Girls ISL 2015

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any info on Winsor soccer would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      A little off your topic but I know the nobles coach wanted to get a game or more against a certain top public or two and I'm pretty sure Brooks scrimmages against at least one public. Probably pretty inconvenient in most cases but aren't there a few doing this.
      not unless High school is in season -- against MIAA rules...35.1 Fall practice may begin for all teams as early as the second Thursday preceding Labor Day....40.4 A coach may not directly or indirectly require an athlete to participate in a sport or a training program outside of the MIAA defined sport season.

Comment

not unless High school is in season -- against MIAA rules...35.1 Fall practice may begin for all teams as early as the second Thursday preceding Labor Day....40.4 A coach may not directly or indirectly require an athlete to participate in a sport or a training program outside of the MIAA defined sport season.
        I believe that it would be against the ISL rules for Nobles to scrimmage a public school before the Nobles pre-season started. The ISL's (other preps have different rules) fancy themselves like the Ivies and typically would frown upon one of their members pushing the envelope that hard. If it is during pre-season or once school started though it wouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Any info on Winsor soccer would be appreciated.
          Winsor is small and is a school that pops out a decent team every couple of years but has not really shown the ability to sustain them like some of the top preps do. Makes me think that athletics are not a real high priority with the administration. Like a lot of the preps my bet is they talk the talk to a bunch to new parents about getting things going in the right direction but when push comes to shove they don't follow through.

Comment

Winsor is small and is a school that pops out a decent team every couple of years but has not really shown the ability to sustain them like some of the top preps do. Makes me think that athletics are not a real high priority with the administration. Like a lot of the preps my bet is they talk the talk to a bunch to new parents about getting things going in the right direction but when push comes to shove they don't follow through.
            Winsor plays in the EIL not the ISL. As above poster notes these are smaller schools whose identity is not tied to athletic performance. There are families of star players that will choose these schools for tradition (Dana Hall), location (Winsor), or values (LCA) and they will have some (very) good players coming through, but that is a family choice not a systemic commitment from school.

League affiliation can be found here
            http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/sc...s/girls-soccer

Comment

If you were looking for girls soccer in the EIL then the safe bet would be Pingree (having won New Englands the last 2 years). But these are day schools so it would depend on your geography. But not sure why one would limit themselves to EIL if soccer was a priority -lots of other prep schools around.

Comment

Nobles is not pushing the envelope with pre pre season scrimmages against any publics. They are in full compliance with ISL directives. Not sure who makes this stuff up but the implication is uninformed.

Comment

I heard there is a new AD at Winsor. Will there be an increased emphasis on sports?

Comment

Nobles is not pushing the envelope with pre pre season scrimmages against any publics. They are in full compliance with ISL directives. Not sure who makes this stuff up but the implication is uninformed.
                    Op here, never said pre-season. Did hear it from coaches mouth 'she'd like to scrimmage and thought her program was competitive with top publics' let's not go overboard with a simple what-ifs.

Comment

Op here, never said pre-season. Did hear it from coaches mouth 'she'd like to scrimmage and thought her program was competitive with top publics' let's not go overboard with a simple what-ifs.
                      Best window is between end of season and state tourney. Publics looking for scrimmages vs. good teams they won't meet in tourney. I'd watch

Comment

Originally posted by Yablu View Post
                        Best window is between end of season and state tourney. Publics looking for scrimmages vs. good teams they won't meet in tourney. I'd watch
                        Good to know.

Comment

Talking soccer

Originally posted by Yablu View Post
                          When I coached in the ISL, we scrimmaged a few public schools. Generally it was against a team coached by someone I knew. The publics were further along than we were. Often I had not yet finalized my roster. Our goal was never to " win" the scrimmage.

Comment

When I coached in the ISL, we scrimmaged a few public schools. Generally it was against a team coached by someone I knew. The publics were further along than we were. Often I had not yet finalized my roster. Our goal was never to " win" the scrimmage.
                            A scrimmage is just that....a scrimmage. e.g. practice.

Comment

Talking soccer

Any word on which teams looked good at camp lenox

Comment

lenox

Any word on which teams looked good at camp lenox
                                Some school's send their team. Others have a mix of Varsity/JV players, so its' hard to tell. My daughter did not go this year though.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X