Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I just don't get who would pay 3k to these guys. Just looking at the website and the coaching staff. Look at their playing careers:

JW: 2 years at Middletown HS, and 2 years as a Training player at ECSU!
    GP: South Central Premier- no College experience- (UConn Club doesn't count).
    AH: Rocky Hill HS: No college experience (CCSU club doesn't count)

How do parents look at this and say, these guys are going to prepare my kids to play in college, when the coaches never played in college. Can't even believe they put HS as their playing experience, but I guess when you haven't gone higher you have to put something. Pipe dream of turf field and facility doesn't mean much if the people representing the club aren't up to par.

Doesn't mean you might not enjoy the experience, or had liked Sporting with them, but there are better clubs, more established clubs not just FSA, OW, CFC, that have a coaching staff that have played at the next level and can prepare your kids. At 3k + a year, not sure where they justify charging that much.
    exactly. Look at these clowns and now look at Goran's resume. mic drop

Comment

I just don't get who would pay 3k to these guys. Just looking at the website and the coaching staff. Look at their playing careers:

JW: 2 years at Middletown HS, and 2 years as a Training player at ECSU!
      GP: South Central Premier- no College experience- (UConn Club doesn't count).
      AH: Rocky Hill HS: No college experience (CCSU club doesn't count)

How do parents look at this and say, these guys are going to prepare my kids to play in college, when the coaches never played in college. Can't even believe they put HS as their playing experience, but I guess when you haven't gone higher you have to put something. Pipe dream of turf field and facility doesn't mean much if the people representing the club aren't up to par.

Doesn't mean you might not enjoy the experience, or had liked Sporting with them, but there are better clubs, more established clubs not just FSA, OW, CFC, that have a coaching staff that have played at the next level and can prepare your kids. At 3k + a year, not sure where they justify charging that much.
      Let's just be clear: Vale is sunk even before the christening. All of the above reasons are why. Plus, a start-up even in the best of conditions is a long shot. Vale has inexperienced coaches, no facilities (other than a basketball court), no league and no chance. All for 3K!

Comment

Let's just be clear: Vale is sunk even before the christening. All of the above reasons are why. Plus, a start-up even in the best of conditions is a long shot. Vale has inexperienced coaches, no facilities (other than a basketball court), no league and no chance. All for 3K!
        Agreed on all fronts. No one one will be at tryouts. There is a real chance they'll field ZERO teams.

Comment

Sporting, Vale (? TBD) and many other clubs do a perfectly fine job training younger players with less travel and (sometimes) less cost. But any players looking to play in college, or even start on varsity on a reasonable timetable, will need to move up the ladder in middle school. It's true at other clubs at well. Nothing wrong with it. Not every can or wants to play at higher levels. That's why soccer is a pyramid.
          I don't disagree with you that you can find smaller clubs that train younger players, but if Vale is charging the same as the big name clubs with coaches that never played more than HS, then us parents should second guess how we are spending our money.

Just looking at the caliber of coaching, makes me think you are just as well off as putting your kid in Travel and save yourself $2,700 a year or stay at Sporting.

You're paying $3k to pay ZE and JW pipe dream of becoming the next big thing. You should question why they couldn't do this at Sporting, why would they leave what they already built and already established. Now just diluting our middletown area, so more rec kids can become "premier" players. Smoke and mirrors.

Comment

I don't disagree with you that you can find smaller clubs that train younger players, but if Vale is charging the same as the big name clubs with coaches that never played more than HS, then us parents should second guess how we are spending our money.

Just looking at the caliber of coaching, makes me think you are just as well off as putting your kid in Travel and save yourself $2,700 a year or stay at Sporting.

You're paying $3k to pay ZE and JW pipe dream of becoming the next big thing. You should question why they couldn't do this at Sporting, why would they leave what they already built and already established. Now just diluting our middletown area, so more rec kids can become "premier" players. Smoke and mirrors.
            Sporting interns on fire this morning.

Comment

Sporting interns on fire this morning.
              don't know that you need a club intern to spout common sense that everyone clearly sees.

Comment

don't know that you need a club intern to spout common sense that everyone clearly sees.
                I agree completely. But why all the hate.

I give them credit for trying. Maybe should have started small vs. the big aspirations.

Comment

Opposite actually. A good club doesn't have to resort to heavy handed marketing tactics

Comment

I agree completely. But why all the hate.

I give them credit for trying. Maybe should have started small vs. the big aspirations.
                    you'll have to ask Sporting people, I'm with a different club, but I imagine the animosity is because they set-up in Sporting's backyard and tried (from what I've heard rumored) to get entire Sporting teams to move over. Very underhanded.

Comment

Opposite actually. A good club doesn't have to resort to heavy handed marketing tactics
                      Vale in da house.

Comment

There is no panic at Vale, only opportunity.

Any questions please contact us.

(860) 632-2900
                        info@valesc.com

-Vale Management
                        Vale Mgmnt: If you're coming on here to gauge the pulse of the CT soccer parent you're wasting your time. Your inability and unwillingness to accept that 99% of what's posted on TS is absolute trash is going to unravel you. Concentrate your efforts on the things that matter. If you're going to promote yourself as the next big thing then take the necessary steps, behind the scenes. Stop with all the social media crap. Develop a product that actually can back what you preach. I will offer this: If you're going to boast the holistic approach then you need a credible, credentialed, proven staff.

Comment

Vale Mgmnt: If you're coming on here to gauge the pulse of the CT soccer parent you're wasting your time. Your inability and unwillingness to accept that 99% of what's posted on TS is absolute trash is going to unravel you. Concentrate your efforts on the things that matter. If you're going to promote yourself as the next big thing then take the necessary steps, behind the scenes. Stop with all the social media crap. Develop a product that actually can back what you preach. I will offer this: If you're going to boast the holistic approach then you need a credible, credentialed, proven staff.
                          They are promoting, they are saying, Hey, we have sh&tty coaches, so when the teams are sh&t, don't complain because you got what you paid for, but we will be holistic in this approach and tell you that.

In Donald Trump voice "We only hire the best coaches, just look at our bios, the best. We are going to be YUGE." This is how imagine ZE and JW talking to each other.

Comment

They are promoting, they are saying, Hey, we have sh&tty coaches, so when the teams are sh&t, don't complain because you got what you paid for, but we will be holistic in this approach and tell you that.

In Donald Trump voice "We only hire the best coaches, just look at our bios, the best. We are going to be YUGE." This is how imagine ZE and JW talking to each other.

"we'll see..."

Comment

Andre Villas Boas didn't play better than HS. Has won a Portuguese double plus Europa League. Sarri, Benitez, Rodgers, Houllier, Mourinho, Sacchi, Jardim, Perreira, and more - low level playing, high level coaches. Playing level has nothing to do with coaching ability.

Comment

question for the experts: does Vale only get one chance at this? If no one shows up this year, can they reset for next year? Does the basketball tide them over until next spring's tryouts, or will it be kapput?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X