Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building an Indoor Facility

Does anyone have any experience or information on the process of building an indoor soccer facility?

Have any community/volunteer clubs (who are not profit driven like the super clubs) ever done this?

If you can rent them out, and taking into account the insurance you have to carry, they should be money makers. There's nothing to the building themselves: just a pre-engineered metal building and a concrete floor as a base. I have a friend who has been the structural engineer and has been designing these types of buildings (including a few indoor places) for a couple decades now.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Does anyone have any experience or information on the process of building an indoor soccer facility?

Have any community/volunteer clubs (who are not profit driven like the super clubs) ever done this?
      The land is the issue. To have a facility in close proximity to highly populated areas is cost prohibitive. The building isn't expensive. Lots of clubs do it...Seacoast in Epping, NH, Aztec in Middleton, FSA in CT (beautiful facility), etc.

Comment

what will Bolts do with Mt. Ida gone?

Comment

what will Bolts do with Mt. Ida gone?
          Mt Ida isn't gone...it's going to be part of Umass Dartmouth. For the short term I am sure that Umass will continue to take the Bolts field rental fee. Long term...some developer will most likely get a great deal on some land and the field won't be available for rental. I wouldn't think anything would change for at least two years. After that is a different story.

It's not a great facility anyways. Bolts need to build their own.

Comment

Mt Ida isn't gone...it's going to be part of Umass Dartmouth. For the short term I am sure that Umass will continue to take the Bolts field rental fee. Long term...some developer will most likely get a great deal on some land and the field won't be available for rental. I wouldn't think anything would change for at least two years. After that is a different story.

Do all the Bolts DA teams practice currently train at Mt. Ida?

Comment

valeo / schecther school

Comment

Yes, What type of information are you looking for?

Comment

You are a bit off with your facts. MT Ida is not UMawss Dartmouth's. The buildings are going to UMass Amherst for grad school, The facilities are for UMass Boston but the students have a place at UMass Dartmouth, Will be interesting to see how this whole thing shakes up

Comment

Don't limit yourself to soccer....

Comment

Our place has a full 11v11, the building is more expansive than you think since it is a full span with no supports. Add in the 7-10 acres you need in a good location and it adds up quickly!

Also there is a big issue with utilization of the space from March - November. Very hard to fill. Our location has been booming with flag football on the weekends during the winters.

Comment

Winchester is doing it. Winchester Community Park.

Comment

Yes, What type of information are you looking for?
                          I'm on the board of my central NH youth soccer club, and the indoor facility we currently use is going to be converted for a different use. At the moment I'm doing some preliminary research to assess the feasibility of working towards operating our own place.

Comment

If your from a town based program you should get together with other youth sports.
                            Go to the town and ask for help with land. Towns sometimes have land thats not being used.
                            Other option look for a wear-house and convert it. If you people in the program that can help with fixing it up cost could be low to change over.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X