Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ussf

no one is bringing up the biggest question.

What does this mean for April Henrichs? i believe that a better more credible leader could have sold the GDA and made it a success.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

What does this mean for April Henrichs? i believe that a better more credible leader could have sold the GDA and made it a success.
    No, a better blueprint might have made it a success. When the underlying fundamentals are flawed who is running it doesn't matter so much.

Comment

No, a better blueprint might have made it a success. When the underlying fundamentals are flawed who is running it doesn't matter so much.
      Totally disagree. i think this whole thing comes down to a lack of respect and communication between the leadership of both camps. We arrived at this solution because of that.

Comment

Totally disagree. i think this whole thing comes down to a lack of respect and communication between the leadership of both camps. We arrived at this solution because of that.
        It all started from lies, deception and greed.

Comment

Communications has nothing to do with creating league that's too big, requiring too many clubs and players to make it function but that really have no place being in it.

Comment

when the clubs announcements kept rolling in you could see that clear as day.

Comment

Relax everyone. I'm sure the ex-Goldman guy running USSF knows exactly how to deal with this. I'm sure they saw it coming. They are playing 3-D chess.

Said no one, ever.

Comment

Welp probably nothing because old April is JEs best buddy. It will be spun in some sort of of no consequence mantra. The GDA will continue to be the best developmental path blah blah blah. The good old girls club will reign until and unless they fail in WC 2019

Comment

Communications has nothing to do with creating league that's too big, requiring too many clubs and players to make it function but that really have no place being in it.
                  \

Rubbish. you are stuck in how it is. If wiser heads who respected each other sat down with the goal of arriving at a plan that took into consideration the private Clubs desire for a reasonable return on their investment and the USSF/NTs desire to up the quality, a much better solution would have been reached.

Comment

\

Rubbish. you are stuck in how it is. If wiser heads who respected each other sat down with the goal of arriving at a plan that took into consideration the private Clubs desire for a reasonable return on their investment and the USSF/NTs desire to up the quality, a much better solution would have been reached.
                    I agree that this could have been avoided if Lavers and his ECNL cronies had one ounce of humility. Instead they puffed their chests out refused to compromise and in the end set about to undermine the credibility of the DA from within. DA meanwhile gets what it deserves. They laid down with dogs and woke up with fleas. ECNL now gets to say we saw it from the inside it does not work. This war is about to get worse and unless ussf wants to go nuclear and ban all kids from those clubs from NT eligibility i see this as a clear victory for ecnl in what had to be their plan all along.

Comment

I agree that this could have been avoided if Lavers and his ECNL cronies had one ounce of humility. Instead they puffed their chests out refused to compromise and in the end set about to undermine the credibility of the DA from within. DA meanwhile gets what it deserves. They laid down with dogs and woke up with fleas. ECNL now gets to say we saw it from the inside it does not work. This war is about to get worse and unless ussf wants to go nuclear and ban all kids from those clubs from NT eligibility i see this as a clear victory for ecnl in what had to be their plan all along.
                      1/4 blame on ECNL
                      3/4 USSF

Comment

1/4 blame on ECNL
                        3/4 USSF
                        so people sit here assigning fractions of blame instead of looking at the bigger picture. And maybe that just it, no one really cares enough to make this thing work better.

Parents get to pay to play
                        Clubs get to brag about all the commits they are "creating"
                        Colleges get to shop in a few concentrated showcases

the only loser is the quality of soccer we play and even that is relative becasue all anyone really cares about is winning. If the NT win the World Cup everything is great.

this is what happens without a real soccer culture.

Comment

WHAT?! That is NOT how it happened. NOT 2 months before ECNL Sanford in 2016, US SOCCER stated ENL was doing fine and no need to intervene. While at Sanford in 2016, USSF drops the bomb that they are starting girls academy. ECNL interested to see what they could do to help, thinking they could join forces. USSF basically told them to pound sand, we do not need you. Entirely USSF fault ..... for starting GDA and then its failure as well. Why should their girls programs be any different than their boys programs? THEY DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!!

Comment

so people sit here assigning fractions of blame instead of looking at the bigger picture. And maybe that just it, no one really cares enough to make this thing work better.

Parents get to pay to play
                            Clubs get to brag about all the commits they are "creating"
                            Colleges get to shop in a few concentrated showcases

the only loser is the quality of soccer we play and even that is relative becasue all anyone really cares about is winning. If the NT win the World Cup everything is great.

this is what happens without a real soccer culture.
                            If you build it, they will come. Find a free model of ultra-competitive teams, and people will come out of the woodwork. GDA and ECNL both only interested in power and $ and have no pride. The one that figures out how to make an ultra-competitive league will make a ton of money as well, likely from sponsors. Getting kids addicted to your products at early ages means you have built a customer for life.

Comment

WHAT?! That is NOT how it happened. NOT 2 months before ECNL Sanford in 2016, US SOCCER stated ENL was doing fine and no need to intervene. While at Sanford in 2016, USSF drops the bomb that they are starting girls academy. ECNL interested to see what they could do to help, thinking they could join forces. USSF basically told them to pound sand, we do not need you. Entirely USSF fault ..... for starting GDA and then its failure as well. Why should their girls programs be any different than their boys programs? THEY DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!!
                              Lavers went into the meeting with a we hold the cards mentality. Didn't want to focus on coaching qualifications or scholarship or anything that affected his bottom line. He felt that his league already was in effect a feeding ground for NT players so he shouldn't have to be subservient to those who all but ignored womans soccer while focusing on the money pit of men's soccer. The problem was that the ecnl was all about exclusivity and not inclusivity. They protected their fiefdom and their profits. Ussf deserves all the criticism imo for trying to reinvent the wheel and opening their doors to teams that had no chance of competing or attracting the type of player they were looking for. To think that ecnl was caught off guard is naive. Many of their coaches have direct lines to ussf hierarchy and were well aware of the concerns ussf harbored. Plenty of blame to go around but let's not claim ecnl didn't partly bring this on themselves.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X