Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Maple had it right. Ecnl, da, NPL whatever... all should have promotion/relugation. It's the real world. Profiteering and parental desperation have ruined youth soccer.
    In a single pyramid it would be ok if only one team per league moved up or down each year. If a team chose not to move up because of increased travel cost then the second team could move up. Until we have DA, NPL, NEP, Maple and Bays in the same pyramid then youth soccer will remain mired in mediocrity. ECNL would choose to join if the others were in a single pyramid.

Comment

Stoopido. If you look closer, you will see that Npl group A= seeds 1,3,5,7........ from the last season. Group B= seeds 2,4,6,8.....since there are only 6 round-robin games this spring, Npl is split in two groups, following the playoffs in June A1+A2 vs B1+B2. of course the result is as always: weakened competition in each group because top teams are in the different groups now.
      No one gets promoted or relegated. Clubs participating in NEP get a spot in NPL layer based on their overall performance. Mega Clubs can lobby more then one spot. it's theirs, no one can relegate the spot. Its up to the club which team they will play in this spot.
      Wrong. Look at GPS Maine NPL 2004 girls. Got relegated from NPL B group to NEP Premiership between Fall and Spring. One team was also promoted from NEP to NPL, I think NEFC West. You posting it doesn't make it true. #Facts

Comment

Wrong. Look at GPS Maine NPL 2004 girls. Got relegated from NPL B group to NEP Premiership between Fall and Spring. One team was also promoted from NEP to NPL, I think NEFC West. You posting it doesn't make it true. #Facts
        NEP is only hosting NPL. They don’t have any authority over it. If a club wants a spot on NPL they need to be qualified by NPL. No one needs to be relegated. But you made me look.
        So you are saying that out of seven teams, they relegated the fifth one but let them keep their NPL status? Isn’t it absurd?
        I don’t know what happened there, but yes GU14 GPS ME left NPL for NEP this fall. But they still listed as NPL team and their spot in NPL is waiting for them. No one was promoted.

Comment

NEP is only hosting NPL. They don’t have any authority over it. If a club wants a spot on NPL they need to be qualified by NPL. No one needs to be relegated. But you made me look.
          So you are saying that out of seven teams, they relegated the fifth one but let them keep their NPL status? Isn’t it absurd?
          I don’t know what happened there, but yes GU14 GPS ME left NPL for NEP this fall. But they still listed as NPL team and their spot in NPL is waiting for them. No one was promoted.
          NEFC 2004 West Elite team was promoted from NEP Premiership to NPL B group between Fall and Spring season. I can't speak to why GPS Maine NPL was relegated when NEFC Central Elite was in last place and GPS Maine was in 6th, but it happened. I guarantee NEFC Central Elite will be relegated after this Spring season though and another NEP Premiership team promoted. That is the new model for NPL B group and Premiership teams.

Of course in practice, the crossover of NEP and NPL doesn't mean much as most NPL A teams will beat NPL B teams/NEP Premiership teams from what I've seen. There are exceptions, but not many...

Comment

NEFC 2004 West Elite team was promoted from NEP Premiership to NPL B group between Fall and Spring season. I can't speak to why GPS Maine NPL was relegated when NEFC Central Elite was in last place and GPS Maine was in 6th, but it happened. I guarantee NEFC Central Elite will be relegated after this Spring season though and another NEP Premiership team promoted. That is the new model for NPL B group and Premiership teams.

Of course in practice, the crossover of NEP and NPL doesn't mean much as most NPL A teams will beat NPL B teams/NEP Premiership teams from what I've seen. There are exceptions, but not many...

http://www.nationalpremierleagues.com/overview

Argue all you want. NPL is an independent league within NEP. NEP May help fill up the spots to keep the schedule running. But they are not authorized promote or relegate NPL teams.
            In terms of group A vs B, I’m looking at the current BU15 NPL structure. The strongest teams are split between A and B evenly. The weakest team is in A. They were not relegated last year despite on having lost all games.

Comment

http://www.nationalpremierleagues.com/overview

Argue all you want. NPL is an independent league within NEP. NEP May help fill up the spots to keep the schedule running. But they are not authorized promote or relegate NPL teams.
              In terms of group A vs B, I’m looking at the current BU15 NPL structure. The strongest teams are split between A and B evenly. The weakest team is in A. They were not relegated last year despite on having lost all games.
              And they won't be. I'm pretty sure I already explained that there is no relegation of an NPL A group team.l no matter how bad they are. The only promotion and relegation happens in the NPL B group and Premiership NEP. I'm not sure how else I can explain this... it isn't rocket science.

Comment

And they won't be. I'm pretty sure I already explained that there is no relegation of an NPL A group team.l no matter how bad they are. The only promotion and relegation happens in the NPL B group and Premiership NEP. I'm not sure how else I can explain this... it isn't rocket science.
                So you're saying there's a chance?

Comment

Dude, you really need to figure out how it works first before explaining things. Or just keep quiet. Tell me what is the purpose of NPL playoffs at the end of the season?

Comment

Dude, you really need to figure out how it works first before explaining things. Or just keep quiet. Tell me what is the purpose of NPL playoffs at the end of the season?
                    It's about the NPL and ENPL qualifying and playoffs. And here is the kicker... only teams in the NPL divisions can qualify. How do teams make the NPL division? By getting promoted from NEP to NPL B. Get it now? Promo/Relegation for NPL B to try and qualify for NPL and ENPL national competitions.

Comment

It's about the NPL and ENPL qualifying and playoffs. And here is the kicker... only teams in the NPL divisions can qualify. How do teams make the NPL division? By getting promoted from NEP to NPL B. Get it now? Promo/Relegation for NPL B to try and qualify for NPL and ENPL national competitions.
                      I've just realized that girls NPL only started this year. This is probably why youare so confused in your head. Please do not post any more "explanations". They are misleading. I don't even know anymore which event you are referring to.
                      Here is the link for NPL playoffs.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...lb2Zx/pubhtml#

Your GU14 semis: June 9. 1:30 NPL A1 vs B2
                      B1 vs A2
                      finals : June 10, 1:30
                      Winner will qualify for (?) Eastern Conference NPL Finals or whatever. I don't see which part of it is about relegation.
                      Looks like there will be two NPL vacancies that NEP is offered to fill: GU16 and and BU14. All other shifting will be done (if any) without NEP resolution

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X