Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing club soccer is biggest scam yet !!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing club soccer is biggest scam yet !!!!!!

Having been through the process with my older child I know how much of a money scam premier soccer is. 99% of kids playing premier won’t get a scholarship, 99% won’t play college soccer. People paying a fortune on premier soccer can do a lot better things with the money like family vacations and so on. My second child with play travel now as having soccer skills will get you nothing. People I’m telling you put that money to good use. Say your kid plays 6 yrs premier x $1800 a yr= $10,800 for 6yrs. It’s actually more than that if you add in travel, hotels ,meals, uniforms & equipment. Parents with the money spent on premier you could be putting it away for your kids college instead. Travel will still give the exercise they need plus you could put them in multi sports now since travel won’t be much out of pocket

I feel ya, brother!

Dead 09 Worcester. Split a 10 strip with a friend. Getting close to show time, I'm convinced we got bunk'd, so we buy more L from the person tailgating next to us. Split another 10 strip, grab a couple hot dogs from a vendor, and head toward the venue. I'm tripping balls in line, so I know I was wrong about the bunk drugs. I'm sure it will be fine though.

Show starts, can't recall the setlist, but when they start playing GDTRFB I'm dancing and sweating and suddenly puking. I look at my friend and ask if I'm throwing up. He confirms, so I run down the stairs puking the whole way. I can't find the bathroom so I run out of an exit door. An usher or someone tells me I won't be able to get back in, but I don't care and proceed to rid myself of all of the beers and hot dogs from earlier.

Feeling good but puke-covered, I decide to head back in. Door is locked. Usher/security guy tells me I'm an idiot and he won't let me back in. I walk back to the front gate, where my ticket won't scan (obviously). I explain to the ticket checker that someone threw up on me, and I freaked out and ran out of the venue. Feeling bad for me, he lets me back in.

Flash forward, and now I'm on the floor for set 1 closer. No idea how I got there, but the set ends and I call my friends. They are in the last row behind the stage because they had to get out of our original seats. I head up and all I remember from the 2nd set was a girl pacing back and forth from her seat to the aisle, drums>space and days between, during which I saw my family standing in front of a lake on a postcard, and a giant fire breathing turtle marching around the arena during Terrapin.

Mercifully, the show ended ,and as we walked out, Worcester was a war zone with grenade launchers, fires and sirens. In hindsight, I think I was just hearing nitrous tanks and seeing normal lights flashing off the buildings, but I was happy to get the **** out of there as quickly as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I feel ya, brother!

Dead 09 Worcester. Split a 10 strip with a friend. Getting close to show time, I'm convinced we got bunk'd, so we buy more L from the person tailgating next to us. Split another 10 strip, grab a couple hot dogs from a vendor, and head toward the venue. I'm tripping balls in line, so I know I was wrong about the bunk drugs. I'm sure it will be fine though.

Show starts, can't recall the setlist, but when they start playing GDTRFB I'm dancing and sweating and suddenly puking. I look at my friend and ask if I'm throwing up. He confirms, so I run down the stairs puking the whole way. I can't find the bathroom so I run out of an exit door. An usher or someone tells me I won't be able to get back in, but I don't care and proceed to rid myself of all of the beers and hot dogs from earlier.

Feeling good but puke-covered, I decide to head back in. Door is locked. Usher/security guy tells me I'm an idiot and he won't let me back in. I walk back to the front gate, where my ticket won't scan (obviously). I explain to the ticket checker that someone threw up on me, and I freaked out and ran out of the venue. Feeling bad for me, he lets me back in.

Flash forward, and now I'm on the floor for set 1 closer. No idea how I got there, but the set ends and I call my friends. They are in the last row behind the stage because they had to get out of our original seats. I head up and all I remember from the 2nd set was a girl pacing back and forth from her seat to the aisle, drums>space and days between, during which I saw my family standing in front of a lake on a postcard, and a giant fire breathing turtle marching around the arena during Terrapin.

Mercifully, the show ended ,and as we walked out, Worcester was a war zone with grenade launchers, fires and sirens. In hindsight, I think I was just hearing nitrous tanks and seeing normal lights flashing off the buildings, but I was happy to get the **** out of there as quickly as possible.
      You had a better experience than a kid at oakwood

Comment

Having been through the process with my older child I know how much of a money scam premier soccer is. 99% of kids playing premier won’t get a scholarship, 99% won’t play college soccer. People paying a fortune on premier soccer can do a lot better things with the money like family vacations and so on. My second child with play travel now as having soccer skills will get you nothing. People I’m telling you put that money to good use. Say your kid plays 6 yrs premier x $1800 a yr= $10,800 for 6yrs. It’s actually more than that if you add in travel, hotels ,meals, uniforms & equipment. Parents with the money spent on premier you could be putting it away for your kids college instead. Travel will still give the exercise they need plus you could put them in multi sports now since travel won’t be much out of pocket
        It’s a economic filter to keep riff-raff like you away.

Comment

It’s a economic filter to keep riff-raff like you away.
          Oh yes. Show us the money or find another league pal.

Comment

What happened is that people saw that there's a lot of money to be made in the racket. It's sad because the vast majority of these kids would be better suited to strong town comp level soccer.

Comment

Why does anyone think this is new, or just applicable to soccer. I played club hockey for years and didn't feel like playing past HS. I had opportunities, but was time to move on.

Kids take piano lessons with no plan for the opera.

Dance lessons and the Rockettes are out of reach.

Swim lessons and won't touch the Olympics.

Spend 3x the money to ski, and do it just for...wait for it...FUN

If you go into club soccer with an expectation of a college scholarship, you are wrong. You should be playing it because you want to have fun and play at a high level.

Comment

Why does anyone think this is new, or just applicable to soccer. I played club hockey for years and didn't feel like playing past HS. I had opportunities, but was time to move on.

If you go into club soccer with an expectation of a college scholarship, you are wrong. You should be playing it because you want to have fun and play at a high level.
                You are absolutely correct.

Comment

last time I checked, our piano teacher was not marketing herself as the exclusive pathway to Carnegie hall. We all do pay and play and deserve to discuss and dispense with some of the nonsense marketing.

Comment

Your point is well made. Most of my daughters teammates will not play in college . Some because they are not good enough , most because they want to focus on academics. But their team allows them to play premier and it only costs $150.00 a season. So playing at a higher level than travel does not have to cost so much .

Comment

Your point is well made. Most of my daughters teammates will not play in college . Some because they are not good enough , most because they want to focus on academics. But their team allows them to play premier and it only costs $150.00 a season. So playing at a higher level than travel does not have to cost so much .
                      what club? We pay $1900 for a 12 year old in a well-respected boutique type club and every year I question more and more why we're bothering with it.

Comment

last time I checked, our piano teacher was not marketing herself as the exclusive pathway to Carnegie hall. We all do pay and play and deserve to discuss and dispense with some of the nonsense marketing.
                        Shame on any of you for buying into that. You went into it for the wrong reasons, and were naive to think otherwise. Sucker born every minute, I guess.

Look at the sheer number of players and think about the number of colleges out there. Watch a game at a high level. How anyone is surprised their kid didn't make it is beyond me.

Bottomline is it's no different than any other kids activity and should have the same expectations for results. Put as much time and money into it as you desire, and see where it goes. Don't blame the club for marketing; blame yourselves for being dense.

Comment

So, your club supposedly has a special class of players who are good enough to play premier, but who tell you they aren't interested in college. So, if you say you "aren't interested in playing soccer in college," you get a significantly reduced bill of $150.

Right. Pull the other one, it has bells on.

Comment

Have to? No, nobody HAS to. Play wherever you want. You can go skiing and just stay on the greens if that's what you want. Have fun, and enjoy it. If you want to learn how to get on the steeps, then you have to be taught most likely. That's the fun.

What if some WANT to go all over, their kids WANT to play on a team who live the game and want to play all the time and all over. Why are the clubs are fault for offering that?

Comment

Have to? No, nobody HAS to. Play wherever you want. You can go skiing and just stay on the greens if that's what you want. Have fun, and enjoy it. If you want to learn how to get on the steeps, then you have to be taught most likely. That's the fun.

What if some WANT to go all over, their kids WANT to play on a team who live the game and want to play all the time and all over. Why are the clubs are fault for offering that?
                              lots of good points here. My complaint against clubs is they take kids that have no business being on the club in order to pad the coffers. It does everyone a disservice except the person depositing the check. Most importantly, when the reality of the situation is made clear, you probably end up with one less kid having any interest in soccer, and that is bad for the game in the US in general.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X