• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ‘Kyle Gero, who has been an integral part of the Club since it’s infancy,
    has accepted a role with a new indoor facility in Jupiter.’

Can someone please explain this?

What ‘indoor facility’ is this?

Kyle will not be with a club next year, just an ‘indoor facility’?
    Don’t buy it.
    It is well know KG was fed up with AG and AH antics, his departure very much expected.

Comment

It is well know KG was fed up with AG and AH antics, his departure very much expected.
      Yes, true, but what is the ‘new indoor facility in Jupiter’?

Comment

Don’t go looking for answers

Don’t go looking for answers from PBG cause the best you’ll get are a bunch of half-truths, just sayin

Comment

Sad but true. The state of youth soccer has become so political and about whose a** you kiss.
          If your son is on the white team without any agreements, I would look around to see what else is out there. Think one of the biggest problems is complacent parents. We are paying after all. It’s ok to expect more!
          Agree that it is ok the expect more!
          Sorry to say that with the numbers and resources PBG has, the on-field product should be better, much better. Boys hardly fielding D1 teams. College scholarships/ acceptances
          on the boys side, are there any? Complacency has become the norm at this club.
          Trying to preserve what they have instead of pushing to excel.
          If the social aspect is the most important part of the experience, still a good place to be at.
          Being all things to all people, yet this is ‘competitive’ soccer, no?

Comment

This is what the parents wants. A place to drop off kids. And play silly tournament in low bracket so take picture with trophy and smiles. This is what the predator give cause this is what the parents wants. Simple

Comment

This is what the parents wants. A place to drop off kids. And play silly tournament in low bracket so take picture with trophy and smiles. This is what the predator give cause this is what the parents wants. Simple
              Did you read your post OUT LOUD before you submitted it? smh.

Comment

Did you read your post OUT LOUD before you submitted it? smh.
                This not english class. That my third language who many you know?
                Futbol my first love. I not say anything bad just the predator give what the parents wants.

Comment

Many side threads on this club so wanted to start a new, hopefully unbiased thread.

This is the only club we’ve known but are considering at least taking off the blinders this tryout
                  season. Son is of the age where he is now serious about the game and has dropped other sports to specialize.

We are blessed to have had numerous great trainers with this club who are very committed to
                  the players. This in our perspective is the most important part of the puzzle.

However, in recent years, there was been more discord and along with it inconsistency on the field. My son plays White and deservedly so, but placement onto our team has been
                  head-scratching to say the least. Team placement seems more a negotiation between
                  parent and DOC rather than objective. But where does that leave the dedicated players who truly want to compete and excel based on merit when they have to prop up the others who would be better off playing in a division down if not for parents ensuring their placement.

I tell myself it is the same at all big clubs. But I am starting to wonder.

I will continue to give the club the benefit of the doubt as my son has developed nicely.

That was a pretty defensive, long-winded email the club just sent out, if their intent was to assure people, not sure if that communication accomplished that.
                  Agree with OP’s post, this has become a club for the parents, not a club for the players.
                  Kind of twisted if you stop and think about it

Comment

Many side threads on this club so wanted to start a new, hopefully unbiased thread.

This is the only club we’ve known but are considering at least taking off the blinders this tryout
                    season. Son is of the age where he is now serious about the game and has dropped other sports to specialize.

We are blessed to have had numerous great trainers with this club who are very committed to

However, in recent years, there was been more discord and along with it inconsistency on the field. My son plays White and deservedly so, but placement onto our team has been
                    head-scratching to say the least. Team placement seems more a negotiation between
                    parent and DOC rather than objective. But where does that leave the dedicated players who truly want to compete and excel based on merit when they have to prop up the others who would be better off playing in a division down if not for parents ensuring their placement.

I will continue to give the club the benefit of the doubt as my son has developed nicely.

That was a pretty defensive, long-winded email the club just sent out, if their intent was to assure people, not sure if that communication accomplished that.
                    If you’re no longer happy, move on.

We’ve got plenty of players who will step right in, you won’t be missed.
                    PBG has strength in our numbers.

Besides, where else you gonna go?

Comment

what if ALIENS from OUTER SPACE drop lines with smoking HOOK, BAIT$hop SINKERumps?!

what if RASH of RUSHends OWLS smoking with WATER FOWLinks $LUMBERaids TOWN$hip?!

what if any HINDU godRAINS smoking SHRINE to BIGash SHRINK TAPEworm SILK & SATIN?!

what if favourite PERSIAN or ORIENTAL CARpets are smoking dRUGames READING$how?!

what if SLOW PARENTS think CAMELS & GOATS smoke in FIELD & PASTURE of GRAIN SILO?!

Comment

If you’re no longer happy, move on.

We’ve got plenty of players who will step right in, you won’t be missed.
                        PBG has strength in our numbers.

Besides, where else you gonna go?

That is the important question? Where else are parents going to go? I wish FYSA could pay attention to how this program is a very poor example of a club that has managed to rise to the top in numbers and the bottom in ability. Sadly but true, they have a successful program to take from with the city rec. program, and that is why they do not care if people leave. And as for the programs around they have not survived the last few years of the rise of those with criminal backgrounds, the enormous expansion of the travel program at PBG, the gobbling of FCF, the fall of Jupiter, the limited pickings at PBSA. Where do parents have left to go. They have to drive to places like Wellington or Boca. You can't get anything decent for miles. It is mind boggling that FYSA does not care what so ever about the criminal records of coaches, DOC's or any other entity that has a close association with our developing soccer youth. What exactly is the background check good for if you will allow these people to engage in these sort of careers while having violent backgrounds. And for the person that keeps on requesting a link, possibly they had it taken down. Lets just hope one day one of those individuals with a shady past doesn't act out because the law suit to fall on FYSA would not go down well at all. Schools do not have teachers with criminal backgrounds, youth sports should follow suit.

The club gains success by taking advantage of its mere size and continuously pumping in new players from the rec program that have no business playing competitive. You get parents to enjoy the tournaments, take pictures of their kids with trophies, and everyone is happy. This is not a club that has a reputation for developing elite athletes. It has a reputation of having teams. Of being large. Of offering options. And that entices parents.

A select few decent coaches do exists among the staff at PBG so at no fault of their own is it if they can't get their picked "white" team to actually play in a gold bracket and take a winning trophy. These coaches have to work with what they have been provided with. These coaches should figure out that if they want to be part of developing elite athletes, they need to go elsewhere. Their DOC doesn't have a curriculum in place to develop little soccer soldiers. You can not run a successful program when the DOC is given free reign to collect a portion of every players. His incentive is to recruit and build. That turns into dollars and that is all he is good for. Bringing numbers to the city and filling his pockets.

Bottom line is that the PBG Predators may never fall, but don't count on this club taking your kid anywhere. It might be good one year and not the next. Find a team with a coach that offers stability, a plan for progression, mentoring, and ask how is their DOC paid. I believe that a Bonus system in place for coaches and DOC that develop top teams would surely improve programs instead of being paid on mere numbers registered.

Comment

SERIOUSLY.

That email made a whole lot of no sense. What exactly was their point. And yes, if you are lucky enough to have your kid on a "white" team that is actually a top team and not just called "white", then good for you. But, you got to admit that you are just enjoying things because they are ok with your kid until they are not. Truth is the club cares about quantity not quality. So eventually this will not go well for you. If your kid is as good as you say he is, look for a coach and a club that will help develop your son and hopefully take him to another level together with his team. Predators unfortunately has lost almost every decent coach they ever had. Who is left. Not even a handful of reputable coaches. You have a few of the PBA coaches the U14 NAVY/U10 WHITE, the U13 WHITE / U17 WHITE, and the the U9 & 1999/2000 coach. Then you are posed with the problem that the team your kid is in probably doesn't have a solid full white roster. That is one of the problems at PBG Predators. They pull from rec, make hand shake deals with parents and don't stick to making sure that kids are where they belong with who they belong. Move on brother.

Comment

PBG has a system where the ‘Director of Competitive Soccer’
                            has a large influence in the team selection / composition.
                            This is absurd as this individual has not seen or trained with the players he is placing,
                            holds no licenses and is not qualified to identify talent.
                            His influence on team placement is greater than that of the trainers.

The trainers realize this yet they have no leverage in the matter, they work with what is given to them.

This environment will never foster true top-tier development.
                            Players develop at different paces. Players must stay hungry and should know
                            if they don’t perform / stay committed there are others who will take their place.

That’s what we have on our team, players who should not be there in the first place,
                            no sense of urgency to close the gap, only the comfort of being on a ‘good’ team.
                            Believe me, the team ain’t all that good.

Comment

‘Kyle Gero, who has been an integral part of the Club since it’s infancy,
                              has accepted a role with a new indoor facility in Jupiter.’

Can someone please explain this?

What ‘indoor facility’ is this?

Kyle will not be with a club next year, just an ‘indoor facility’?
                              Don’t buy it.
                              Any update on Coach Kyle and the Jupiter facility?

Comment

PBG Rigorous Talent Evaluation & Progress Monitoring

At PBG, every player will have to demonstrate and maintain the following 3 standards to be placed on a team with our club. The commitment required to join our club is second to none.

Furthermore, player development is meticulously tracked throughout the season by our professional trainers and evaluators using cutting edge Zoom report technology.

TALENT & SOCCER INTELLIGENCE

Talent with and without the ball. A player must represent individual skill with foot-skills and development to improve. Talent is only a small factor to the success of an individual player and players must show hard-work, energy and effort to gain PBG placement. All players must possess an intelligence to the game and interest to listen and learn.

ATTENDANCE, RESPONSIBILITY & COMMITMENT

The player and family is committing to the long-term success of the player for the whole year. This commitment represents both player and parent with full-time attendance to all training sessions, games and travel. With commitment, you will see a significant growth in the players ability.

ATTITUDE & COACHABLE PLAYERS

Players must allow for our professional coaches to work with them, within a team and individual setting, to help the player improve for the long-term success of the team. The player and parent need to understand that to be coachable allows the success of a player and willingness to learn, change, adapt and grow in multiple roles on and off the field. Players must show respect to the club, to the coach and to fellow team mates in order to succeed.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X