Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think it is funny- NWFL always has to drive 8-10 hrs to play in state cup - no one seems to care about that. And the fields in Pensacola are nice... not IMG nice but better than most of the crap sand fields played on this past weekend.
    How many of these NWFL teams have won a state cup? truthfully, the 1 or 2 teams per age group should probably need to prove themselves before the rest of the state acquiesces to them.

Comment

It is true that NWFL always has to travel in State Cup, but of course the vast majority of teams and the center of state’s population is in central & south Florida. Obviously it makes more sense to have a relatively few teams (or possibly none) travel a great distance from sparsely populated NW than it does to have almost all of the teams travel a great distance. Of course if you live in Pensacola you might not want to see it that way, but it is logical.

Comment

As the original poster, think this post has been rightfully corrupted by everyone with a complaint. My main complaint was playing u16 on a 9v9 field. My second complaint was it was a dirt field. I had no complaints with the refs.

Comment

I think it is funny- NWFL always has to drive 8-10 hrs to play in state cup - no one seems to care about that. And the fields in Pensacola are nice... not IMG nice but better than most of the crap sand fields played on this past weekend.
          Then don’t live in BFE! Pensacola is beautiful, but nowhere close to any population center. Heck, there isn’t even a decent sized airport within 2 hours for moderately priced flights. If your hometown of Pensacola is chosen to host, then how would you feel if Key West was chosen next year? I would argue against that too. It’s nothing personal.

Comment

As the original poster, think this post has been rightfully corrupted by everyone with a complaint. My main complaint was playing u16 on a 9v9 field. My second complaint was it was a dirt field. I had no complaints with the refs.
            Oh, so only you can complain?

Comment

Exactly!!! Now that they have to do it, people are throwing a fit. Than don't do SC retards. Yes, we know FYSA doesn't always make the right decisions.

Comment

If FYSA is having issues with Clubs hosting SC. Why not give those clubs that host a good discount on registration fees? I guarantee you they will have clubs lining up to host.

Comment

Cost for SC

If FYSA is having issues with Clubs hosting SC. Why not give those clubs that host a good discount on registration fees? I guarantee you they will have clubs lining up to host.
                  The registration fee probably comes from the team budget, not the club.

Comment

The registration fee probably comes from the team budget, not the club.
                    Okay...than give those clubs some money for hosting. We all know FYSA makes a ***** load of money.

Comment

Melbourne fields suck and the refs are the worst.
                      And those Aussie ref accents really get on my nerves! And those kangaroos hopping all over the fields! What a distraction! And the flight to Melbourne, OMG!!!, it took us forever to get here! I guess it could have been worse, like if it were in Melbourne, FL, right mate?!

Comment

Link to finances

Okay...than give those clubs some money for hosting. We all know FYSA makes a ***** load of money.
                        I agree. Do you have a link to their financials?

Comment

I agree. Do you have a link to their financials?
                          2015 IRS Form 990 Filing

Total Assets 6,124,345
                          Total Liabilities (563,668)
                          Net Assets 5,560,677

Not bad for a "non-profit" youth soccer association.

Comment

2015 IRS Form 990 Filing

Total Assets 6,124,345
                            Total Liabilities (563,668)
                            Net Assets 5,560,677

Not bad for a "non-profit" youth soccer association.

So I guess giving the club who can host a fee, won't hurt them.

Comment

So I guess giving the club who can host a fee, won't hurt them.
                              Super easy solution. Main facility is in Auburndale. Establish 4-6 "regional" locations throughout the state. FYSA provides those clubs a reasonable annual stipend for their facility maintenance...$25,000? In return, those fields then become available during March and April for State Cup.

Average of 25 teams per age group. 14 ages groups total. $900 per team = $315,000 revenue

Subtract $150,000 for the 6 facilities leaves $165,000 for tournament operating expenses.

State Cup is more than liquid to make this happen without having to touch the membership dues or other revenue streams.

Just do it FYSA. Stop the annual chaos and bad fields.

Comment

Dates

Super easy solution. Main facility is in Auburndale. Establish 4-6 "regional" locations throughout the state. FYSA provides those clubs a reasonable annual stipend for their facility maintenance...$25,000? In return, those fields then become available during March and April for State Cup.

Average of 25 teams per age group. 14 ages groups total. $900 per team = $315,000 revenue

Subtract $150,000 for the 6 facilities leaves $165,000 for tournament operating expenses.

State Cup is more than liquid to make this happen without having to touch the membership dues or other revenue streams.

Just do it FYSA. Stop the annual chaos and bad fields.
                                FYSA has dates for the next two years for Presidents and Commissioners Cup. Why doesn't everyone that hates bad fields and doesn't want to travel, starting nagging their clubs right now to host. Wait, that won't happen.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X