Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weston gda tryouts

does anyone know how the weston gda tryouts went?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    does anyone know how the weston gda tryouts went?
    same girls ... nothing new, the u15 team is really good, all the others are meh

Comment

Current u15 or incoming u15?

Comment

Current u15 or incoming u15?
        Current ,03s are a good team with very good players , 04s have 3-4 good players at that age, it makes a huge difference

Comment

I heard several from the team are bailing for Prime. Chasing TT.

Comment

I heard several from the team are bailing for Prime. Chasing TT.
            I heard most of the good girls aka starters are staying put....

Comment

Pretty pathetic.

No ID for girls ( like tryout # ).
              No names taken down
              Coaches did not speak to many of the girls.
              They kicked the ball and scrimmaged.

Way to show your a TOP Level DA program Weston!
              Many girls will leave and opt to play High School

Comment

Pretty pathetic.

No names taken down

They just don't understand how to be a class organization with all the money they make. Just because of their proximity they feel they can behave in an unprofessional manner. Bottom line is that before there were no other options. Now there is an option and I am not referring to Sunrise, as they are busted club that no one wants to be apart of.

Comment

Pretty pathetic.

No names taken down

I did not think GDA was supposed to have tryouts, just identification. Don’t you think that the
                  staff knows most of the local players already and a new player, who is talented, would likely have an evaluation at one of their games with their current team? I suspect the “tryouts” were to satisfy those vocal parents who believe their child should be the next superstar! In as much as a female soccer player is a superstar in our society.

Comment

I did not think GDA was supposed to have tryouts, just identification. Don’t you think that the
                    staff knows most of the local players already and a new player, who is talented, would likely have an evaluation at one of their games with their current team? I suspect the “tryouts” were to satisfy those vocal parents who believe their child should be the next superstar! In as much as a female soccer player is a superstar in our society.
                    With no elite players showing up for the ID clinic that should tell you Weston DA is in trouble. You believe that the weston staff have been out scouting players from sunrise and pinecrest and they have committed to play DA next year.

Comment

Assuming a coach only has 1 team at 4 practices per week, plus weekend games/travel, when is all of this "scouting" supposed to happen?

Comment

Assuming a coach only has 1 team at 4 practices per week, plus weekend games/travel, when is all of this "scouting" supposed to happen?
                        No show at the ID clinic, No high school soccer and No scouting.
                        Weston DA is on life support !

Comment

Our teams are pretty stacked to begin with , most of the core was already offered spots and signed up for another year . Most clubs do this in April . Talent level is limited in south Florida so the quality girls are already known by most coaches so tryouts are pretty useless , every blue moon u will get a diamond in the rough , most of the time you won’t

Comment

But they have Rick Case Honda!!!!

Comment

Tough to scout a player when the coach only speaks Spanglish.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X