Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Until you can attract the best players from other states you will struggle. Especially when the best players from NJ often leave the state.
    At least the 3rd team was smart enough to quit unlike the 1st & 2nd teams

Comment

MFA Girls -

How Are You?

As we discussed at the information night in the summer, we are a club that relies heavily on volunteers for a lot of our logistics. Our staff all work in the day, so the help of these volunteers is vital for the smooth running of the club.

For the fall, we need a few volunteers to check the lights at Morris Catholic (once/twice per week) to make sure they are working and filled with gas. We have gas canisters on site that need to be refilled (once per week) and then the gas put into the lights (once per week). All expenses are reimbursed.

If you are willing/able to help, please let me know, ASAP. We need to start this today, as we are low on fuel for the sessions tonight as I was unable to get to them last night with the weather.

Thanks in advance,

Jordan & Dom
      Who in their right mind would put up with this crap? 4K on top for half season? What a joke.

Comment

Who in their right mind would put up with this crap? 4K on top for half season? What a joke.
        They just can hire someone part time? Instead they want to act like a town club and ask fir volunteers but charge 4 and 5x what a town club does

Mind boggling

Comment

They just can hire someone part time? Instead they want to act like a town club and ask fir volunteers but charge 4 and 5x what a town club does

Mind boggling
          But but MF is ECNL. Bllllaaaaaa. Wake up parents. Stop wasting your money. Plenty of better options for less money.

Comment

But but MF is ECNL. Bllllaaaaaa. Wake up parents. Stop wasting your money. Plenty of better options for less money.
            It is amazing the amount of crap people will put up with for the patch! The patch is truly blinding! I see it at my kids ECNL club and people truly will put up with anything bc of the patch. The patch has really become another status symbol, water cooler bragging, keeping up with the jones, tool.

Comment

It is amazing the amount of crap people will put up with for the patch! The patch is truly blinding! I see it at my kids ECNL club and people truly will put up with anything bc of the patch. The patch has really become another status symbol, water cooler bragging, keeping up with the jones, tool.
              Bottom line if you have a talented kid in the area you shouldn’t be at bottom feeding ECNL, DA or average NPL clubs. Go to STA or a couple of CSA Mon DA teams or if your a HS player with talent PDA or WC. If your daughter is good that’s it. Add training without the club and you are on the right path.

Now next level in talent stop with the badge chasing ECNL/DA and go to a good USYS or NPL with a better coach.

Comment

Bottom line if you have a talented kid in the area you shouldn’t be at bottom feeding ECNL, DA or average NPL clubs. Go to STA or a couple of CSA Mon DA teams or if your a HS player with talent PDA or WC. If your daughter is good that’s it. Add training without the club and you are on the right path.

Now next level in talent stop with the badge chasing ECNL/DA and go to a good USYS or NPL with a better coach.
                Agree 100%

Comment

Truth

Comment

The reputation is catching up now with the brand. With only 20% of players from MF going to decent D1 schools, families will need to re-evaluate if it’s the best path to college.

Please compare alumni lists on MF site from 4 years ago to this year. Remember that at U16 there are 60+ players for comparison.

Comment

Agree 100%
                      STA is a shocking option.

Say what you want about the generators and these embarrassing emails from JR and DB but they still have a much better track record of college placement than STA or CSA have ever had. And yes those emails are embarrassing and I am not an MF parent (one of the two other ECNL clubs) but they have good teams at some ages (03 and 05 and 07), so to label them with STA who are knew to any sort of elite level is misguided. They are one year in to the DA and making a complete mess of it. CSA also have no history in this. So yes take them to WC (in certain age groups) or PDA Blue but not STA or CSA.

Comment

STA is a shocking option.

Say what you want about the generators and these embarrassing emails from JR and DB but they still have a much better track record of college placement than STA or CSA have ever had. And yes those emails are embarrassing and I am not an MF parent (one of the two other ECNL clubs) but they have good teams at some ages (03 and 05 and 07), so to label them with STA who are knew to any sort of elite level is misguided. They are one year in to the DA and making a complete mess of it. CSA also have no history in this. So yes take them to WC (in certain age groups) or PDA Blue but not STA or CSA.
                        compare 2015 to 2020 alumni list and then post again on how great the track record is. please enlighten us. thats out of 60 girls at U16 to a handful?

http://www.matchfitacademy.net/girls-alumni

Comment

The reputation is catching up now with the brand. With only 20% of players from MF going to decent D1 schools, families will need to re-evaluate if it’s the best path to college.

Please compare alumni lists on MF site from 4 years ago to this year. Remember that at U16 there are 60+ players for comparison.
                          Agreed my kid not at MF but at another bottom dwelling ECNL club and their college commitments or lack there of the past two years have been shocking, also quite a drop off from four years ago. If the ECNL clubs continue to lack quality and results people will start looking at other options, there really is no value to ECNL if the club doesn’t have quality or even many D1 commits.

Comment

Mind boggling
                            Agreed. So the MF guys have regular jobs during the day (hehe). How much does Dom get paid again for this part-time job with MF? haha. That man is a genius. Wow. So instead of allocating small portions of their rather large salaries to someone to do apart time duties. They ask for for volunteers. You can't make this stuff up. Dom is the biggest con-man in the area. Love it. Suckers (parents) born every minute falling for the con.

Comment

Agreed my kid not at MF but at another bottom dwelling ECNL club and their college commitments or lack there of the past two years have been shocking, also quite a drop off from four years ago. If the ECNL clubs continue to lack quality and results people will start looking at other options, there really is no value to ECNL if the club doesn’t have quality or even many D1 commits.
                              Currently your chance of quitting soccer while playing for MF at U15-U16 is around 60%, while getting accepted to a decent school via MF is around 20%.

I don't know of a % of kids that join MF late (U15/U16) but I suspect that the number of kids getting to a D1 school when joining late are probably high.

Comment

Agreed. So the MF guys have regular jobs during the day (hehe). How much does Dom get paid again for this part-time job with MF? haha. That man is a genius. Wow. So instead of allocating small portions of their rather large salaries to someone to do apart time duties. They ask for for volunteers. You can't make this stuff up. Dom is the biggest con-man in the area. Love it. Suckers (parents) born every minute falling for the con.

Not to mention, Why the hell are they using portable generators for in the first place! Such a scam. For the money the club takes in they can't rent a real field with lights? What a joke

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X