Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Stop. I'm not a big fan of Valeo, but this isn't a thread to bash other clubs. Go away.
    Every thread on this site is about bashing clubs.
    Climb down from your horse, mate, before you get hurt.

Comment

Every thread on this site is about bashing clubs.
      Climb down from your horse, mate, before you get hurt.
      Missing the point "mate". This was one of the few threads that wasn't bashing any clubs. A bit on the lighter side, but guys like you can't help but jump in and bash a club.

Comment

Missing the point "mate". This was one of the few threads that wasn't bashing any clubs. A bit on the lighter side, but guys like you can't help but jump in and bash a club.
        How can "sideline craziness" not have anything to do with bashing clubs or their respective parents?
        We cannot possibly be that naive, can we?

Comment

And about 75% of Ref's don't either.
          Sorry but not my experience. Most refs get it right.

- Cujo

Comment

There should be very few "handling" infractions during any game, at least U14 and above
            I would say about 75% of contact with hand and ball is not handling.

- Cujo

Comment

I agree with you. Actually, I emphasize what to do, not what not do do: in this case, kick it where the keeper isn't but don't overcorrect by aiming just inside the posts. Repeatedly, literally telling a player not to shoot at the keeper would be as pointless as telling the player not to keep losing the ball to defenders. Peace.
              Back when I was coaching I told players who were struggling with this problem to not look at the goalie when shooting but to look at the net.

- Cujo

Comment

How can "sideline craziness" not have anything to do with bashing clubs or their respective parents?
                Sideline craziness is ubiquitous, it's not isolated to a club or geography or ethnicity. Every weekend anywhere the game is played you'll hear and witness the craziness.

Comment

It's just crazy parents and every club has them. It has nothing to do with a particular club. Yes, some clubs parents tend to be worse then other clubs, but again this is kind of a fun post poking fun at the crazy parents and not a thread to back clubs. Can you just possibly go away.

Comment

It's just crazy parents and every club has them. It has nothing to do with a particular club. Yes, some clubs parents tend to be worse then other clubs, but again this is kind of a fun post poking fun at the crazy parents and not a thread to back clubs. Can you just possibly go away.
                    Well, you're not very fun...

Comment

Back when I was coaching I told players who were struggling with this problem to not look at the goalie when shooting but to look at the net.

- Cujo
                      Before I continue to complain about something let me ask if it is an infraction. On a corner kick when the ball is coming in and the player in the middle twists torso and deflects ball off any part of the arm from shoulder to elbow - is that handling? It sure looks like it is to me.

Comment

I think my kid's team is going to be in for some sideline craziness this season. Why? There are at least six dads watching every minute of every practice so far. Not a good sign for sane sideline parenting. PLEASE Please PLEASE show your kid that you have something better to do with your time than watch pre-season training.

Comment

I think my kid's team is going to be in for some sideline craziness this season. Why? There are at least six dads watching every minute of every practice so far. Not a good sign for sane sideline parenting. PLEASE Please PLEASE show your kid that you have something better to do with your time than watch pre-season training.
                          Is it their first experience with club soccer? Could just be that they are just checking things out. If they have cameras out and are taping or are just watching without conversing with anyone else that's another story. If its the latter, yeah you have some stuff to deal with this season.

Comment

Before I continue to complain about something let me ask if it is an infraction. On a corner kick when the ball is coming in and the player in the middle twists torso and deflects ball off any part of the arm from shoulder to elbow - is that handling? It sure looks like it is to me.
                            a lot has to do with interpretation of intent by the ref. On the face of it, yes.

Comment

how would you know if you weren't there to notice? Hopefully you aren't the one sitting with the coach on the side as they practice, or bringing them their favorite starbucks before every game. Oh wait, no that's just one of the parents on our team. Wait, is that you?

Comment

I would have to see a specific example to give a clear read. It is entirely about deliberation. If he misjudges the flight of the ball and it appears that his intent was to head the ball the goal could be allowed. If the ball changes direction it is unlikely to be handling. But to answer you - this is not handling per se and really depends on if the ref judges that his intent was to direct the ball in with his arm. The LOTG are clear in terms of requiring deliberation but determining whether it was deliberation is where judgment comes in to play. I have to imagine this is a fairly rare occurrence. I have done over a 1,000 games and have never seen it happen where it was clean contact.

- Cujo

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X