Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    True. But in other places there are some academies accessible by public transportation.
    Where might that be? England, France, Germany?
    You see, over here, white rich folk don't want to mingle with the masses who use public transportation so they dont build it.
    And most academies are not built downtown where there is no land and what is available is expensive.
    Btw, are you 8 yrs old?

Comment

This perception of rich, unathletic white kids playing soccer is so played out.

Feel free to educate all of us on the way US Soccer can approve the process.
      Increase accessibility to ensure that the best teams consist of the best players, and not only the best players who can afford it.

Comment

I totally disagree and you're projecting. My son has put an inordinate amount of time into soccer over the last 6-7 years. That includes a great deal of time on his own.

Please. Like others haven't put in the time, especially those in Hispanic households

No one said anything about unathletic kids playing soccer. Sounds like you maybe projecting

Comment

I totally disagree and you're projecting. My son has put an inordinate amount of time into soccer over the last 6-7 years. That includes a great deal of time on his own.

If you believed in your son as much as you're pretending to, you wouldn't be afraid to open up the talent pool to all, not just those who can afford it. In truth, you like using $ as a barrier to entry so that your son's spot is secure. You know as well as I do that it wouldn't be so secure if the US was truly committed to finding the best talent.

Comment

Soccer is not a money maker in the US at any level
            Except for all of these paid 'professional' coaches and the profit-driven superclubs...

Comment

Is this a common thought across the soccer community?
              Common in the sense of simplistic and ignorant, yes.

Comment

Putting in the work doesn't make him the best. Sorry if you thought it did. He doesn't "deserve" that spot any more than a kid whose parents earn less but who also puts in the work and happens to be naturally better than your son.

I can see this truth is hurting you but it needs to be said: your kid isn't "the best". He's the best of the kids who have parents who can afford the opportunity. Still an accomplishment, but don't go fooling yourself into believing he's something better than he is.
                I'm pretty comfortable with my kids ability and so are his coaches.

He enjoys DA very much.

I never said my kid was the best, but he does deserve his spot.

Your jealousy in unbecoming, though it suits you.

Comment

I can think of a better one why they shouldn't .... who will pay for it all? Once again, the middle and upper classes somehow. Soccer is not a money maker in the US at any level. Even the MLS team mostly lose money every year. Sorry liberals, should we raise property taxes and toll fees on the mass pike so illegals can play free soccer to the tune of $10k per year each?
                  USSF has $100 million in the Bank. Sounds like they are making money

Your last sentence makes zero sense. Public money doesn't go to club soccer. No one said anything tabout illegals

Comment

Increase accessibility to ensure that the best teams consist of the best players, and not only the best players who can afford it.
                    And get rid of all mega-regional leagues that require extensive travel that many families can't afford.

Comment

If you believed in your son as much as you're pretending to, you wouldn't be afraid to open up the talent pool to all, not just those who can afford it. In truth, you like using $ as a barrier to entry so that your son's spot is secure. You know as well as I do that it wouldn't be so secure if the US was truly committed to finding the best talent.
                      I'm totally fine with opening it up. Have at it.

Comment

Premier soccer (ECNL and DA) are both capitalistic ventures. There is no altruism here, so stop pretending. Who says lower income kids have to participate in these expensive sports? My family is middle-class and no one is looking to help me with anything. If we can't afford something my kids want (including sports) then they don't get it. Why should anyone try to manufacture players or pros. If they want it, tell them to play a lot after school and get it so that some club can't do without. Are club scouts now supposed to scour greater boston parks and check last year's tax returns to find decent soccer players whose families earn less than $50k per year? Sorry, no one has the god-given right to play premier soccer. I don't remember the part of the Declaration of Independence that says:
                        "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, AND THE ABILITY TO PLAY YOUTH SPORTS EVEN IF THEY CAN'T AFFORD IT."
                        I have no strong objections to the point of this post makes...except that it completely mischaracterizes the mission of US Soccer (as it was referenced by saying "DA") in order to make it.

If you want to argue that US Soccer only cares about facilitating the commercial activities around soccer, that's fine. But if you want to get into the weeds of what US Soccer says its mission is and what its balance sheet looks like and assess how effective that organization is in dealing with the issue raised in this thread, then that's going to be a completely different conversation. USCS and its members can do what they do, but USSF is something else entirely.

Comment

I'm pretty comfortable with my kids ability and so are his coaches.

He enjoys DA very much.

I never said my kid was the best, but he does deserve his spot.

Your jealousy in unbecoming, though it suits you.

If he deserves that spot then let's open up the playing field to all and see him prove it!

I'm sure his coaches are happy. The talented kids can't afford to pay but you keep writing those checks!

Again, parents who can pay + time put in doesn't mean her deserves a spot more than a kid without those parents. You aren't getting it. You're terrified of opening up the opportunity and making him prove himself.

Comment

Someone please detail how US Soccer can find these hidden diamonds. Stop measuring your your dongs.

Comment

Perfect. US Soccer is doing an awesome job.

Comment

C'mon! Who is going to pay for this? Maybe we can build an express bus line from every hood to every academy team or expand the T to add these special lines. Its a sport. Not everyone gets to participate at every level. Every other sport can find these gems, why can't soccer .... here is why .... they do .... but not in this country .... they pluck them from shanties in sao paolo and the countryside of ghana ..... not from cohasset.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X