X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What age group was this? GDA showcase?
    U15 or U17 girls. Away game in Gainesville.

Comment

Then must have been U17 NPL.
      DA does not play in G'ville and U15 NPL coach is a women.

Comment

"I have no first hand information..."

Truth away Mr. Know-nothing.
        You really don't want to do this, but in case you can't resist, start by answering this question:

Why did you choose to post about this incident on Talking-Soccer, and what did you hope to gain by it?

Comment

Theory:
          A coach needs to check on the kids in their room. Brings a female manager to avoid any appearance of impropriety. Kids think nothing of it. One of the kids mentions to her parent that the coach came in her room. Parent's imagination goes wild and loses her mind. Raises a ruckus over something that nobody else thought was out of line. Reports it to the club. Club investigates and realizes there was nothing to it.

I have no first hand information but I see these stories on the internet all the time.

Math lesson:
          Accusation with no details + no justifiable reason for posting it online + no apparent effort to address the problem through the proper channels = not a valid complaint, just a grudge.

This equation works. Every. Single. Time.
          This is right on the mark. The accuser is the same dirtbag who trash-talked Bruno and his team manager on the "CSU Coaching Staff" thread last October. Clearly a grudge. The suspicious lack of details in the latest accusation proves it.

Nothing to see here. Move on.

Comment

This is right on the mark. The accuser is the same dirtbag who trash-talked Bruno and his team manager on the "CSU Coaching Staff" thread last October. Clearly a grudge. The suspicious lack of details in the latest accusation proves it.

Nothing to see here. Move on.
            From the last few posts, we now know the coach's name is Bruno and he is the coach of the U17 girls NPL at BU. Another poster said he entered a female player's room without another adult female. That is potentially very serious. There must be more to it if so many players and parents were concerned enough to report it to the DOC. People are always angry, especially on this forum. But any grudge that someone from his old club may have is irrelevant. CSU is another mess of a club anyways. It is the coach's actions in this particular instance that are being discussed. You seem to know more of the details. Fill us in.

Comment

From the last few posts, we now know the coach's name is Bruno and he is the coach of the U17 girls NPL at BU. Another poster said he entered a female player's room without another adult female. That is potentially very serious. There must be more to it if so many players and parents were concerned enough to report it to the DOC. People are always angry, especially on this forum. But any grudge that someone from his old club may have is irrelevant. CSU is another mess of a club anyways. It is the coach's actions in this particular instance that are being discussed. You seem to know more of the details. Fill us in.
              The point was that the accuser has a history of bad-mouthing this particular coach and team manager, which backs up the theory that this is a personal grudge and nothing more.

I won't dignify the accusations by commenting on them. The burden of proof rests on the accuser, and we have no proof. If anything bad actually happened, the parents have the responsibility to follow up with the appropriate authorities. There is no indication that the loudmouth parent is doing anything besides whining anonymously on TS.

Comment

The point was that the accuser has a history of bad-mouthing this particular coach and team manager, which backs up the theory that this is a personal grudge and nothing more.

I won't dignify the accusations by commenting on them. The burden of proof rests on the accuser, and we have no proof. If anything bad actually happened, the parents have the responsibility to follow up with the appropriate authorities. There is no indication that the loudmouth parent is doing anything besides whining anonymously on TS.
                Wasn't the original complaint that the DOC was a no show to his own meeting? I believe that others brought in the reason for the actual meeting. And again, I'm not seeing what a personal grudge has anything to do with the coach's actions. Obviously the DOC thought it important enough to have a meeting. That was way before anything posted on here. I want to know what the details of the incident were. One person complaining would not get such a response from the DOC.

Comment

Wasn't the original complaint that the DOC was a no show to his own meeting? I believe that others brought in the reason for the actual meeting. And again, I'm not seeing what a personal grudge has anything to do with the coach's actions. Obviously the DOC thought it important enough to have a meeting. That was way before anything posted on here. I want to know what the details of the incident were. One person complaining would not get such a response from the DOC.
                  You keep missing the point. Someone with a grudge against this coach and manager took an incident which was probably no big deal and invented a story to smear those people. If it WAS a big deal it would have been reported and acted upon by law enforcement, club management, FYSA, and the local media. But no, we are only hearing about it on an anonymous internet forum, and the accuser refuses to provide any details.

Just drop it, there's nothing to see here.

Comment

You keep missing the point. Someone with a grudge against this coach and manager took an incident which was probably no big deal and invented a story to smear those people. If it WAS a big deal it would have been reported and acted upon by law enforcement, club management, FYSA, and the local media. But no, we are only hearing about it on an anonymous internet forum, and the accuser refuses to provide any details.

Just drop it, there's nothing to see here.
                    Different poster here. I'm not sure where you are assuming that there is a grudge and the story was invented. It was already established that the coach attempted to enter a player's room. The team manager was also involved. The DOC called a meeting to address it but never showed, so club management was acting upon it (or appeared to do so), but did not. As for local media and law enforcement, if it was not sexual assault, they would not be involved. But that does not mean that sexual harassment was not experienced. If any or all of the players in that room felt threatened by the coach's action, then that is harassment. The DOC and club should act upon it immediately. If it went beyond that, then law enforcement should definitely be contacted. This is a very serious accusation. Players and parents do not create these kinds of stories. Something definitely is not right.

Comment

Different poster here. I'm not sure where you are assuming that there is a grudge and the story was invented. It was already established that the coach attempted to enter a player's room. The team manager was also involved. The DOC called a meeting to address it but never showed, so club management was acting upon it (or appeared to do so), but did not. As for local media and law enforcement, if it was not sexual assault, they would not be involved. But that does not mean that sexual harassment was not experienced. If any or all of the players in that room felt threatened by the coach's action, then that is harassment. The DOC and club should act upon it immediately. If it went beyond that, then law enforcement should definitely be contacted. This is a very serious accusation. Players and parents do not create these kinds of stories. Something definitely is not right.
                      Psycho parents create these kinds of stories all the time. The evidence is all over TS.

Yes, this is a very serious accusation. But there is no reason for bringing it up on a public forum except to smear someone you have a grudge against. Any mature adult knows there is a right way and a wrong way to handle situations like these. Posting here is the wrong way.

I stand by my theory that this is a parent with a grudge and the accusations are unfounded. I might change my position if I saw real evidence or if the accuser shared details of what is being done to resolve the problem. Vague accusations on a public forum, especially on TS, never turn out to be real.

Comment

They will bring ECNL back and hire great coaches. This will be the go to club!

Comment

They will bring ECNL back and hire great coaches. This will be the go to club!
                          They loss da and gda that will be the end of BU

Comment

Not true

Comment

Soon enough. Now they are begging other clubs to send their best players. No one is showing up for the tryouts. LMAO. Who could have seen this coming?

Comment

Soon enough. Now they are begging other clubs to send their best players. No one is showing up for the tryouts. LMAO. Who could have seen this coming?
                                USSDA wants the travel teams as feeder as in Europe. You must be one of those rookie daddy.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X