Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chickens coming home to roost?

I am hearing quite a few current BBA DA girls looking to drop back to NPL, which is their 2nd team, instead of moving over to ECNL at Stars or Scorps. Makes me think than many are just finally rejecting the cost and travel of those top teams/leagues in general. I’m sure in the short-term its no big deal, because those abandoned spots will be filled with a combo of their current NPL players looking to move up, plus some of the Stars DA players looking to remain in the DA program (and the money is staying in-house). However, I can’t help but feel that many families have reached their breaking point when it comes to the cost and sacrifices they are constantly being asked to make in the name of youth soccer development, and perhaps this next wave is to “self demote” to NPL to take back at least some of their sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
      I am hearing quite a few current BBA DA girls looking to drop back to NPL, which is their 2nd team, instead of moving over to ECNL at Stars or Scorps. Makes me think than many are just finally rejecting the cost and travel of those top teams/leagues in general. I’m sure in the short-term its no big deal, because those abandoned spots will be filled with a combo of their current NPL players looking to move up, plus some of the Stars DA players looking to remain in the DA program (and the money is staying in-house). However, I can’t help but feel that many families have reached their breaking point when it comes to the cost and sacrifices they are constantly being asked to make in the name of youth soccer development, and perhaps this next wave is to “self demote” to NPL to take back at least some of their sanity.
      Those kids get no playing time. No top player at Breakers is looking to play NPL.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Those kids get no playing time. No top player at Breakers is looking to play NPL.
        Incorrect. A few I’ve heard directly from are actually starters and play more than half the game. Yes, some of the others are reserves and unhappy with PT. There are those moving from both camps. This is also across multiple age groups.

Comment

#localizedcompetetivesoccer. Please! I am in.

Comment

Incorrect. A few I’ve heard directly from are actually starters and play more than half the game. Yes, some of the others are reserves and unhappy with PT. There are those moving from both camps. This is also across multiple age groups.
            I'll believe it when I see it. There are families who complain and will never give it up.

Comment

I'll believe it when I see it. There are families who complain and will never give it up.
              Yes, there are those for sure, but there are others who will definitely be choosing to bow out next year.

Comment

You got no responses with pros and cons and now you are seeking other route. Not all players from Stars are unhappy with DA since they don't play HS. They want to stay in DA. so.....

Comment

You got no responses with pros and cons and now you are seeking other route. Not all players from Stars are unhappy with DA since they don't play HS. They want to stay in DA. so.....
                  If they are good enough, they will wait to see what happens with other clubs.

Comment

Yup we are making the move back, and we are not alone.

Comment

NPL is sufficient for most kids....If your kid is a "top" recruit and plans to play high D1 outside of New England then by all means DA/ECNL is the place, but for the remainder NPL is sufficient. When you commit to play at Fairfield/Bryant/UMASS Lowell you could have received that same commitment playing NPL with a lot less cost.

Comment

NPL is sufficient for most kids....If your kid is a "top" recruit and plans to play high D1 outside of New England then by all means DA/ECNL is the place, but for the remainder NPL is sufficient. When you commit to play at Fairfield/Bryant/UMASS Lowell you could have received that same commitment playing NPL with a lot less cost.
                        I wish I learned this sooner.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X