Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There aren't any other Barca academies in the US.
    There are 5. All "real" and "official". http://schools.fcbarcelona.us

Look, these could be good, or even great, soccer clubs with great training etc. But please don't kid yourself that La Masia has come to Long Island.

Comment

Barca has the several "Escolas" across the US, the residential in Arizona, and the rendering in Long Island. They also have several "academies" sprinkled across the continents. I bet if you called Spain or the NY offices they would say each one is the real deal.

Comment

I wish no ill will towards FC Barcelona but I find the "thank you" e-mails that they encourage signees to send to all their previous coaches a bit goofy.

Comment

There are 5. All "real" and "official". http://schools.fcbarcelona.us

Look, these could be good, or even great, soccer clubs with great training etc. But please don't kid yourself that La Masia has come to Long Island.
          All Escolas, none of which are fully owned and operated by Barca. It looks like the truth is probably somewhere in the middle here. This NY thing is obviously not La Masia, but it's also not just another Escola. There are doing things here that Escolas don't do or say. I guess we'll all just have to wait and see.

Comment

I wish no ill will towards FC Barcelona but I find the "thank you" e-mails that they encourage signees to send to all their previous coaches a bit goofy.
            What's wrong with thanking coaches for helping in your child's development that ultimately resulted in them being selected out of a ton of kids for a spot on the roster? Also, not burning any bridges, realizing that not every kid will remain with the program and may end up playing for the same coach again. Although I don't know why you say they encourage this practice, as I haven't heard or read anything about it them doing that.

Comment

I think that's nice

Comment

What's wrong with thanking coaches for helping in your child's development that ultimately resulted in them being selected out of a ton of kids for a spot on the roster? Also, not burning any bridges, realizing that not every kid will remain with the program and may end up playing for the same coach again. Although I don't know why you say they encourage this practice, as I haven't heard or read anything about it them doing that.
                Look, it's not bothering me, it just seems a bit of a cheesy PR stunt. I know three kids that have made the FC Barcelona teams and all three parents sent out just about identical e-mails thanking all their previous coaches so I'm assuming that this is being encouraged by the club.

Comment

Fun fact. Iker Bravo, the leading goal scorer of the LaLiga Promises tournament and La Masia U12 standout, started his youth career at an FCBescola where he was coached by......., Domenec Guasch.

Comment

Look, it's not bothering me, it just seems a bit of a cheesy PR stunt. I know three kids that have made the FC Barcelona teams and all three parents sent out just about identical e-mails thanking all their previous coaches so I'm assuming that this is being encouraged by the club.
                    I see, we have received no such encouragement though.

Comment

I see, we have received no such encouragement though.
                      Well, they all do know each other. Maybe the one did it on his own and the other two copied him.

Comment

Well, they all do know each other. Maybe the one did it on his own and the other two copied him.
                        Just curious to ask if you know what team they received offers for red or blue, and what your opinion of their skill level is. I only ask because many people are reporting that the players selected were not strong players , but the two players that I know of besides my son who were selected to the red team are very good.

Comment

Just curious to ask if you know what team they received offers for red or blue, and what your opinion of their skill level is. I only ask because many people are reporting that the players selected were not strong players , but the two players that I know of besides my son who were selected to the red team are very good.
                          do you mind if I ask what team your son left? if that's official already that is...

Comment

there is a third team correct? is it gold?

Comment

RE: PROPOSED KINGS PARK SPORT COMPLEX AND CONTAMINATION

The proposed Kings Park Facility sits adjacent to the Brownfield site. Two seperate parcels of land, so as disturbing as it is that the fields may or may not be next to contaminated land they are not the same. The proposed athletic facility is an abandoned sand mine owned by Kings Park resident Anthony Santili while the Steck-Philbin Landfil is the Propoerty surrounded in the Brownfield controversy. Also, the Steck-Philbin Landfill is where the proposed solar farm would be. To further clarify, The landfill is to the west and the proposed sports complex to the east. The both share property lines.

Comment

do you mind if I ask what team your son left? if that's official already that is...
                                town team, he's young. but he was already scheduled to leave after the season due to another offer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X