Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you play on the top team in the age group. Plain and simple. If you are on a second rate team you are left with a mess. The reality is the cost is basically the same no matter if your on the top team or the worst.
    This is the same situation with every one of the mega clubs.

Comment

Former GPS family here. I didn't post that, but here's how I interpret the "robbery" of GPS. You pay a premium and you get complete disorganization. My three kids are at three different clubs now (somewhat insane I know), but each club has it all over GPS in terms of organization and coaching stability.
      Disorganization is a theme among a lot of clubs. I personally think the problem is that coaches are in general not very good administrators so if they don't have a solid administrative person behind them, then the experience becomes a messy one. We've been at several clubs and each one has had its issues with lack of organization. These clubs would serve themselves well to hire an experienced, detailed admin person or persons to communicate with families and organize team travel, etc. Team parents aren't usually a good solution either; they're unpaid volunteers who don't have the time needed to fully coordinate and organize a team.

Comment

Disorganization is a theme among a lot of clubs. I personally think the problem is that coaches are in general not very good administrators so if they don't have a solid administrative person behind them, then the experience becomes a messy one. We've been at several clubs and each one has had its issues with lack of organization. These clubs would serve themselves well to hire an experienced, detailed admin person or persons to communicate with families and organize team travel, etc. Team parents aren't usually a good solution either; they're unpaid volunteers who don't have the time needed to fully coordinate and organize a team.
        This is SPOT on!!!! It takes an obsessive personality to want to and be able to do BOTH tasks (Coach and Administer/Manage) well. Some can't do either, most do only 1 well, a select few can do both very well.

Comment

We tried to support the local club, and switched to GPS last year at U12 specifically for the organization. While nothing is perfect, we have found GPS far more organized than the cluster we experienced in the local club. My older daughter played NEFC for 5 years at the NEP level (aka not top team). Coaching was great, club was great, but similar revolving door of coaches.

Comment

Omg

Was at gps with a kid on a top team. NOT 1 top state player transgresses to gps. Only cut kids. Its not even close to Stars Scorps nefc or selects top teams.....period. Coaching all the way up to ownership!!! fact. Its is the walmart brand with neiman marcus pricing. Its a JOKE over there.

Just look at the top kids in topsoccer ing top 150 ranking. Barron coming from GPS!!!

Comment

Was at gps with a kid on a top team. NOT 1 top state player transgresses to gps. Only cut kids. Its not even close to Stars Scorps nefc or selects top teams.....period. Coaching all the way up to ownership!!! fact. Its is the walmart brand with neiman marcus pricing. Its a JOKE over there.

Just look at the top kids in topsoccer ing top 150 ranking. Barron coming from GPS!!!
              This is TS gold. fact. period.

"That word, I do not think it means what you think it means"
              - Inigo Montoya

Comment

Can someone please send me the decoder ring so i can figure out what this means

Comment

Transgresses

ha-hahahahahaha

Comment

GPS is a bix box brand store with rip off prices.

Other than jokes i am glad we all agree.

Comment

If you play on the top team in the age group. Plain and simple. If you are on a second rate team you are left with a mess. The reality is the cost is basically the same no matter if your on the top team or the worst.
                      My kid was on the top team, and it was still a mess.

Comment

My kid was on the top team, and it was still a mess.
                        So i dont have a child on GPS but know others that do and are generally happy. But I dont know whether they are any better or worse than the other "big clubs". I would think that if people really thought they sucked, why would they have so many teams ? One question I have is tenure...if their average player sticks around for just a year or two and then leaves, then you have your answer. it's a marketing machine that does a good job selling their product to new customers, but cant get them to stick. If a large number of players stay for long periods of time, they must feel they get value for their money because there are many clubs that would accept the same check and they could easily choose some other club.

Comment

So i dont have a child on GPS but know others that do and are generally happy. But I dont know whether they are any better or worse than the other "big clubs". I would think that if people really thought they sucked, why would they have so many teams ? One question I have is tenure...if their average player sticks around for just a year or two and then leaves, then you have your answer. it's a marketing machine that does a good job selling their product to new customers, but cant get them to stick. If a large number of players stay for long periods of time, they must feel they get value for their money because there are many clubs that would accept the same check and they could easily choose some other club.
                          The top 2% of players in their age group stay with GPS and use the organization as a springboard for better opportunities, the others, bounce around like in any club. $300 for the kits, but have you seen the sharp looking top quality Bayern uniforms?

Comment

The top 2% of players in their age group stay with GPS and use the organization as a springboard for better opportunities, the others, bounce around like in any club. $300 for the kits, but have you seen the sharp looking top quality Bayern uniforms?
                            300, yikes.....i just got my sons kit for his club and it included two sets of game uniforms, a practice shirt, long sleeve shirt for colder days and a customized backpack for $140...but i am sure theirs are a lot cooler looking

Comment

awful

Notice why this is a dead lame thread. ITS BECAUSE GPS IS NOT relevant! Just because you have a kid there doesnt mean its a relevant organization. Its not. Stop defending it just because you pay for it. $3695 plus tournaments and uniform? disgusting.

Comment

Notice why this is a dead lame thread. ITS BECAUSE GPS IS NOT relevant! Just because you have a kid there doesnt mean its a relevant organization. Its not. Stop defending it just because you pay for it. $3695 plus tournaments and uniform? disgusting.
                                Except that you just brought it back. Your child lose to GPS this weekend?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X