Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Liverpool FSC from Rhody or something?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So i grew up in that area and understand much of what you say...but i dont know if i agree that the result is an abundance of high level players at a greater level than other geographic areas that dont exhibit the same behavior
    That's right, all the high level players come from my neighborhood where the dads wear their Arsenal jerseys with their bike shorts when they drive the Rover to Starbucks. Go You Guunners!

Comment

I'm guessing that the same can be said about you. This isn't exactly a warm, friendly, and kind post either. You are name calling and somehow have justified it because you feel you are defending others. It is the same thing.
      Not really. Simply calling a spade a spade. I didn't come here making unfounded accusations with the intent of disparaging others because I had an axe to grind. My guess is that you're the original poster, but maybe not in which case you might want to call out the original poster. If you are the original poster, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Comment

If you find the MA south coast crowds to be entertaining, you out to try the metro NY (in particular, western LI and Eastern NJ) spectator groups on for size! It can be a whole different ball of wax down there.
        True this.

Comment

Not really. Simply calling a spade a spade. I didn't come here making unfounded accusations with the intent of disparaging others because I had an axe to grind. My guess is that you're the original poster, but maybe not in which case you might want to call out the original poster. If you are the original poster, you should be ashamed of yourself.
          Hi there. I'm the OP. Nice to come back here and see the thread is still going. And I'm not ashamed for what I said at all.

Just to clarify, I have no axe to grind and don't know anything about Liverpool or anyone who plays for Liverpool. I don't know what league they are in nor what part of New England they are from. I saw one of their teams play at the GPS tournament in July. My comments were my observation of one game where the parents were a group of extraordinary sideline a-holes. Each one of the bullet points in my original post happened. Again, no axe to grind, just observations of behavior.

If you knew me you would know that calling out kids while they are playing is the last thing I would do. I can't stand it. They need to learn to how to play by making mistakes and learning from them, and by listening to their coach and executing what he/she teaches. Hovering, hollering, "send it" parents are the worst thing about youth soccer.

Sorry I hurt your internet feelings. Shoot me an email if you have specific questions or comments for me:

sorryihurtyourinternetfeelings@mail.com

Comment

Hi there. I'm the OP. Nice to come back here and see the thread is still going. And I'm not ashamed for what I said at all.

Just to clarify, I have no axe to grind and don't know anything about Liverpool or anyone who plays for Liverpool. I don't know what league they are in nor what part of New England they are from. I saw one of their teams play at the GPS tournament in July. My comments were my observation of one game where the parents were a group of extraordinary sideline a-holes. Each one of the bullet points in my original post happened. Again, no axe to grind, just observations of behavior.

If you knew me you would know that calling out kids while they are playing is the last thing I would do. I can't stand it. They need to learn to how to play by making mistakes and learning from them, and by listening to their coach and executing what he/she teaches. Hovering, hollering, "send it" parents are the worst thing about youth soccer.

Sorry I hurt your internet feelings. Shoot me an email if you have specific questions or comments for me:

sorryihurtyourinternetfeelings@mail.com
            Thanks for sharing.
            Incredibly informative and enlightening.
            You should be proud.

Comment

Thanks for sharing.
              Incredibly informative and enlightening.
              You should be proud.
              Different poster but this thread is confirmatory for me. Have not seen this club for five plus years but the actions described are exactly what I experienced. Drinking, obnoxious aholes. In the club soccer world it is difficult to be memorable for bad behavior as it is so constant.

Club culture has to be pretty rotten for this type of stuff to be considered normal parent behavior.

Comment

The DOC of the club is a decent bloke. That's not the problem. The problem in endemic in that area with parents unfortunately. And a club that uses some parents as managers/coaches. Sure emails went out but changing society takes a lot more than "don't do " blah blah

Comment

The DOC of the club is a decent bloke. That's not the problem. The problem in endemic in that area with parents unfortunately. And a club that uses some parents as managers/coaches. Sure emails went out but changing society takes a lot more than "don't do " blah blah
                  Agree with you completely. Bernie is a good guy and my experience with him as a coach is he always conducted himself with class. The problem is the area from which his club draws players. Many in that area sent their kids to the Hamlets before Liverpool was around and they had the same issues. The differences was the Hamlets, MB especislly, seemed to have encouraged that behavior.

Comment

Agree with you completely. Bernie is a good guy and my experience with him as a coach is he always conducted himself with class. The problem is the area from which his club draws players. Many in that area sent their kids to the Hamlets before Liverpool was around and they had the same issues. The differences was the Hamlets, MB especislly, seemed to have encouraged that behavior.
                    Absolutely ridiculous. You think this a club specific or regional thing. Pick any club from anywhere in New England, any size, you are going to end up with at least a team or two whose parents are a little more vocal or over zealous. If you think otherwise your just kidding yourself.

Comment

Absolutely ridiculous. You think this a club specific or regional thing. Pick any club from anywhere in New England, any size, you are going to end up with at least a team or two whose parents are a little more vocal or over zealous. If you think otherwise your just kidding yourself.
                      Culture is absolutely club-specific and regional. It is ridiculous to think otherwise.

Comment

Culture is absolutely club-specific and regional. It is ridiculous to think otherwise.
                        It can influence but is not the be all end all. So this club is not from RI as the thread title suggests. What is it about the area that would contribute to the mentioned behavior. Proximity to another club as another poster indicated. Don't think so. My guess is a good majority of the members have never even played for Hamlets. Similarly it doesn't seem like its a club culture issue as there have been a few positive posts about the DOC. Seems like it's a team or two which others feel are over the top. Show me a soccer club or any other sport for that matter where this does not occur.

Comment

It can influence but is not the be all end all. So this club is not from RI as the thread title suggests. What is it about the area that would contribute to the mentioned behavior. Proximity to another club as another poster indicated. Don't think so. My guess is a good majority of the members have never even played for Hamlets. Similarly it doesn't seem like its a club culture issue as there have been a few positive posts about the DOC. Seems like it's a team or two which others feel are over the top. Show me a soccer club or any other sport for that matter where this does not occur.
                          Oxford is a low class town with a big chip on its shoulder. Some of the teams are Oxford heavy in make up.
                          I'm sure, however, that there is no trouble in Newtown, Wellesley or Acton-Boxboro.
                          What a stupid thread. Somebody has an axe to grind.

Comment

Oxford is a low class town with a big chip on its shoulder. Some of the teams are Oxford heavy in make up.
                            I'm sure, however, that there is no trouble in Newtown, Wellesley or Acton-Boxboro.
                            What a stupid thread. Somebody has an axe to grind.
                            We have no troubles in Newton :)

Comment

The DOC of the club is a decent bloke. That's not the problem. The problem in endemic in that area with parents unfortunately. And a club that uses some parents as managers/coaches.

Sure emails went out but changing society takes a lot more than "don't do " blah blah
                              LFC email went out, but the lfc parents are not able to read a 'STOP' sign

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                                absolutely ridiculous. You think this a club specific or regional thing. Pick any club from anywhere in new england, any size, you are going to end up with at least a team or two whose parents are a little more vocal or over zealous. If you think otherwise your just kidding yourself.
                                thanks mb !!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X