a 39.5 foot pole.

Comment

You don't pick entire teams from another team before u13 and stick with it forever. You can grab a few players early that are certain starters and later, you can pull in new players that will be too 5 starters without a tryout but that is it. Don't sugar coat this ... It stinks. It was overdone with far too many underdone players way too early ..... And now it appears that you are all stuck with it .... Enjoy ... Ain't karma a bitxh! No one wants to touch you with a 39.5 foot pole.
                      Truth the BRD is a big enough reason to stay away but to add to that you have:

A team that is coached by a dad that has zero qualifications to coach at the ECNL level.

A checked out head coach who threatens his players, provides zero feedback, routinely cancels, misses or is late for practices and games , and generally just didn’t give a sh**.

A team that practices 1.5 times a week and has no set practice schedule, and never gets full attendance at practices.

A team that is in a downward trajectory having a worse record this year than last, and is currently standing 12 out of 15 in the northeast conference of the ECNL..

Basically this team is ECNL in name only and is really just a good local travel team, it has come full circle picked like a rec team, coached like a rec a team, practices the same amount as a rec team - what it really has become is a rec team with a patch, which is befitting how it originated.

Let’s face this fact - the team ain’t real appealing.

Karma always wins.

Comment

A team that is coached by a dad that has zero qualifications to coach at the ECNL level.

A checked out head coach who threatens his players, provides zero feedback, routinely cancels, misses or is late for practices and games , and generally just didn’t give a sh**.

A team that practices 1.5 times a week and has no set practice schedule, and never gets full attendance at practices.

A team that is in a downward trajectory having a worse record this year than last, and is currently standing 12 out of 15 in the northeast conference of the ECNL..

Basically this team is ECNL in name only and is really just a good local travel team, it has come full circle picked like a rec team, coached like a rec a team, practices the same amount as a rec team - what it really has become is a rec team with a patch, which is befitting how it originated.

Karma always wins.
                        And there you are. The parent that still after 2 years can’t get over his kid not being picked for the ecnl teams. U12 was awhile ago. But here you are still 2 years later still complaining and still haven’t moved on. You are a sad sad man.

Comment

Reading all this, yes this is a very good team. You don’t just happen to get a great ranking by chance.

Well done.
                          Agreed. That’s an impressive ranking.

Comment

Agreed. That’s an impressive ranking.
                            Huh? You must be easily impressed.

12 out of 15 in the ECNL northeast conference impresses you. Wow. I want to see the world though your eyes.

Comment

Karma always wins.
                              What’s wrong with being a good local travel team??? You say that as if it’s an insult. Plenty of great local travel teams in the EPA/SJ that would whip this Bucks ECNL team. Stop insulting our club and focus on fixing yours.

Comment

Huh? You must be easily impressed.

12 out of 15 in the ECNL northeast conference impresses you. Wow. I want to see the world though your eyes.
                                Yes 94th nationally is great. Youthsoccerrankings is a great rankings site. Got soccer is junk.

Youthsoccerrankings takes into account ecnl and tourney games. so the 3 loses out of 8 games so far in the current ecnl season isn’t bad as their ranking is still solid in the 90s.

You still mad 2 years later huh?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X