Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FC Stars Cup 2015

Where does this tournament fall in the pecking order of Labor Day options?

What's up with 11v11 at U12 for both the boys and the girls. I don't think that's the right move developmentally.

Then why don't you communicate this to the tournament director. I'm sure he would appreciate your input

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Then why don't you communicate this to the tournament director. I'm sure he would appreciate your input
      Whatever. It's the Director's decision, he isn't changing it now. I guess you're fine with it. I think it's unnecessary.

Comment

/\ sarcasm

Comment

What's up with 11v11 at U12 for both the boys and the girls. I don't think that's the right move developmentally.
          It is by far the best tournament for Labor Day in this area. By far. Not even close.

Comment

It is by far the best tournament for Labor Day in this area. By far. Not even close.
            That's not the answer the OP was looking for. Otherwise, he would have asked the question differently. Be ready for a dozen snarky answers, followed by one slipping in with the OP's real agenda. Can't wait.

Comment

That's not the answer the OP was looking for. Otherwise, he would have asked the question differently. Be ready for a dozen snarky answers, followed by one slipping in with the OP's real agenda. Can't wait.
              She, and thank you to the person that answered my question.

Comment

Sorry, but she is just being lazy. Go to the website in read 1 paragraph and you'll get your answer. Simple!!

Btw, for boys it it not the mostly highly ranked in the " area" but if you don't want to brave NJ, travel during Labor Day, it's just perfect!

Comment

Sorry, but she is just being lazy. Go to the website in read 1 paragraph and you'll get your answer. Simple!
                  Not lazy, I just don't believe everything I read in a promotional release by a club soccer team.

Comment

Great tournament. Totally agree. Always attracts the best teams.

Comment

Not lazy, I just don't believe everything I read in a promotional release by a club soccer team.
                      But you would believe it from TS. BTW does it really matter? If that's where the club is headed do you really have a choice?

Comment

We spend way too much time trying to stratify things by age and not ability. Most of the kids and teams that are playing in these tournaments are skilled and athletic enough to play on an 11v11 field. But, this is the exception, most teams at this age belong on 8v8. Sadly, some teams will show up and learn they don't belong on the full field.

Comment

8v8 vs 11v11

My daughter's first tournament I think and 8v8 at U10 and a loss of 10-0 in one of the games - she wouldn't remember that if I told her but had fun every year - 11 v 11 is just fine at u12 as you can still lose just as bad. Lol

Comment

My girls started 11 v 11 @ u11 and they're both doing just fine developmentally. It has worked towards their and their teammates advantage now that they're a few years older.

Comment

The other issue where 8v8 can be problematic at U12 is with tryouts. Let's say you're an upper echelon club team, you get a nice turnout but not enough to form multiple 8v8 teams. The bottom group of girls are still decent players. Do you cut them knowing they may not be around next year when you need them or do you keep them and play 11v11.

Obviously not a problem for a destination club like stars or nefc, but a reality at a lot of other places.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X