Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What teams replace Stars and PDA in GDA?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I chance SiT’s and Derek’s and Farrell ever merge. Never heard ver.

The GDAP is done. They should add south shore select and FC Copa to replace those 2. These clubs pulling out is making US Soccer look like the biggest failures ever it’s pticeless. Imagine if they added a 2nd GDAP club in CT. They would hurt Oakwood and be a club with results like empire. LISC and NYSC.

It was fun while it lasted but really ?? Already horrible score lines for teams like Penn Fusion what’s is going to be like next year.
    Maybe Simmons .... then LISC and Empire will have someone they can compete with.

Comment

36 TOP players across two teams????? Are you crazy. There are not 36 kids that are TOP players that is the problem here. Out of those 36 you may have 2-4 that are studs 5 - 10 that are above average and the rest are fillers. It is the misconception of parents and the kool aid they drink from these clubs that there kids are great the best the TOP. That is not going to happen in New England. There is not enough talent to go around. There are not enough kids to go around. Not ALL KIDS are the TOP. As long as parents can write checks to say my kids play here to feed their egos this will never stop.

Comment

Beachside applied for GDA and was rejected initially - due to a lack of a development track record on the girls side. However, given that GDA may be desperate to add teams perhaps they will give BS another look. It would give immediate credibility to their girls program and would complement their efforts on the boys side.
        BS needs a lot more than that to give credibility to their girls program. It's the people that run the program that earn credibility not the league they are in.

Comment

BS needs a lot more than that to give credibility to their girls program. It's the people that run the program that earn credibility not the league they are in.
          Add another strike to BS: their failure to build/secure their own facility. No way they get GDA. Besides, CT isn't where the gaps are - USSF needs to fill Stars and PDA and really doesn't have any good options to do so.

Comment

I can't believe anyone here (even though it is TS) thinks BS has any shot of getting in the GDAP, regardless of the state of GDAP. They are a club that has ignored it's girls almost as bad as FSA and OW has (but at least those clubs had full girls programs at every age). GDAP is not looking for a startup program; BS has NO SHOT! Even less so when you factor in their proximity to Empire and LISC.

Comment

Any idea what teams will be filling the void with Stars and PDA opting out? Could Beachside or Yankee be a possibility? They need some regional teams so travel isn’t more of a nightmare in a bigger geographical division next year. Kind of important with tryouts season upon us
              Ummm, the GDA is like Kentucky’s basketball roster. One and done. That league is all over. All the Texas clubs, Eclipse and So Cal clubs to follow. Can’t say we didn’t warn you.

Comment

I chance SiT’s and Derek’s and Farrell ever merge. Never heard ver.

The GDAP is done. They should add south shore select and FC Copa to replace those 2. These clubs pulling out is making US Soccer look like the biggest failures ever it’s pticeless. Imagine if they added a 2nd GDAP club in CT. They would hurt Oakwood and be a club with results like empire. LISC and NYSC.

It was fun while it lasted but really ?? Already horrible score lines for teams like Penn Fusion what’s is going to be like next year.
                How is the ECNL going to be any different?

Comment

ECNL is the top dog

How many college coaches will be at DA showcases now

Comment

Finally you have faced the music with the fact that FSA cannot compete with CFC, and the only chance to surpass them is to merge with another club. We are very flattered. Thank you.
                    That’s what they did a few years ago....merged with soccer plus and was going to overtake cfc. Now they need ow too and they will overtake cfc?

Throw in yankee and beachside too while you are at it

Comment

Truth?

I hate to point out the obvious but there is no proof that there are 7 clubs leaving DA and who they are. Last time I checked, TS is not known for accurate info.🙄

Comment

I hate to point out the obvious but there is no proof that there are 7 clubs leaving DA and who they are. Last time I checked, TS is not known for accurate info.🙄
                        It's a lot of entertainment with some truth sprinkled in now and then

Comment

Everything on this site is 100% true, if you think differently then you are a moron

Comment

There is lots of chatter across various boards and some of these clubs have communicated to parents/players directly. This was not an overnight decision.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X