Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW, no activity

I'm surprised there isn't more activity from this region. Soccer is big in these parts and no one has any input?????????????????

Forum

CT based soccer forum Soccerhead.com is currently the main forum in CT.
    It is run by Steve Coxon who is one of the founders of CFC club so the messages and slants are definitely pro CFC. For example you cannot post anything about tryouts from your club unless you pay to have it posted on the Tryout forum which is never looked at. The only club allowed to post anything about tryouts is CFC on the main forum --- NC (no class).

Comment

No class?

Infopop forums (that Soccerhead is hosted by) are NOT free forums and can run up rather large monthly bills if you have a lot of posts, pages, users and page views. Soccerhead.com has all these. Now Steve Coxon foots the bill for this service that he provides, so why should he allow rival clubs to advertise their tryouts on his dime? Imagine Sony allowing Microsoft to erect a huge banner advertising the XBox and place it on the side of a Sony corporate office? It just doesn't happen.
      YEs, Soccerhead has a CFC bias, but does not shut out any club from posting tryout dates, albeit for a fee.

Sound like you got a bad batch of grapes at the grocery store...

Comment

Could someone inform me on getting information about the different clubs in Ct? I can't seem to find the different clubs websites. CFC is not www.cfc.com. I am not aware of the different coacheing staffs and where the clubs are located in Ct.

Thanks

Comment

I think you can say it is more than a CFC bias. If you post anything that is remotely positive about other clubs you are immediately bashed. Yes he is running it as a business but its ridiculous how much bias and how many posts are reflected with how Great their club is --- and most of them are posted by the coaches themselves. That is what has no class -- you don't see clubs like PDA doing that on the NJ forums. They have done well but let the record speak for itself -- you don't need to pat yourselves on the back for every little thing you do. Obnoxious.

Comment

I think you can say it is more than a CFC bias. If you post anything that is remotely positive about other clubs you are immediately bashed. Yes he is running it as a business but its ridiculous how much bias and how many posts are reflected with how Great their club is --- and most of them are posted by the coaches themselves. That is what has no class -- you don't see clubs like PDA doing that on the NJ forums. They have done well but let the record speak for itself -- you don't need to pat yourselves on the back for every little thing you do. Obnoxious.

Comment

Name Brand

If it is strictly for CUFC then he should name it as such. Soccerhead is a generic name - not associated with a club so the same rules should apply to everyone. That is the point.

Comment

I am not affiliated with CFC but I am a regular visitor and post on SoccerHead.

Yes, SH is prone to have a CFC bias, but that comes as much from the CFC players and parents that frequent that board than the coaches or staff IMHO... :D

Parent - the best place to find links to clubs in CT is on the CJSA site...most are current and active. www.cjsa.org Click on "links" on the left margin in the blue field...

Comment

CJSA has one of the worse web sites for finding information, particularly if you are a newbie. Mass. has this a site where you can put in your zip code and find clubs within a certain radius of your home: http://games.maplesoccer.com/locator.cfm.

Comment

Re: WOW, no activity

Originally posted by Anonymous
                    I'm surprised there isn't more activity from this region. Soccer is big in these parts and no one has any input?????????????????
                    Why not make a post on that other board that this is free?
                    Light travels faster than sound; this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Comment

Been out of the loop for a while...

Are there any plans for CFC to make their own soccer facility? I'm envisioning a large parcel could support a few outdoor fields and maybe a clubhouse of some sort. Dream big.

Comment

Originally posted by ;18554
                        CT based soccer forum Soccerhead.com is currently the main forum in CT.
                        It is run by Steve Coxon who is one of the founders of CFC club so the messages and slants are definitely pro CFC. For example you cannot post anything about tryouts from your club unless you pay to have it posted on the Tryout forum which is never looked at. The only club allowed to post anything about tryouts is CFC on the main forum --- NC (no class).
                        this is funny stuff. what a doouche. Second to only RD at ow

Comment

My. Think of all that has happened since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                            My. Think of all that has happened since 2007.
                            The mind reels!

And then, some things are the same.

Is Soccerhead forum still a thing?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X