Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Was that supposed to be funny or clever?

But as I previously posted, let's actually dig into the demographics of constituencies. Dropouts, GEDs, HS diplomas, college degrees, advanced degrees, etc.
    1%er$ plus an eclectic assortment of cowboys and crackers who buy into the Republican bigotry. Just look at a map, not that complex.

Comment

And you probably think Obama has a mandate.
      Is rule by mandate in the Constitution? That must be the 29th amendment the teanuts are trying to get enforced.

Comment

Funny how you teanuts will criticize expenditures on social programs and infrastructure but not blink when we buy 750 F22 Raptors that the military we admits we don't need at $230M per unit. How many trillions has this government spent on ships, tanks, and airplanes that have never seen action in a conflict.

As long as we are devising new and more efficient ways to kill people and spending billions on it you are happy but to make sure that a kid doesn't go to bed hungry or that they have a classroom with less than 40 students.

You have done your best to make liberal a four letter word but I am proud to be a liberal, I know why I pay taxes, don't complain about it, and understand that a society exists to support everyone's needs, not just the priviliged few.
        How's those defense mechanisms of Europe doing? How about the rest of the world. the reason you have what you have is beacause of the might of the Defense capabilities of America. We should pull all our bases from the rest of the world and wait and see what happens. There's your budget cuts. The EU is on the skids, and the reoval of our bases there would shatter their local economies.

We have dumped more and more $$$ into Education in the bottomless pit of the DOE. Back in the 50's, the avergage class had over 40, one teacher. Children were PREPARED for school , were more in focus, and discipline was not the issue that it is today. Libs are against any change to the Union controlled education system, the worse schools in the country being in Washington DC , but Obama's kids don't go to those schools. No vouchers for the kids in DC to maybe get another education.

Anyone proud to be a Liberal is ignorant of the damge that Liberlism has done to what was once a great American culture. It has been a slow rot. And the sad part, you have been played and don't even know it. According to whatthe US Government now considers " poor" in America, their lifestyle is superior to the average middle class European. The more Libs wring their hands and open up the Treasury , the more the takers will take.

Comment

How's those defense mechanisms of Europe doing? How about the rest of the world. the reason you have what you have is beacause of the might of the Defense capabilities of America. We should pull all our bases from the rest of the world and wait and see what happens. There's your budget cuts. The EU is on the skids, and the reoval of our bases there would shatter their local economies.

We have dumped more and more $$$ into Education in the bottomless pit of the DOE. Back in the 50's, the avergage class had over 40, one teacher. Children were PREPARED for school , were more in focus, and discipline was not the issue that it is today. Libs are against any change to the Union controlled education system, the worse schools in the country being in Washington DC , but Obama's kids don't go to those schools. No vouchers for the kids in DC to maybe get another education.

Anyone proud to be a Liberal is ignorant of the damge that Liberlism has done to what was once a great American culture. It has been a slow rot. And the sad part, you have been played and don't even know it. According to whatthe US Government now considers " poor" in America, their lifestyle is superior to the average middle class European. The more Libs wring their hands and open up the Treasury , the more the takers will take.
          AMEN! Right on target.

Comment

Ditto!

Comment

Good stuff and spot on. White suburban kids from upper middle class families are exponentially more likely to abuse drugs and alcohol than urban youths. Yet the urban youths are far more likely to enter the judicial system than the letter. Our country's law enforcement have waged a war against minorities and disproportionately sent them off to prison. Part of this admittedly is due to the violence (which suburban communities are not immune to....) associated with urban drugs.

Part of it is that the white media glorifies and promotes artists with violent imagery and reputations. But it does all stem from a generation of kids with no hope and no prospects. This is the tax that the corporations and rich impose on the 98% (including Mitt's 47%). The cost of low wage dead end jobs with no benefits. The middle class picks up that tab from the state and federal government.

Club soccer is clearly the most elitist of the team sports. It is a playground for the children of the upper white middle class. There is a lot of crappy soccer being played by these kids while a lot of good immigrant minority based soccer barely gets a nod from the soccer organizations. Sure some of these kids get identified and succeed but they are viewed as competition by the privileged.
              Laughable from start to finish. I need these posts from time to time to keep me inspired to help pay dues and travel costs for the three "scholarship" players on my kids team.

Comment

Laughable from start to finish. I need these posts from time to time to keep me inspired to help pay dues and travel costs for the three "scholarship" players on my kids team.
                If the model permitted your dues to be less money, the number of " scholarship " players that you are so generous to support might diminish substanially.

Comment

Don't want any of "those" people competing with your kid for playing time, eh?

I suspect that the sideline jerks are mostly Republican. Just a guess.

Comment

I'm glad some of ou can get your frustrations and potshots out here.

The Republicans are so easy to debate, because every day your "smart" people reveal right on their sleeves how bigoted and hateful they are. All your radio and TV guys are textbook lessons in racism and they hold on as tight as they can to ideas that thankfully were dismissed 50 years ago by anyone with a brain.

Beyonce? How about Michelle Obama?

Two weeks after the election Romney is at the Pacqiuao fight in Vegas, ringside with Ann. But you're not going to mention that, because you'd rather focus on calling an incredibly prosperous businessman like Jay-Z names

The well-run red states? Have you been to Wyoming? There is nothing to run there, except herd some cattle and building another gun rack for the pickup and provide seed money for the next white militia group.

You really think Mitch (and you) know more about inner workings of the economy than Obama? You know more than a guy who could blitz through an econ major at Harvard at U Chicago with A+'s while Mitch sweats it out to get C's at U of Louisville?

What planet do you guys live on? Would you like to bring back colored bathrooms too? Or just take back a woman's right to vote?

This pining for the 1950s and references to the Stockholm syndrome are fascinating 9and telling). I feel sorry for these white guys who miss the good 'ol days when everything was so neat and clean, and they didn't have to bother with being challenged and such deep-seated insecurities.

And come again on your theory on why the great college and universities (and even the not so great ones) lean left?

Comment

Don't want any of "those" people competing with your kid for playing time, eh?

I suspect that the sideline jerks are mostly Republican. Just a guess.
                      actually we are the ones who are there watching the game and trying to be a positive influence on our kids and not wringing our hands and gnashing our teeth about Halliburton or the Koch brothers and the boogey man

Comment

The white male the most screwed person in America.

Comment

And by the way, the "American culture" is greater today than at any point in its history. You can't stuff progress back in the bottle, which is what all you Limbaughs and Palins and McConnells are so desperately trying to do. To be both stupid AND desperate is a cross you guys really shouldn't have to bear. I feel for you.

Comment

You mean the 3% of GDP that NATO requires (extorts) for the privilege of membership in an organization that protects them from a threat that ceased to exist 15 years ago?

Let's see all the evil stuff that liberalism has done: 1) allowed women the right to vote and make choices about birth control, 2) eliminated child labor, 3) abolished slavery, 4) established social security (have you opted out of getting checks?) 5) established OSHA to protect workers, set limits on how much you can be forced to work, 6) set a minimum wage, 7) built the Hoover Dam, the TVA, and the National Park System, 7) eliminated trusts and monopolies (price fixing), 8) set minimum standards of quality for drugs and food, 8) built the interstate highway system which made living in the suburbs possible, 9) clean air and clean water act which among other species allowed the Bald Eagle to avoid extinction from the impact of industrial waste and pollution.

Just to mention a few.

Comment

You mean the 3% of GDP that NATO requires (extorts) for the privilege of membership in an organization that protects them from a threat that ceased to exist 15 years ago?

Let's see all the evil stuff that liberalism has done: 1) allowed women the right to vote and make choices about birth control, 2) eliminated child labor, 3) abolished slavery, 4) established social security (have you opted out of getting checks?) 5) established OSHA to protect workers, set limits on how much you can be forced to work, 6) set a minimum wage, 7) built the Hoover Dam, the TVA, and the National Park System, 7) eliminated trusts and monopolies (price fixing), 8) set minimum standards of quality for drugs and food, 8) built the interstate highway system which made living in the suburbs possible, 9) clean air and clean water act which among other species allowed the Bald Eagle to avoid extinction from the impact of industrial waste and pollution.

Just to mention a few.
                              Like I said Stockholm Syndrome or bizaro world. Why do you dolts think that people should opt out of SS when they actually paid, you know the money taken out of your check - if you work, it is my money that was taken from me. You leftisits are so ingnorant and BTW where exactly are Obama's school records?? You seem to have them. Have you checked the box to pay extra income tax to MA? I bet you are one of the 5% that are doing that - put your money where your mouth is.

Comment

Like I said Stockholm Syndrome or bizaro world. Why do you dolts think that people should opt out of SS when they actually paid, you know the money taken out of your check - if you work, it is my money that was taken from me. You leftisits are so ingnorant and BTW where exactly are Obama's school records?? You seem to have them. Have you checked the box to pay extra income tax to MA? I bet you are one of the 5% that are doing that - put your money where your mouth is.
                                You don't understand the hypocricy of simultaneously accepting and complaing about entitlements?

Typical teanut thinking. You complain about the cost of government without thinking about the costs and impact of shrinking it.

Last year I was at a town budget meeting and some fat doddering old fool was complaining about his property taxes and the fact that they were not fair because he doesn't have any kids in HS.

I stood up and told him that I resented having to fund EMT's and ambulances that will be needed when his lardbutt causes a major cardiac infarction.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X