X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

St Baldrick's 2020 Coaches United Against Cancer

Please consider donating, joining and/or attending our event:

I’m reaching out to for your support of my annual fundraising team Coaches United Against Cancer. This will be my 12th year participating as a shavee and event host at our annual St. Baldrick’s fundraising event to help fight Pediatric Cancer.

In 2009, I learned about the St. Baldrick’s Foundation, www.stbaldricks.org and reflected on how I’m fortunate have healthy children of my own and to coach so many healthy kids. St Baldrick’s participants shave their heads to raise awareness and show solidarity for kids suffering from this awful disease.

Coaches United Against Cancer has raised over $355,000 and we need to keep doing our part.

Please consider joining our team or creating your own. You can join as a shavee, volunteer or contribute the cause. Please see the following links to our event and my fundraising pages:

To Join or Donate:

https://www.stbaldricks.org/particip...e/1038829/2020

Our Event Information:

https://www.stbaldricks.org/dashboard/event/11018/2020

Why do we do this?

· More children are lost to cancer in the U.S. than any other disease—in fact, more than many other childhood diseases combined.

· Before they turn 20, about 1 in 285 children in the U.S. will have cancer.

· Worldwide, a child is diagnosed every 2 minutes.

Facts about the St Baldrick’s Foundation:

· Every grant funded by the St. Baldrick’s Foundation is for childhood cancer research.

· St. Baldrick’s donors and volunteers have enabled the foundation to fund over $282 million in grants, allowing the foundation to fund more in childhood cancer research grants than any organization except the U.S. government. Every grant goes through a rigorous scientific review process, ensuring every dollar has the greatest possible impact for children with cancer.

· St. Baldrick’s has provided grants with funds going directly to the Connecticut Children’s Medical Center and Yale New Haven Hospital

I will be hosting the event this year again and hoping for your support.

The event is

March 17th from 5:00-8:00 at Butchers and Bakers

270 Farmington Avenue, Farmington

Please watch the following as it is very powerful and frames why we do this every year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGOq...ature=youtu.be

Please consider joining our team or donating to the cause. I hope to see you on the 17th to join our celebration.

Thanks,

Jon

cohnsoccer@gmail.com

860-614-8445

Attachments area
    Preview YouTube video St. Baldrick's Foundation | The Childhood Cancer Ripple Effect
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
Working...
X