Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Have you never put together a corporate budget before? It's a business expense that is prorated over the entire club. Probably costs a couple of bucks per family. It's really not any different than prorating club travel expenses over the entire club like some club do.
    Is what it is. Some will tolerate it and some will not. Have seen both.

Comment

Is what it is. Some will tolerate it and some will not. Have seen both.
      Tolerate it? What's there to tolerate? If you are getting your way paid are you honestly objecting? More important though, if you are not, do you think any of these clubs give a crap if you leave in a huff? They'll just replace you with some other family who doesn't object. In the grand scheme of things the only players the clubs care about are the ones that they are offering to pay for. Those are the players that matter to them, everyone else is just a necessary (but replaceable) part of the puzzle.

Comment

Tolerate it? What's there to tolerate? If you are getting your way paid are you honestly objecting? More important though, if you are not, do you think any of these clubs give a crap if you leave in a huff? They'll just replace you with some other family who doesn't object. In the grand scheme of things the only players the clubs care about are the ones that they are offering to pay for. Those are the players that matter to them, everyone else is just a necessary (but replaceable) part of the puzzle.
        Not sure too many clubs really give a crap about either type of player tbh. Have seen all types have in huff and the clubs go on.

Comment

Not sure too many clubs really give a crap about either type of player tbh. Have seen all types have in huff and the clubs go on.
          True. Just like at work. The organization shows up the next day.

Comment

We have no problem paying for a service which we feel is worth it.
            However, if this scenario takes place, or even partially, then it's difficult not to feel ripped off. Especially if fees will be increased substantially next fall. And the "fact" (unsubstantiated, as this IS ts), there are others that get a NON financial break, certainly leaves a sour taste...OP

Comment

However, if this scenario takes place, or even partially, then it's difficult not to feel ripped off. Especially if fees will be increased substantially next fall. And the "fact" (unsubstantiated, as this IS ts), there are others that get a NON financial break, certainly leaves a sour taste...OP
              I would ask how many players are being subsidized by the club and then you can make an informed decision.

Comment

Why? Those players are better than yours so why feel anything? Jealous much? Do you feel the same way about how the top performers in your company get paid? Nothing about any of this is fair and if that's what you really want you should go back to your town program.

Comment

Why? Those players are better than yours so why feel anything? Jealous much? Do you feel the same way about how the top performers in your company get paid? Nothing about any of this is fair and if that's what you really want you should go back to your town program.
                  If your kids soccer talent is valuable to this family then they can help pay for his or her soccer lessons. If it is not, then they may choose not to. Market decides - Kid soccer talent has a value in the market just like various employees at work and the market will decide.

Comment

Yes ,performers should .Non performers full rate,until earned.

Comment

Market decides that. It sounds like the market at your club wants to finance putting talent on the team.

It sounds like the OP is in the market for a different business model. What do you care as long as the families at your club are fine covering your player?

Comment

Sure, all starters can play for free, and then we will carry 27 players with 12-27 paying $4 grand each to pay for the starters and then get no time for themselves. This is a wonderful system .... I can't believe clubs haven't thought of this before!

Comment

We are not jealous, as we stated, "we are not disillusioned that a superstar will emerge." Our girl is nowhere, & most likely never will be, near playing with those girls. We never stated she's in the market or deserves a free/partially free ride. And that's fine. She is enjoying bonding & coaching. We are getting the services we are paying for. However, your analogy is backward. Our girls are not employees getting paid, WE are the paying customers for services rendered TO club. We are just curious about how others at these top levels work this all out. We assume not every girl gets free rides on a top team, or do they? Clubs are in business to make $. Truly, free rides cannot be too common.

Comment

So, you were OK to pay for it when you felt it was worth it? Only after you found someone paid differently, then you viewed it as not being worth it?

You decide what you feel it's worth. What others pay should have no factor.

I'm sitting in a hotel room right now. Some paid more than me, some less. It doesn't change what I am getting for this room.

Comment

I pay what I'm asked to pay,if I don't think it's worth it ,I can leave .What do I care what others pay.

Comment

So, you were OK to pay for it when you felt it was worth it? Only after you found someone paid differently, then you viewed it as not being worth it?

You decide what you feel it's worth. What others pay should have no factor.

I'm sitting in a hotel room right now. Some paid more than me, some less. It doesn't change what I am getting for this room.
                                If you want to subsidize the room next door because you feel that guest enhances your stay, that is fine. If another does not want to do that, that is also fine.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X