Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEP State Cup

I have a question. I noticed that some teams have multiple years as their designation. For example 99/00. The team is playing in the U18 verse U19 bracket. Not complaining, just wondering how it is decided which age bracket they go in? I assume it based on a certain number of 00 verse 99 players on the team to designate one way or the other. Anybody know?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have a question. I noticed that some teams have multiple years as their designation. For example 99/00. The team is playing in the U18 verse U19 bracket. Not complaining, just wondering how it is decided which age bracket they go in? I assume it based on a certain number of 00 verse 99 players on the team to designate one way or the other. Anybody know?
    If it was a 99/00 team, they would have to play in the 99 State Cup, even if it was just 1 99 player on the team.

Comment

If it was a 99/00 team, they would have to play in the 99 State Cup, even if it was just 1 99 player on the team.
      That's not how it's working out though. You have 99/00 playing in U18. There has to be some other standard.

Comment

That's not how it's working out though. You have 99/00 playing in U18. There has to be some other standard.
        There shouldn't be. Who is the team?

Comment

There shouldn't be. Who is the team?
          There are a few teams. Probably in lower groups as well.

Comment

Only DA allows players to play down ..... after making such a big bruha over how critical the age change was! Go figure!

Comment

Rules are made, for those who follow them.

Comment

Possible to leave older
                Kid off the state roster so team is eligibile

Comment

Rules are made, for those who follow them.
                  I don't think anyone is breaking rules...the team itself is called 99/00. Simply put there has to be some other reason it's allowed.

Comment

the league just named it U18 and both the 00 and 99 or combined 99-00 teams are in it. as an earlier poster said, the nationals are only U19 so a true 00 team would have to compete with 99s. doesn't make sense to have 2 state cup groups for each birth year.

Comment

the league just named it U18 and both the 00 and 99 or combined 99-00 teams are in it. as an earlier poster said, the nationals are only U19 so a true 00 team would have to compete with 99s. doesn't make sense to have 2 state cup groups for each birth year.
                      Makes sense....thanks.

Comment

While this seems reasonable, and how the NEP/NPL season works, the MA State Cup has a U18 and a U19 division. They are not merged.

On the boys side there are 99-00 teams (NEFC, Bolts, GPS) in both the Super and Premier group U18 division. All the other teams are 00 teams in the U18 division. All the teams in the U19 division are 99-00. Seems odd these three teams are not playing U19 as they all do in tournament play, and one of these teams is a top team in the U19 age group.

Comment

While this seems reasonable, and how the NEP/NPL season works, the MA State Cup has a U18 and a U19 division. They are not merged.

On the boys side there are 99-00 teams (NEFC, Bolts, GPS) in both the Super and Premier group U18 division. All the other teams are 00 teams in the U18 division. All the teams in the U19 division are 99-00. Seems odd these three teams are not playing U19 as they all do in tournament play, and one of these teams is a top team in the U19 age group.
                          The 99/00 team players that are 99 are not playing in the U18 State Cup games as the vast majority of the team is 00. If they make it to Nationals it's my understanding that it's U19 not U18 so all would play if they made it that far.

Comment

The 99/00 team players that are 99 are not playing in the U18 State Cup games as the vast majority of the team is 00. If they make it to Nationals it's my understanding that it's U19 not U18 so all would play if they made it that far.
                            True. Just want to point out the backwardness of the State Cup situation in MA, and how past the Sate level, things swap. In MA, the better teams play in US Club State Cup, and the rest play in the USYS one. However, the level of play at the USYS Regionals and Nationals is better than at the US Club events. Things may change this year because of the introduction of ECNL for Boys, but in the past few years this has been the case.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X