Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soccer fees/tuition

Have soccer fees ever gone down for your kid's club?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    When we left....

but seriously.....no.
    ...except when high school started and the season became abbreviated. Then the fee was lower, but not by much.

Comment

Ours goes up just a bit each year, never down. Nor would I expect them to unless they had a good reason like they got a better deal of field space or something that really impacts their bottom line. Clubs are a business. They will charge what they think the market can bear. If they start charging less they might fear folks are going to leave. Be wary of that.

Comment

Ours goes up just a bit each year, never down. Nor would I expect them to unless they had a good reason like they got a better deal of field space or something that really impacts their bottom line. Clubs are a business. They will charge what they think the market can bear. If they start charging less they might fear folks are going to leave. Be wary of that.

This is kind of stupid: "If they start charging less....folks are going to leave". What if they gave a great reason to charge less....for high schoolers the season does not include Fall....therefore you should pay less.....certainly not more without something more being included.

Comment

This is kind of stupid: "If they start charging less....folks are going to leave". What if they gave a great reason to charge less....for high schoolers the season does not include Fall....therefore you should pay less.....certainly not more without something more being included.
          High School is less in our club.....Not by a ton, but it is. The decrease comes from league fee and one less tournament. That does not add to very much as uniform, winter training, preseason camp, stc. are still in the program.

Comment

I wasn't talking about the drop at the HS age, just fees in general. Fees do drop for HS although (in my opinion) not as much as I think they should.

If a club can lower fees for the other teams that's great. But I'd want to know why, especially to make sure they're not hiring cheaper coaches, doing fewer tournaments or moving to lousy fields. That will get people to leave who expect better and are willing to pay for it.

Comment

What sport has ever gone down!

Comment

Supply and demand. Just be glad government doesn't subsidize it or guarantee loans to pay for it, it would be much more expensive than it already is.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X