Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    CFC 2002 Boys surprisingly had GPS Boys (2nd in country) on the ropes - leading 2-0 in 2nd half.

10 seconds in the CFC goalie comes out and slides to get ball.

The GPS player kicks him in the head - and knocks him out of game.

Watching film, i see the goalie slides - keeps head down and the GPS player decides to leap over him.

Now the leap wasnt' much of one and certainly hard contact should have been avoided.

I'll serve it up - is this a dirty play, just soccer get over it or somewhere in the middle?

The game ended 2-2 but I think easily could have ended 2-0.
    Either field player has no vertical or it should have been avoidable

Comment

For example, this goalkeeper gets creamed but it would be hard to blame the attacking player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F9jXYOH2c0

Comment

If it wasn't obvious you have to assume no intent. Only the (attacking) player knows whether he really tried to clear the goalie. No video, no obvious malice means you have to go with it being just an unfortunate play.

Comment

02 team I say the GK needs to be protected so foul should've been called. That being said, some of the GK's at this age and above are wrecking balls. They think they have free reign to destroy the knee of an attacking striker. In the last 6 months I have seen 2 kids get ACL blown out.

Not sure how to police this type of play.

CFC 2002 Boys surprisingly had GPS Boys (2nd in country) on the ropes - leading 2-0 in 2nd half.

Watching film, i see the goalie slides - keeps head down and the GPS player decides to leap over him.

Now the leap wasnt' much of one and certainly hard contact should have been avoided.

I'll serve it up - is this a dirty play, just soccer get over it or somewhere in the middle?

Comment

Question was did he need to jump over a sliding goalie. Wondering how he was supposed to avoid it? Don't say "go around" - impossible if both are going fast.
            How to avoid? It's called jumping over the keeper

Comment

CFC 2002 Boys surprisingly had GPS Boys (2nd in country club league) on the ropes - leading 2-0 in 2nd half.

Fixed it for you

Comment

borderline psychotic that people are posting about this 3 weeks later

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X