Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    subsidies from where? You are not getting that the money for all this come from the bottom up not the top down like everywhere else. Players finance their own development here.
    The clubs should subsidize the DA team, success at that level will bring in many more players aspiring to make that top team. A big club with hundreds if not thousands of players could easily subsidize the top 50 players on three teams.

Comment

The clubs should subsidize the DA team, success at that level will bring in many more players aspiring to make that top team. A big club with hundreds if not thousands of players could easily subsidize the top 50 players on three teams.
      ummm....that's what DA clubs are supposed to do, reduce their fees for DA teams. Other teams help fund that. It's also why it's harder for smaller clubs to manage DA.

Comment

ummm....that's what DA clubs are supposed to do, reduce their fees for DA teams. Other teams help fund that. It's also why it's harder for smaller clubs to manage DA.
        My D is going to tryouts then!

Comment

subsidies from where? You are not getting that the money for all this come from the bottom up not the top down like everywhere else. Players finance their own development here.
          Which, for the vast majority, has been such a succesful pathway to the top...lol
          And there would not be an entire website devoted to the failure of said development.

Comment

Which, for the vast majority, has been such a succesful pathway to the top...lol
            And there would not be an entire website devoted to the failure of said development.
            Failure by what measure? What value do you place on soccer talent here? For girls it can be used to maybe get some college scholarship money and maybe help gain access to some quality educational institutions.

Where is there any financial incentive here to merely find and train soccer talent?

Comment

Failure by what measure? What value do you place on soccer talent here? For girls it can be used to maybe get some college scholarship money and maybe help gain access to some quality educational institutions.

Where is there any financial incentive here to merely find and train soccer talent?
              There is always a handful for which the system works.
              But just a handful.

But let’s keep the dreams alive...

Comment

Some people can love soccer, want their kids to love soccer, and would love to use it as successful pathway for their kids to go to college, and yet not still give two squats about the direction of the US National teams. And yes, I know that first semi-obnoxious response will be “and that is precisely why the US National Teams are a mess.” ... and then my response could then be “So? Why do I care if the USNT are the best in the world or not.” Not saying that I actually feel that way, but I do understand very well that what my kid needs out of club soccer is a lot different than what USSF and NT players need, and while it may not be working well for them, it is working just fine for most families. The end games are completely different.

Comment

Some people can love soccer, want their kids to love soccer, and would love to use it as successful pathway for their kids to go to college, and yet not still give two squats about the direction of the US National teams. And yes, I know that first semi-obnoxious response will be “and that is precisely why the US National Teams are a mess.” ... and then my response could then be “So? Why do I care if the USNT are the best in the world or not.” Not saying that I actually feel that way, but I do understand very well that what my kid needs out of club soccer is a lot different than what USSF and NT players need, and while it may not be working well for them, it is working just fine for most families. The end games are completely different.
                  Agreed, and the choice to do year-round DA or ECNL is a good one.

Comment

My D is going to tryouts then!
                    Reduced fees won't save you that much. You're still on the hook for travel. Maybe save $1500. Not worth it if the league isn't a good fit or the coaching and competition is poor

Comment

Reduced fees won't save you that much. You're still on the hook for travel. Maybe save $1500. Not worth it if the league isn't a good fit or the coaching and competition is poor
                      It looks like the competition will be the same as this past year, but it will be good to be at a club that is all in for DA. It will be a good fit for my D.

Comment

Might be best and most authentic post of the year.

You are absolutely on the mark. The idea (pushed mainly by one particular person) that what we all do should be in the service of and/or some kind of reflection of the USWNT or MNT is bizarre on it face, just as is the suggestion that we should evaluate our own success, outcome or "talent" levels based on some bizarre comparison to that goal or standard.

Can you imagine how silly it would be for high school bball players to think that their reason for playing or for deciding about whether to continue playing has anything remotely to do with the future of the NBA or the standard of play in the NBA?

Anyway, I would never for a second have any bad feeling about my kid or take seriously anyone's poor comments because of anything having to do with the USWNT or MNT. Pure silliness.

Comment

Might be best and most authentic post of the year.

You are absolutely on the mark. The idea (pushed mainly by one particular person) that what we all do should be in the service of and/or some kind of reflection of the USWNT or MNT is bizarre on it face, just as is the suggestion that we should evaluate our own success, outcome or "talent" levels based on some bizarre comparison to that goal or standard.

Can you imagine how silly it would be for high school bball players to think that their reason for playing or for deciding about whether to continue playing has anything remotely to do with the future of the NBA or the standard of play in the NBA?

Anyway, I would never for a second have any bad feeling about my kid or take seriously anyone's poor comments because of anything having to do with the USWNT or MNT. Pure silliness.
                          This!

Comment

As fans we'd all love to see the US team do better, see MLS get better, see the sport be more popular. Yes we get frustrated with what they're doing. But also yes what is happening with the NT or MLS shouldn't have anything to do with my kids or 99.9999% of players. Things like the age mandate, failure of the MNT to qualify for international competition (ten years of BDA?) and now the mess with GDA is only destroying USSF's credibility. Why should they be involved with youth soccer at all?

Comment

As fans we'd all love to see the US team do better, see MLS get better, see the sport be more popular. Yes we get frustrated with what they're doing. But also yes what is happening with the NT or MLS shouldn't have anything to do with my kids or 99.9999% of players. Things like the age mandate, failure of the MNT to qualify for international competition (ten years of BDA?) and now the mess with GDA is only destroying USSF's credibility. Why should they be involved with youth soccer at all?
                              Stars pulling out of GDA does not make the entire national league a mess. It is better to only have teams that are full committed.

Comment

Stars pulling out of GDA does not make the entire national league a mess. It is better to only have teams that are full committed.
                                Of course. This was well known, even to USSF (after ten years of BDA this had to be readily apparent to them). But they chose to have a huge league that needed too many clubs and players that didn't qualify quality-wise or were fully committed to it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X