X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2237279]
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

You can't teach an old dog, new tricks. Those kids have been ruined and will never learn to play soccer. Wind them up and let them go until they run out of steam (which is quickly when you chase the ball all game and the coach rides her top 13 players like thoroughbreds). Same for all teams there .... they were never taught the fundamentals of the game, let alone forced to employ them in difficult game situations. For years they take the safe way out and boot it, every single time.
    FSA's lack of development in the younger years plus reliance on pure athleticism rears it's ugly head in the older age groups. Top it off with poor coaching all around and you have the mess that is the FSA girls program

Comment

I think everyone in CT missed the memo. GDA is rapidly becoming destination for best players. I have no daughters in Oakwood and even I know this. ECNL will likely exist for years to come but it will be a second tier league. CFC will likely remain top dog for girls for next 2-3 year. After that they will begin their descent.
      No you missed the memo that GDA is faltering and on the brink of collapsing on itself. OW's best shot at getting top talent was last year, but no one nibbled. Now with the league on very shaky ground OW's fate is sealed for next year as well. No top player will go to OW for it's weak coaching or its weakened league with high costs, uneven competition (now eve worse with Stars and PDA out) and terrible travel

Comment

No you missed the memo that GDA is faltering and on the brink of collapsing on itself. OW's best shot at getting top talent was last year, but no one nibbled. Now with the league on very shaky ground OW's fate is sealed for next year as well. No top player will go to OW for it's weak coaching or its weakened league with high costs, uneven competition (now eve worse with Stars and PDA out) and terrible travel
        Your opinions are baseless.

Comment

So please, provide some facts to support your viewpoint. What top talent is going to OW next year that didn't this year? What good clubs are going to fill the voids left by Stars and PDA? How will travel stay the same (best case; most likely it will get worse)? How will costs get better?

Comment

My daughter would love to give up HS soccer and then lose time later to a kid that got to play in prep school when they decided it was time to come back to the team (and pay the same amount).

Comment

My daughter would love to give up HS soccer and then lose time later to a kid that got to play in prep school when they decided it was time to come back to the team (and pay the same amount).
              Sounds great. Where do we sign? Mine can't wait for the FB post!

Comment

Well, that's a choice several OW players actually made.

Comment

a sucker born every minute

Comment

We all make mistakes, let's see if they do it again, knowing what they now know.

Comment

LMAO - not opinion. FACT.

Comment

Where was the coaching better? The coaches are still the same. Did you miss something?
                        Mine has had nothing but terrible coaches at FSA so far. We are testing the waters elsewhere come next year.

Comment

Let me keep it simple for ya. Mommy coach (FSA) will coach the U18 team (ECNL of course) since here kid is still there and she will continue to screw over kids and favor her own kid and her high school kids. End of story. If you think that will change then you have a screw loose. Is she bangin' MD or something? Ughh the thought makes me sick. LOL
                          This is happening even at the ulittles at FSA. Coaches decide who the best players are at u9, mostly based on size and hip checking abilities, and it carries over every year. The rest are just lining the DiT’s wallets.

Comment

Mine has had nothing but terrible coaches at FSA so far. We are testing the waters elsewhere come next year.
                            If ur wife is hte hawt OW will take her. You. Your cash.

Comment

If ur wife is hte hawt OW will take her. You. Your cash.
                              This is very representative of the OW parent. Well played.

Comment

when will FSA and OW post coaching assignments for next year?
                                if a current assistant coach at ow CC is listed to be any where around a team your daughter is trying out for at OW. walk away now. actually run away!!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X