Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    In other words they're a club that certainly could afford to run GDA at a loss if they wanted to without badly hurting their bottom line. Yet they are choosing not to. Smaller clubs like say Oakwood, with few profitable teams to prop up DA or even a large player pool? Hwo are they going to sustain it in the long term?
    Explain to me why privately owned clubs should operate at a loss for USSF?

Comment

This is not a rumor...7 clubs leave DA. Stars, PDA, Michigan Hawks to name a few. Stars is citing multiple reasons for the departure. Among them GDA not living up to promises.The existing DA teams will realign into a 2nd ECNL team.
      Where did you get the news?

Comment

Explain to me why privately owned clubs should operate at a loss for USSF?
        Ah ha! See that's a big part of the problem. USSF wants clubs to have DA be free or at a much reduced fee. Not so easy for many clubs do do that nor should they. They are businesses after all. MLS clubs are mandated to do so. They spend millions per year training kids in the hopes of getting 1 pro player out of it every few years or so. They have to run camps and RDS in order to help cover their costs. They can't profit from player development like clubs can internationally so have much less incentive to develop individual players. The Revs DA sucks but there's a reason they don't care - they can't make money from it.

not the poster

Comment

Ah ha! See that's a big part of the problem. USSF wants clubs to have DA be free or at a much reduced fee. Not so easy for many clubs do do that nor should they. They are businesses after all. MLS clubs are mandated to do so. They spend millions per year training kids in the hopes of getting 1 pro player out of it every few years or so. They have to run camps and RDS in order to help cover their costs. They can't profit from player development like clubs can internationally so have much less incentive to develop individual players. The Revs DA sucks but there's a reason they don't care - they can't make money from it.

not the poster
          DC United is still not free

Comment

This is not a rumor...7 clubs leave DA. Stars, PDA, Michigan Hawks to name a few. Stars is citing multiple reasons for the departure. Among them GDA not living up to promises.The existing DA teams will realign into a 2nd ECNL team.
            Prove it.

Comment

DC United is still not free
              You kind of missed the point

Comment

and so what. no one outside of the area they pull from cares. If I look at the TDS player rankings they are not dominating the top slots. There are not more Hawks players at UNC or Duke or UCLA than other Clubs. Championships usually reflect many things . who do they compete with in season? probably no one. Gteed to make playoffs. have a big area to pull from . depth . none of it proves they do more with the players they get than anyone else as far as improving them or getting them into college. All it proves is they are able to win Club championships.
                Your post shows how little you know. PDA, Hawks, and Chicago Eclipse are probably the 3 best clubs anywhere.

Comment

Where did you get the news?
                  Ask any of the parents of any Stars DA team. We were told today. Contracts going out for ecnl teams over the next couple of days.

Comment

Prove it.
                    What’s to prove? Not a secret any longer. There’s a meeting at the stars facility at 6:15 if you would like to attend and hear for yourself.

Comment

So basically all the founding members and currant board members of $CNL are leaving DA
                      Shocker

Comment

What’s to prove? Not a secret any longer. There’s a meeting at the stars facility at 6:15 if you would like to attend and hear for yourself.
                        Uh huh. Like I said, prove it. Not a secret because you say it’s true?

Comment

Uh huh. Like I said, prove it. Not a secret because you say it’s true?
                          I agree that not everything on these boards can be believe, but what are you trying to prove? That this is all made up? The written proof that substantiates all this was Hawks now taken down post...there are screenshots of it on other boards.

It doesn't seem to be vaporware like many other troll threads. The clubs are now discussing it openly.

Comment

This not a rumor. I repeat, this is not a rumor. I’ll keep posting this everywhere until all the stupid sheep believe me.

Comment

I agree that not everything on these boards can be believe, but what are you trying to prove? That this is all made up? The written proof that substantiates all this was Hawks now taken down post...there are screenshots of it on other boards.

It doesn't seem to be vaporware like many other troll threads. The clubs are now discussing it openly.
                              Ok. Where is the post? Show the screenshot Sherlock.

Comment

Ok. Where is the post? Show the screenshot Sherlock.
                                http://www.socalsoccer.com/attachmen...0-29-png.2385/

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X